Top 5 cars

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike

No votes

Total votes: 0
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

AMG_63 wrote:Meh.. Porsches dont have that drama im looking for from a car... yes i love Zondas, but other cars interest me too. SOME porshes are good, and i know they have engineering achievements. But other porshes... take the cayenne (Q7 underneath) (granted they have changed it a lot, but lets be honest its still a Q7) seems to me like they are trying to "Audify" Porsche, which is true because they are now owned by VW. Their is a new Pajun thing coming soon, which is like a mini cayenne lol. Isnt their range big enough?
When the cayenne was released, and up to 7 years after it's release, Porsche was an independent company, so if there is an Audi influence, it only came about recently. Historically speaking, Porsche hasn't been owned by VW that long at all; in fact, VW is still technically in the process of fully acquiring them.
AMG_63 wrote:Thats the main problem in my opinion... at least around here i see them too often compared to other cars. Yes they may have similar stats to other supercars that are much rarer, but where is the class? The amount of times i have seen a GTR is about twice. The amount of times i have seen a 911 is beyond the 50s. Just my opinion on Porsche's.

Yes this may be a generic argument, but it is my opinion. Not saying Porshe is bad, just saying it might be lacking a bit of soul... you don't really see Porsche's that often as posters on children's walls? hehe.
That's fine if that is your opinion, but I hate when people use a "soul" argument (for the love of god it is a piece of metal, use "looks" or "style" or "image" instead, there is no soul in any of them) and the rarity argument (the rarer the better is flawed as your fav car would be changing every 5 minutes, as everyone would be buying that awesome rare car, until there are many. Would you honestly start hating the Zonda if they were suddenly more common than a Toyota Camry?

I swear i've had this conversation before lol.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
Prepsi

AMG_63 wrote:Meh.. Porsches dont have that drama im looking for from a car... yes i love Zondas, but other cars interest me too. SOME porshes are good, and i know they have engineering achievements. But other porshes... take the cayenne (Q7 underneath) (granted they have changed it a lot, but lets be honest its still a Q7) seems to me like they are trying to "Audify" Porsche, which is true because they are now owned by VW. Their is a new Pajun thing coming soon, which is like a mini cayenne lol. Isnt their range big enough?

Thats the main problem in my opinion... at least around here i see them too often compared to other cars. Yes they may have simular stats to other supercars that are much rarer, but where is the class? The amount of times i have seen a GTR is about twice. The amount of times i have seen a 911 is beyond the 50s. Just my opinion on porshes.

Yes this may be a generic argument, but it is my opinion. Not saying Porshe is bad, just saying it might be lacking a bit of soul... you dont really see porshes that often as posters on children's walls? hehe.
The other thing is the pajun or whatever will be a sportier rebodied audi Q5 with more engines. :roll:
BigDcBiggs
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

eaustinn36 wrote:
BigDcBiggs wrote:True looks are opinion s but I do not want to ride or drive a car that doesn't look good to most people. Granted the Porsche is factually faster, but if we all pick our top 5 favorite cars based on facts we will all have the same list. The big sedan market is tricky though. If a company like Pagani made a 4 door, I would have that. That's why I'd have a maserati, the sound that V8 makes is just epic
Well I don't think we would have the same list. Using the facts, each person puts different "weights" on them to determine which are most important. I used performance as an example, but "performance" and "looks" aren't the only 2 categories.

For example, ask the question: Based on factual stuff only (not the opinion of looks), which would you chose: Pagani Zonda or Ford Fusion? Yes, the Zonda wins in the performance dept, and even if you includes "looks", it would win that as well. However, using factual evidence, if you weigh things like "fuel economy, cargo space, practicality, etc.." more heavily than another person, then it could very well be that someone would choose the Ford Fusion instead.

Also, most people don't think it is ugly. Maybe the group of people you hang out with do, but to generalize and assume more than 50% of the world hates the looks, is irrational. If you were right, then Porsche would stop making it instantly as they were losing money on it. Last I checked, many models have sold and it is very popular relative to other similarly classed cars, so therefore, you can't be right. I'm not saying it is beautiful, but I would call it "slightly above average" at the least, especially considering the other cars that are out there...
I'm gonna have to concede defeat. My generalization was wrong (the group I hang with doesn't care for Potsches in general), and we would not all have the same top 5. U up for a race on TDU2? As for looks, in your opinion what is the prettiest car ever? One last thing... have you seen the new Ford Fusion, and the Pagani Huayra? On the matter of looks, I think the Ford is better.
Check out ADHD Gaming on YouTube
The best car motto ever: "The Best 4x4 By Far"..Land Rover

"If you believe something will happen...It will happen"
Remember JC's wise words
ADHD gaming needs mike. ideas?
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

BigDcBiggs wrote:U up for a race on TDU2?
You have an xbox? If so, sure, why not (not tonight of course). Just send me a msg on xbl.

BigDcBiggs wrote: As for looks, in your opinion what is the prettiest car ever?
It's it tough to declare just 1 as the prettiest, as each has a unique styling that I like in different ways. Although, the new Porsche 918 is drop dead gorgeous (in my sig).

BigDcBiggs wrote:One last thing... have you seen the new Ford Fusion, and the Pagani Huayra? On the matter of looks, I think the Ford is better.
I've always called the Huayra the Zonda's fat cousin, so I think we are on the same page there.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
BigDcBiggs
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

After reading (and deeply discussing) Top 5's, I hhave decided to mix it up a bit. List your top 5 favoite MUSCLE cars (doesn't have to be American, muscle car= BIG engine, Really fast, relatively simple and cheap). As always please explain why, and pics are helpful but not required.
Here is my list to get the ball rolling.
(tie for first)
1: 1971 Chevy Chevelle SS 454 (In pure black, this thing is such a "driver car" a 70's wheelman would love it) Image
1: 1969 Chevy Camaro SS 396 (like above, but a modernized 396 would fly, looks better with stripes)Image
3: 2003 BMW M5 E39 (Just cool, almost a sleeper, but 400hp is fast, and that same engine makes 600+ in Ascari's)Image
4: 2013 Dodge Charger Interceptor (Hemi powered Cop car that intimidates even the boldest outlaw)Image
5: 2013 Ford Mustang 302 (one of the best looking Mustangs, with the horsepower to match)Image
Check out ADHD Gaming on YouTube
The best car motto ever: "The Best 4x4 By Far"..Land Rover

"If you believe something will happen...It will happen"
Remember JC's wise words
ADHD gaming needs mike. ideas?

Return to “The Showroom”