Top 5 cars

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike

No votes

Total votes: 0
sheepshagger
New Starter
New Starter

@ Driiven Good car for value Honda's dunno whats all the hate, try a b18cr in a Civic they are nuts and great fun.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

RamteamJax wrote:You have any idea what the gas mileage is on the zonda ?
You don't buy the Zonda for the Miles per gallon but the Fun per gallon :teasing-nutkick:

My shortlist atm

1. Pagani Zonda 760CK
2. Ferrari 250GT California Spyder
3. Bugatti Atlantic s/c 57
4. Porsche 918
5. Mercedes SSK Count Trossi

Bonus cars

Ferrari 288 GTO
RUF CTR Yellowbird
Lamborghini Countach LP400
Volvo C30 Polestar
Koenigsegg Agera R

:occasion-snowman:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
BigDcBiggs
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Prepsi wrote:What would be top 5 on you guys' car lists? Please provide a reason why. Here's mine:
1:Aston Martin V12 Vantage [Comfortable, fast, well equipped, this ticks all the boxes!]
2:Porsche Panamera Turbo [See above, just uglier and with four doors.]
3:Lexus LFA [Like a tech nut's V12 Vantage.]
4:SRT Viper [Best American car ever, and one of the best cars ever, period.]
5: Ferrari FF [Ferrari agility and speed with the capability to seat 4 comfortably.]
If you are an AM man, why not the Rapide instead of the Porsche? With the Rapide you get epic looks, sound, and 4 doors!
My list? (all tie for first)
1: Corvette C7 427 (700+hp not built yet)
1: 1971 Chevy Chevelle SS (454 but with single headlights) (http://images.dealerrevs.com/pictures/40223006.jpg)
1: Maserati Quattroporte (Better than the AM Rapide, Porsche Puke Turbo, ties with BMW 760iL)
1: Pagani Zonda Cinque (or similar)
1: 1990 Honda NSX (Input from Aryton Senna and the first good looking practical supercar) (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 ... vL._SL.jpg)

Honorable mentions: Ariel Atom, E39 BMW M5 (Germany's best muscle car), Mclaren F1 (Bugatti's are just to obvious), Ferrari F40, 1995 C5 Corvette ZR1 (custom blue), 1995 Land Rover Classic
The ultimate sleeper: a 2000ish Ford Crown Vic with the the 6.2L out of a C6 Corvette ZR1 (in America 70% of the cops use Crown Vics so you'd blend in)
Thoughts?
Check out ADHD Gaming on YouTube
The best car motto ever: "The Best 4x4 By Far"..Land Rover

"If you believe something will happen...It will happen"
Remember JC's wise words
ADHD gaming needs mike. ideas?
Prepsi

BigDcBiggs wrote:
Prepsi wrote:What would be top 5 on you guys' car lists? Please provide a reason why. Here's mine:
1:Aston Martin V12 Vantage [Comfortable, fast, well equipped, this ticks all the boxes!]
2:Porsche Panamera Turbo [See above, just uglier and with four doors.]
3:Lexus LFA [Like a tech nut's V12 Vantage.]
4:SRT Viper [Best American car ever, and one of the best cars ever, period.]
5: Ferrari FF [Ferrari agility and speed with the capability to seat 4 comfortably.]
If you are an AM man, why not the Rapide instead of the Porsche? With the Rapide you get epic looks, sound, and 4 doors!
My list? (all tie for first)
1: Corvette C7 427 (700+hp not built yet)
1: 1971 Chevy Chevelle SS (454 but with single headlights) (http://images.dealerrevs.com/pictures/40223006.jpg)
1: Maserati Quattroporte (Better than the AM Rapide, Porsche Puke Turbo, ties with BMW 760iL)
1: Pagani Zonda Cinque (or similar)
1: 1990 Honda NSX (Input from Aryton Senna and the first good looking practical supercar) (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 ... vL._SL.jpg)
Honorable mentions: Ariel Atom, E39 BMW M5 (Germany's best muscle car), Mclaren F1 (Bugatti's are just to obvious), Ferrari F40, 1995 C5 Corvette ZR1 (custom blue), 1995 Land Rover Classic
The ultimate sleeper: a 2000ish Ford Crown Vic with the the 6.2L out of a C6 Corvette ZR1 (in America 70% of the cops use Crown Vics so you'd blend in)
Thoughts?
Because the rapide has NO rear seat room at all. But i might take a look at the stats for the new QP and see if it's good enough to dethrone the panamera from the num 2 spot.
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

