Top 5 cars

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike

No votes

Total votes: 0
RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

Although I like the Zonda very much and imho it's even better than they Hua eh .. whatever its called, I'd rather choose a Rover 75 over the Zonda.

You have any idea what the gas mileage is on the zonda ?
Prepsi

It seems i'm alone in liking comfortable cars. Also, i paid a visit to my local Aston dealer today!
Boeing2707SST
New Starter
New Starter

I can't come to a top 5 as the choice is merely too vast. But for an everyday use, I'd go with the Buick Roadmaster.

Many people are surprised when I tell them I would like to have such a car as a first car (even if it ain't as a first car, I'd take it), hehe. Well, I like the fact that it's comfortable, reliable and not too expensive. Also, it has the LT1 V8, so it's still quite performant.
RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

Prepsi wrote:Re: Top 5 cars
by Prepsi » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:36 am

It seems i'm alone in liking comfortable cars. Also, i paid a visit to my local Aston dealer today!
At 4.36am ? :P

AM is cool, but I still think the DB7 is the most beautiful am in the world !
Prepsi

RamteamJax wrote:
Prepsi wrote:Re: Top 5 cars
by Prepsi » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:36 am

At 4.36am ? :P

AM is cool, but I still think the DB7 is the most beautiful am in the world !
Not in you're time zone hahah :loll:
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

Hard to pick 5 as my list keeps dynamically changing every couple of days. 1, 2, and 3 are basically tied.

1. Porsche 911 GT2 RS - One of the fastest cars around a track, and looks amazing.

2. Porsche 911 Turbo S - Will beat any production vehicle to 60mph.. except a Veyron. Enough said.

3. Porsche 918 Spyder - Technically still a concept, but set to hit production lines within the year. Pretty much the most beautiful car in the world (imo), one of the greenest (check its MPG), and still has great performance. Only reason it isn't 1st is the concept status, but still very close.

4. Maybach Landaulet - Who wouldn't want the most luxurious car ever made? And just because it is luxurious, doesn't mean it lacks in performance either.

5. Gumpert Apollo Speed - Pretty much the best handling car in the world, and fastest production vehicle around most tracks. It is also one of the fastest cars in terms of top speed. Many criticize the looks, but I think it is beautiful.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
Prepsi

eaustinn36 wrote:Hard to pick 5 as my list keeps dynamically changing every couple of days. 1, 2, and 3 are basically tied.

1. Porsche 911 GT2 RS - One of the fastest cars around a track, and looks amazing.

2. Porsche 911 Turbo S - Will beat any production vehicle to 60mph.. except a Veyron. Enough said.

3. Porsche 918 Spyder - Technically still a concept, but set to hit production lines within the year. Pretty much the most beautiful car in the world (imo), one of the greenest (check its MPG), and still has great performance. Only reason it isn't 1st is the concept status, but still very close.

4. Maybach Landaulet - Who wouldn't want the most luxurious car ever made? And just because it is luxurious, doesn't mean it lacks in performance either.

5. Gumpert Apollo Speed - Pretty much the best handling car in the world, and fastest production vehicle around most tracks. It is also one of the fastest cars in terms of top speed. Many criticize the looks, but I think it is beautiful.
For the turbo s....hello? Current Nissan GTR ties with it [0-60 in 2.9 seconds]. Oh and about the laundlet.....the who sums it up better than i do:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

Prepsi wrote: For the turbo s....hello? Current Nissan GTR ties with it [0-60 in 2.9 seconds].
Porsche is one of few companies that notoriously is very conservative on their performance figures. The (new model) 911 Turbo S has been clocked officially, on multiple occasions, with a 2.7 time. Other high end 911's also have listed top speeds in the 190's, but pretty much every high end one can easily break 200mph when tested.

Edit: Here is a GTR vs. the 911 S, but it is a year old:

Video Review:

TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

1-Marussia B2 [rare thing,russian sports car,IMO a russian Caterham because of it´s perfomance]
2-Jaguar XJ220 [pretty car,the fastest car when it was released]
3-Maserati MC12 [nice design,Maserati never makes me upstet]
4-Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR [nice design,fast,cool,remembers me of the time when NFS was good, NFS-III forever]
5-Hyundai Tuscani CCS [my family got one,pretty fast for a Korean,it's in GT5 too,top speed:302 km/h]
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Driiven
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

1. Ferrari 288 GTO - Once the fastest car in the world (first to achieve 300KM/H), proper twin-turbo V8, sleek lines.

2. Ferrari F50 - Controversial this one, but it just looks and sounds brilliant, and bears the badge of one of he best.

3. Ferrari 456 GT Venice - The last Ferrari with sexy pop-up lights, not to mention its an f'n brilliant wagon, with superb V12 power.

4. Ford RS200 Evolution - 2.1L turbocharged four cylinder engine with, wait for it, 500HP. Enough said.

5. Honda Prelude 4th Gen. - Probably because I own one, and the VTEC kicks in hardcore, yo.

GT: Gobes
The Ferrari Club

Return to “The Showroom”