Windows 10

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

Windows 10 will be running on most Windows 8.1 phones, many of them only have 512MB of ram
nathan is a mexican!!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Not only will W10 be a free upgrade from W7 and 8 in the first year of release, it will even be a free upgrade from pirated versions of those OS. :o

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/ ... 6A20150318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:eeek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Microsoft most should just lower the prices of all of their OS's, then more people would buy it, but to give it away for free that's generous :)

btw i have Win 10 installed on a second pattion on my on, only need to find a LAN driver for it, as the mobo can't find one on it's own.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:Not only will W10 be a free upgrade from W7 and 8 in the first year of release, it will even be a free upgrade from pirated versions of those OS. :o

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/ ... 6A20150318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:eeek:
So its only for the Chinese pirates :shock:
:mrgreen:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

DX12 will give programmers the possibility to use on-board (unused) iGPU for parallel tasks. Smart move.
This will make it possible to let the built in GPU do some physics calculations for example.

I think DX12 will rock. Especially if all new games will support it or will be patched to be compatible.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Those graphics look awesome :eeek:
since installing win 8.1 I am now getting used to it, still don't love it but I don't hate it as much as I used to. :)
But I am definitely looking forward to win 10 especially as it will be a free upgrade. :banana-dance:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Can't wait for it to come out either, i'll differently be buying it as a the technical preview looked great :)

The graphics enhancements is just the icing on the cake :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There is a small windows logo popping up on your task bar. If you click it, you can pre-load W10 as soon as it becomes available. I already activated it on one PC and reserved my W10 copy. But it does not appear on all of them yet.

W7 and W8 users have a free upgrade to W10.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Sound good, but i guess i'll just buy a copy once it gets released. I liked the preview i tried, so i see no point in waiting a year to buy it, so i might as well just buy it when it hits the marked ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If you activate your reservation, Windows 10 will be auto downloaded to your PC as soon as it becomes available.

All W7 and 8 users can upgrade free. You will be able to upgrade up to a year after the release. But i will do it straightaway on all PC's i think. As W10 is pretty good.

So, you don't need to buy it when you have W7 or 8. It is a free upgrade.

Return to “PC”