Latest Infomation on The Crew

No votes

Total votes: 0
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

i'm confused....
why buy a DLC season pass if most of the coming DLC will be free? :character-blues:
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Just Switched to the gold edition from ubisoft ... So no steam for me I don't cancel and go for steam this time, because You have to use Uplay nevertheless. Switching from LE to gold was not that simple I had to cancel and order again. However kudo's for Ubisoft I cancelled it yesterday afternoon (3 pm or so) and the refund on paypal was at 23.30 the same day on my account ... I wish it was every time that fast.
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

SpeedFreak.be wrote:Just Switched to the gold edition from ubisoft
Nice upgrade. I think the Uplay version is more appealing. But also that the versions will be similar, once the marketing devision has gone through all offers available.
Right now the Steam version has no Mustang and the Uplay version has. :lol:
Lunytrickz wrote:i'm confused....
why buy a DLC season pass if most of the coming DLC will be free? :character-blues:
Yes, i will check the interview with Julian again. The season pass is for one Year of content. Which is very generous as a lot of those passes are only for 3 months or a limited number of DLC upgrades or so. It depends on the number and quality of the content provided.

When i was at the Studio they told me that they are already working on DLC for at least 1 or 2 years ahead. So next to the extra time they got to finish and polish the game, they use some to work on new content as well.

They also said then that some would be free and some paid. So maybe there will be both paid and free DLC.

I will do some research this week. And get back on this.

:spy:

Edit: What he basically said are two things. The first is that the whole team will continue to work for at least a year after launch, which is unique as most development teams are brought back to essential personnel to operate and maintain the game and to develop some new content. That alone is great news already.
In addition to that he mentioned new features like instant challenges and maybe things like player created challenges (which i talked about with them and suggested at the Studio) to add to the Game World for free.

But there is also other content that will be paid DLC.
I will send Julian a PM.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Interesting video but a little confusing saying they are working on free DLC for the first year then announce a season pass :?
I also noticed he didn't elaborate on the chat only saying they are working on improving it, if it's anything like it was in those photos then it looks to me like it's integrated into a social network system. I hope I'm wrong.
Image Image
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

The whole pre-order information is a mess if you ask me.

Interesting video also, although he didn't mention text chat explicitely. But let's keep our hopes up. :2thumbsup:

Update: I have sent a question to the Ubisoft shop support. Hopefully they can answer or fix it.
Purple44
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I also would like to know more about the season pass, before I would spend an extra $25 on it. If just for some DLC cars then I would pass.

I hoping someone from Ivory Tower will confirm text chat this next week so I can pre-order and get a beta key for the second beta.
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well I think that some dlc is free however others will be paid dlc .... and I don't know either if it's only cars or that there will be more (events, etc)
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

What would be a smart move to make money (let's hope I don't give them ideas) is to give the cars for free but everything that involves customization of those cars is paid. :D
We can all guess until Ubisoft gives some information about this. I doubt they will until after release though.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

blehz wrote:What would be a smart move to make money (let's hope I don't give them ideas) is to give the cars for free but everything that involves customization of those cars is paid. :D
We can all guess until Ubisoft gives some information about this. I doubt they will until after release though.
:youwish:

Lol I think that would never happen, not with all the time and money they have spent on making the custom car platforms... :lol:

I think updates to the map and new game modes will be free DLC, while all the add-on items: say cars and customization would be pay DLC ;)

But if you get the Gold Edition you won't have to worry about it for a year :-D
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

The Crew has disappeared off Steam again :think:
It just says:
This item is currently unavailable in your region :facepalm:
Image Image

Return to “The Crew Game”