Latest Infomation on The Crew

No votes

Total votes: 0
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Thursday 10.40: Crew expansion.

Community manager AFK until 22 August.. :P
Thursday? Shoot, I can't watch it live. Well, I'll get all the info I need from here!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
neongod666
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Sorry will there be news on Thursday, I'm sorry if I'm being dumb what does the AFK 22nd august mean?
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

neongod666 wrote:Sorry will there be news on Thursday, I'm sorry if I'm being dumb what does the AFK 22nd august mean?
Yes news on Thursday, the AFK 22nd august just means he is away till then. ;)
AFK "Away From Keyboard"
Image Image
neongod666
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Ok cheers for clearing that up, was worried it was some sort of code for news not really happening, what time is the announce in the UK?
Whatever it is they'll have my money, I've been playing at least 3 hours everyday for the whole of this year so some new stuff would be great thanks despite still having loads to do.
DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

My guess is the expansion will be story-driven and feature a new region (possibly Mexico) that the story events take place in. New vehicles (Sand Rail perhaps?) will be included. The border crossing to Mexico is already in the game, maybe that's a big hint, maybe it's nothing. Either way, I'm excited and can't wait for Thursday!
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

DDastardly00 wrote:My guess is the expansion will be story-driven and feature a new region (possibly Mexico) that the story events take place in. New vehicles (Sand Rail perhaps?) will be included. The border crossing to Mexico is already in the game, maybe that's a big hint, maybe it's nothing. Either way, I'm excited and can't wait for Thursday!
Even though Mexico would be cool, I would almost rather see a Hawaii or Alaska expansion. Those make the most sense to me because those states are still a part of the US, but they haven't yet been represented. And they would be easy to reach because of the airport system! But all we can do is speculate. I'll take everything with a grain of salt until Thursday. :whistle:
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Ahh, time for some speculation.

An expansion that extends the current map is always cool. Mexico seems already mapped for a part and in the end i would like to be able to drive the Pan American Highway.

Oahu would be cool for nostalgic reasons.
There are other map options i would like to see, like Africa, because it would be original.

But the existing map can also have more things in it.
I would like to see some additional race tracks for example. America has some great racing tracks. Watkins Glen with the Boot and Mid Ohio for example.

There are some options within the current game mechanics for additional vehicles.

Dragster Bikes
Drift Bikes
Monster Bikes or Trikes
Cruise Bikes like Choppers

Many of the licensed Vehicles have missing specs. Although that does make sense in some cases.

There are, however, things to concern.

The recent bike nerf has not done much good for the game. The reluctance to fix this is not good. Especially the pre-programmed, uncontrollable slides and the lock on the steering angle are not good.

Turning it too much into an Arcade game is also not the right direction. It is still possible to do rail riding and set a high score with doing it. Even if the team has stated they want to differentiate from games like NFS. You can not please gamers from that in The Crew, without sacrificing what made it stand out from the casual driving games in the first place.

The Cars do react excessive on small impacts, creating weird dance moves that cars are not supposed to make. Funny once, annoying after.
Some new aero effects have been introduced. This means you can gain extra speed from passing traffic cars or driving close to a wall. It also means you can do better slipstreaming, but the catch is that you lose grip while doing so. That last effect is exaggerated and can make cars fly that drive too close behind another.

And of course there are some long term wishes.

I would like to see an extension of the current Free Drive Challenge option. More checkpoints to start with. And maybe a ranking per challenge. Also the ability to create loops or reverse the challenge. Plenty of options there.

A replay mode for timed events would be awesome.

More tuning options has been mentioned many times. More kits for drift cars, taken from Street or Perf and not to forget the custom sticker shop everybody wants.
Release of the stickers that are already in the game, like the Gulf type sticker set.

A custom TDUDT and DT-Racing sticker set. (I have asked this already and keep doing so)

The ability to create custom radio stations with imported music.

Full working rear view mirrors and dials. The ability to switch off the stupid moving wheel while you drive straight and adjustable seats for example.

Paintable rims, resizable rims and better selection option for these rims. Type first, color later.

Simple fixes like proper car naming. With the year behind the model.
Ability to set favorites in each class or car/bike type.

Customize the avatar. I know it is a RPG, but it would still be better.

In game instant cheat report. Making a report for CS is a hassle as you also need to record and upload a video with proof.
Most will not do it because of that.

Better dealing with speedhackers and lag switchers. Action is taken way too slow.

Release of the companion app

More cars and brands.

More races, variations in races and race types. Including picking different specs.

Better PvP options, including limiting to cars or bikes only and force class or single car/bike in normal PvP.

:rightthumbup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

One thing the Crew always had missing was playing the Police. And the storyline didn't make much sense after it was completed. There was no follow up and no real game integration with the factions for example.
It seems that this expansion digs into that loophole.

In addition to that, i always thought it would be sensible to have a Koenigsegg Police Car :loll:

Looking forward to more info. :party:

Edit: some have been analyzing this trailer under a microscope.
max level raised to 60
max car rank 1399
new skill rank Diamond
new playable drivers

New cars
1. Jeep Wrangler (raid) (perf?)
2. Lambo Huracan LP 610-4 (perf)
3. Ferrari F12berlinetta (perf)
4. Nissan GTR R35 (perf)
5. Mercedes GLC (raid

cars that can be cops
1. Pagani Huayra
2. Monster Abarth 500
3. Lambo Aventador
4. Hummer
5. Ford Raptor
6. Koenigsegg Agera R
7. Mercedes GLC

new tab section "Infractions"
new nos flame colors+animation
All to be confirmed :party:

EDIT2 Gameplay vid (very crappy driving, still informative ;) )

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Bezrider wrote:I still think something is in the pipeline, maybe a new storyline with more challenges. :think:
Looks like I was spot on with this one. ;)
Image Image

Return to “The Crew Game”