900 series video cards

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:Just in case anyone is thinking of getting a new video card, take a look at this first.
Owh i know :lol: But it makes no sense to get a 3rd copy of The Crew, so i'll take Assassins Creed Unity when i finally order my Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming "SOC" 8-)

Just need to get rid of my HD 7950 at a decent price, but my cousin aka the buyer has been dodging me all day :P
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I will be getting you my benchmarks and some picture of my GTX 970 when i get it tomorrow :woot:

Ordered the Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming 8-)
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=5209#ov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll let you guys know how it turns out :party:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Wow nice, welcome to the fast lane. :auto-nx:
Look forward to those benchmarks. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That looks like a nice version of the GTX970. Plenty of room for a solid OC and no overheating with 3 special shaped fans. :lol:

Lets see if it can keep up with the 780Ti 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Thanks Bez, it's has been a long time coming, of using more or less budget parts to come this moment where i have gone nuts. First the jump from AMD to Intel, and now AMD/ATI to Nvidia wallets getting pretty thin :lol:

Believe me Mad, i have been wondering about that too, but tomorrow evening i'll know the answer, and see where it stacks up in the power line-up :party:
_

The HD 7950 is the anti-static bag, and i'm running on Intel cpu onboard, until the GTX 970 finds it's home tomorrow :D

And btw. i managed to get my young cousin (13-year-old) to break is bank and buy my old HD 7950 for 100 euros, and for the games he plays - that thing will rock his world for awhile - so more than enough power for him ;)

This dampened the blow of paying 400 euros, so only 300 euros - but that's stil alot, but lol a got that game with it to, so that's a plus :lol:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

GTX 970 vs. HD 7950

Benching the card now, out of the box it scored 9845 in 3DMark's Firestrike, which is pretty nice 8-)
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3163243" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And then there is the overclocking headroom when i need it, as it only hit 64℃ During 3dmark :P
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

"Better than 93% of all results" :eeek:
Nice score, looks like your gaming just went up a notch or two. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:"Better than 93% of all results" :eeek:
Nice score, looks like your gaming just went up a notch or two. :rightthumbup:
Thanks - yes Indeed, just had my mind blown in Grid AS and Skyrim - saw 90%+ less white flickerings than on the old gpu 8-)

Went from better than 79% to 93%, it's not it is that much different, but all the white flickering is gone DSR at 1527p which makes a world of difference ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Just had a pretty weird thing happen, was a movie and then the graphic card (my new GTX 970) just out of the blue spins the fans up to max, and no fan program could make it stop... lol had to restart the pc :?

edit:
MSI and Asus GTX 970's also suffers from this fan bug, just strange, i've had it for 2 weeks now and nothing of like this, but none the less it is a good card.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If all those cards, from different brands, suffer from a fan control bug, it might be an Nvidia design thing. Always better that they run at full speed, instead of stopping completely or spinning too low. GTX970 is not a heat monster at stock speeds. So no big problems there. But they better fix this with a driver update.

:geek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “PC”