Major forum update

Important site info
Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Looks more modernised. Like it over the previous style, but I do know it will take a while to get used to. Nice work though Bez :).
Club: Tdu2 legends UK [PS3] (Club president) & Lunys Fair Freinds [PC]
Best car= pagani zonda.
PSN: B0xx0ut3 PC: Boxxout3
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:Lol, the Blue* is completely unreadable on my TV screen :lol:

But the layout seems to be OK

*maybe change it for a lighter color. Works best with the dark background anyway
Yea still messing with the colours. :?
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Orange works well over here.

:woot:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Awww, the pink was actually ok. :(
MadManCK wrote:Orange works well over here.

That's because it's the colour it used to be before the update... :|

And I forgot to say it; nice work with the update Bez, you were so fast I didn't even get to visit this place while you were doin' it. :)
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

You did a lot of work in a short time 8-)
-
But to me this new forum is too grey, also imo. the black menu's are a bit rough/looks out of place. Also imo. this new theme is way to boxy, the old theme's rounded corners looked imo. much better than these square ones.

Also really going to miss the left side submenu options, namely the shortcut to "active topics", life just got alot harder, by having to go into the forum menu to get at the "active topics" short cut.

My honest opinion is, that i feel this theme is a big downgrade from the old theme, may be because the old theme where so good. But i feel that it is not as easy to navigate etc., so in short i'm no fan this new theme, though i appreciate the work you have put into it, but as it is now the homy feel has gone away, but with the right amount of adjustments i 'may' grow to accept it.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I still need to work on the colours as some do not match and others are to dark.
Tsukishima wrote:Awww, the pink was actually ok. :(

And I forgot to say it; nice work with the update Bez, you were so fast I didn't even get to visit this place while you were doin' it. :)
Thanks, yes everything went better than expected with the update but I did have a lot done offline before I started and this helped a lot. :geek:
Bear304 wrote:You did a lot of work in a short time 8-)
-
But to me this new forum is too grey, also imo. the black menu's are a bit rough/looks out of place. Also imo. this new theme is way to boxy, the old theme's rounded corners looked imo. much better than these square ones.

Also really going to miss the left side submenu options, namely the shortcut to "active topics", life just got alot harder, by having to go into the forum menu to get at the "active topics" short cut.

My honest opinion is, that i feel this theme is a big downgrade from the old theme, may be because the old theme where so good. But i feel that it is not as easy to navigate etc., so in short i'm no fan this new theme, though i appreciate the work you have put into it, but as it is now the homy feel has gone away, but with the right amount of adjustments i 'may' grow to accept it.

I actually agree with some of the points you make. :o
But this modern square look is the way forums are going now and I do think it is a more sleek and dynamic style that should work on almost all mobile devices and tablets and any screen size.

If I decide to keep this style then I think over time we will get used to the different way the links work and as for the colour scheme I am still working on it. :geek: (I might even give the option of using a light version of this theme, but that can bring up other problems so lets get this one sorted first. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Arh okay I see, hmm it think it would be a whole lot better if the new style had more shortcuts to make operation easier ;)
-
Right now I'm using the mobile version, and it does need some tweaking, like when writing, then there is a light grey box covering the the word you are about to write making it really impossible to read and tthat makes it very unfriendly to use, would be better if it were gone or blue maybe.

Also if possible could you change the placement of the textbox and the smiles on the mobile version? Doesn't really make sense having the textbox so far down.

Text is more important than smiles ;)

And mobile version only has one expandable menu, is it possible make more stand alone menu along side it?

And more shortcuts to the active topics, it's where the action on the forum is, it shouldn't be a 3 step progress :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There is a drop down menu called forum with links at the top. And i have direct links in my browser to the active topics menu.
The new layout leaves more room for the posts. I think it is better that way. It is better to read and fits the W8+ style better.
Everything works a lot faster now and is better optimized.

It is just a thing or two to get used to. ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote: Right now I'm using the mobile version, and it does need some tweaking, like when writing, then there is a light grey box covering the the word you are about to write making it really impossible to read and tthat makes it very unfriendly to use, would be better if it were gone or blue maybe.
This is a feature of the phone, it dose the same when sending text messages it highlights the word till you have finished typing and press space then the word is un-highlighted (this dose not happen on my tablet). :o
I realise it is not ideal but at the moment I don't have a solution. :|
Bear304 wrote: Also if possible could you change the placement of the textbox and the smiles on the mobile version? Doesn't really make sense having the textbox so far down.

Text is more important than smiles ;)
This is not possible without a total re-wright of the code. :ugeek:
Bear304 wrote: And mobile version only has one expandable menu, is it possible make more stand alone menu along side it?
And more shortcuts to the active topics, it's where the action on the forum is, it shouldn't be a 3 step progress :lol:
This would defeat the whole object of a mobile theme, the idea of a mobile theme is to keep everything to a minimum so it will fi on the smaller scree.
MadManCK wrote:There is a drop down menu called forum with links at the top. And i have direct links in my browser to the active topics menu.
The new layout leaves more room for the posts. I think it is better that way. It is better to read and fits the W8+ style better.
Everything works a lot faster now and is better optimized.

It is just a thing or two to get used too. ;)
Like Madman say's I just think it is just a bit strange at the moment till we get used to it (but don't forget I am still tinkering with the style so some of this may improve)

I doo welcome posts like these as without them problems cannot get sorted, I have been working on this theme for sometime now but until it went live I have had no one to give feedback on it so I rely on you the members to test it out and report your findings here. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Looks ok. I only drop in to read or post and not much else to use on the site for me. So far, so good.

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”