BigDcBiggs wrote:If you are an AM man, why not the Rapide instead of the Porsche? With the Rapide you get epic looks, sound, and 4 doors!
I know this wasn't directed at me, but: The Porsche Panamera Turbo is statistically better than the Rapide in every factual stat you can think of. Handling/Cornering ability, acceleration (0-60, 0-100, 0-150, etc..) and top speed to name a few. The only argument I hear for the Rapide over the Porsche is "it looks better", in which is not factual at all, and just a matter of opinion and taste in styling. Even so though, looks aren't everything.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

Prepsi wrote:But i might take a look at the stats for the new QP and see if it's good enough to dethrone the panamera from the num 2 spot.
I highly doubt it will, in the performance dept at least ;)

EDIT: Found this article on it for your viewing pleasure: http://www.caradvice.com.au/205278/2013 ... -revealed/

The V8 version (best one) has a 0-100kph in 4.7 seconds, and a 307kph top speed, among other thing mentioned in the article, so I was right ;)
BigDcBiggs
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

True looks are opinion s but I do not want to ride or drive a car that doesn't look good to most people. Granted the Porsche is factually faster, but if we all pick our top 5 favorite cars based on facts we will all have the same list. The big sedan market is tricky though. If a company like Pagani made a 4 door, I would have that. That's why I'd have a maserati, the sound that V8 makes is just epic
Check out ADHD Gaming on YouTube
The best car motto ever: "The Best 4x4 By Far"..Land Rover

"If you believe something will happen...It will happen"
Remember JC's wise words
ADHD gaming needs mike. ideas?
lambo_lover
Rookie
Rookie

I agree that looks aren't everything but imo they,are a lot. Stats mean almost nothing to me. Id rather take q murci SV over a enzo or a agera over a Hennessey or a maserati over a Porsche or a mito over a gti
YOU buy a FERRARI when you want to BE someone, YOU buy a LAMBORGHINI when you ARE someone!!!
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

BigDcBiggs wrote:True looks are opinion s but I do not want to ride or drive a car that doesn't look good to most people. Granted the Porsche is factually faster, but if we all pick our top 5 favorite cars based on facts we will all have the same list. The big sedan market is tricky though. If a company like Pagani made a 4 door, I would have that. That's why I'd have a maserati, the sound that V8 makes is just epic
Well I don't think we would have the same list. Using the facts, each person puts different "weights" on them to determine which are most important. I used performance as an example, but "performance" and "looks" aren't the only 2 categories.

For example, ask the question: Based on factual stuff only (not the opinion of looks), which would you chose: Pagani Zonda or Ford Fusion? Yes, the Zonda wins in the performance dept, and even if you includes "looks", it would win that as well. However, using factual evidence, if you weigh things like "fuel economy, cargo space, practicality, etc.." more heavily than another person, then it could very well be that someone would choose the Ford Fusion instead.

Also, most people don't think it is ugly. Maybe the group of people you hang out with do, but to generalize and assume more than 50% of the world hates the looks, is irrational. If you were right, then Porsche would stop making it instantly as they were losing money on it. Last I checked, many models have sold and it is very popular relative to other similarly classed cars, so therefore, you can't be right. I'm not saying it is beautiful, but I would call it "slightly above average" at the least, especially considering the other cars that are out there...
Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Meh.. Porsches dont have that drama im looking for from a car... yes i love Zondas, but other cars interest me too. SOME porshes are good, and i know they have engineering achievements. But other porshes... take the cayenne (Q7 underneath) (granted they have changed it a lot, but lets be honest its still a Q7) seems to me like they are trying to "Audify" Porsche, which is true because they are now owned by VW. Their is a new Pajun thing coming soon, which is like a mini cayenne lol. Isnt their range big enough?

Thats the main problem in my opinion... at least around here i see them too often compared to other cars. Yes they may have simular stats to other supercars that are much rarer, but where is the class? The amount of times i have seen a GTR is about twice. The amount of times i have seen a 911 is beyond the 50s. Just my opinion on porshes.

Yes this may be a generic argument, but it is my opinion. Not saying Porshe is bad, just saying it might be lacking a bit of soul... you dont really see porshes that often as posters on children's walls? hehe.
Club: Tdu2 legends UK [PS3] (Club president) & Lunys Fair Freinds [PC]
Best car= pagani zonda.
PSN: B0xx0ut3 PC: Boxxout3

Return to “The Showroom”