Enhanced graphics in The Crew for PC

No votes

Total votes: 0
Joocyfroot
New Starter
New Starter

Bear304 wrote:
That's very interesting .. I could only detect a small difference for the worse, MSAA x8 looks the best imo. TXAA blurs the image more somewhat more, i guess i'll stay Red until Nvidia comes to they senses and lower their premium prices :P

Thanks for showing me this, i think my HD 7950 get to live another year ;) If it doesn't breakdown before then due my OC :lol:

Lolz thought it only had 2 gb ram, never thought i could have been a name :mrgreen:
I dunno do what you want in regards to upgrades or whatever, but personally I wouldn't be buying anything now, 20nm from both vendors will probably be coming 2015/2016. Depends on how much money you got I guess. If you want something really high end Nvidia 9XX are still top dog atm by quite a margin despite all this TXAA talk.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Joocyfroot wrote:I dunno do what you want in regards to upgrades or whatever, but personally I wouldn't be buying anything now, 20nm from both vendors will probably be coming 2015/2016.

Depends on how much money you got I guess. If you want something really high end Nvidia 9XX are still top dog atm by quite a margin despite all this TXAA talk.
I hope that i don't have to, but if The Crew, a game i like alot can't smoothly enough, then i'll have no choice but to upgrade it, but hopefully that won't be the case. :pray:

Because i could think many things i'd rather speed money on than a graphic card - namely my expensive hobby of mounting biking :mrgreen:

Besides already blown my upgrade budget for this year by upgrade my 4 year old AMD Phenom II X4 setup to an Intel I5 4670K setup with 16 gb ram - which wasn't cheap (some 500 euros) .. So i guess it wouldn't hurt to wait and see what comes out next year, even-though i still want one of those card badly ;)
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

It's sad because Forza Horizon 2 and Driveclub, both console exclusive games, take a massive dump on TC in visuals lol. Don't get me wrong, I'll be playing The Crew nonstop for days on end when it comes out, but it's by no means a pretty game.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The GTX970 is a no-brainer now when you want to upgrade. Or wait one year until the new 20nm production procedure is stable enough.
There are more advantages with the GTX970, like the pre-rendered UHD frames and the massive 4Gig on board memory.

But when it comes to anti-aliasing, there are a lot of techniques that can show great results. I honestly can not see too much difference between 8x csaa and 16x csaa for example. Maybe only for screenshots. So 32x csaa is overkill IMO. FXAA is another often used technique. Both take some FPS hits, but with most powerful GFX cards you won't notice too much difference, unless you run everything on ultra in a game that can just do 60 fps.

The Crew will have optimized settings for 30fps and 60 fps. This has also to do with sync issues. Game World runs on the servers at Ivory.

The cool part of them making it playable on older rigs, is that other options, like mirrors, can make it to the game in the near future. At least on the more powerful rigs. But i guess they will want to make that applicable for all versions, as parity seems to be a magic word for new releases.

:geek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
danc3incloud
New Starter
New Starter

I honestly can not see too much difference between 8x csaa and 16x csaa for example
2k downsampling FTW :2thumbsup:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

danc3incloud wrote:
I honestly can not see too much difference between 8x csaa and 16x csaa for example
2k downsampling FTW :2thumbsup:
That's an impressive result 8-)
cyp2x4
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

so they show only 2 features... yes.... i call them features not enhancements(more on that later).... its funny that they didn't talk about SSAO which is the same as HBAO... HBAO+ is improved version of HBAO which is less taxing than HBAO and SSAO..... SSAO works on ati cards and looks the same....... then you have the HDAO which is ati feature and many games support it.... HBAO+ works on ati cards as well just not as efficient.... since its based on CUDA and not Direct Compute.... as for TXAA well here's a small list...

MLAA : Post processing AA
FXAA : Post processing AA, faster than MLAA, simillar quality
TAA : temporal - time axis AA (others are all space axis)

SMAA 1x : improved MLAA, better quality, faster speed, slightly slower than FXAA
SMAA S2x : SMAA 1x + MSAA 2x
SMAA T2x : SMAA 1x + TAA 2x
SMAA 4x : SMAA 1x + MSAA 2x + TAA 2x

TXAA 2x : Blurring Filter + MSAA 2x + TAA 2x
TXAA 4x : Blurring Filter + MSAA 4x + TAA 2x

SMAA 1x : slightly blurring
SMAA 4x : slightly blurring, solves subpixel problem
FXAA : blurring
TXAA : heavy blurring, solves subpixel problem

as you can see even not looking at this list the TXAA in the video looks blurry.... as danc3incloud said downsample is the better option... i used gedosato on borderlands pre sequel going at 4k and still got solid 60 fps... at 8k... well the framerates were low but i was pulling nearly 30 lol :woot: the image quality was much better than any AA solution and that's including anistropic filtering at 16x.... as for "enhancements" they are just normal options for a game they are features nothing more UBI is in bed with nvidia this is nothing new but that video is a PR talk nothing more... even if you have nvidia card not every one has 780 980 to use those features on HD/UHD resolutions... anyway just my :twocents-02cents: i would rather use SSAO with 4k downsample with AFx16 than use TXAA on 1080... BTW DSR(driver downscale) from nvidia works now on cards starting with Fermi that's probably from 5xx and up just get the newest driver from nvidia..... :)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, driver downscale seems like a very interesting option. I will check that out for sure. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

the latest set of drivers from Nvidia came with a new feature called Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR). it works like the downsampling that danc3incloud mentioned. I tested it in Star Citizen and it did a very good job of getting rid of jaggies in the hanger. the only problem is my video card could not handle it. I ran the DSR at 4x native resolution and it dropped my frame rate down into the single digits.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Discussions about the new 900 series cards, including the new features are in this thread

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DSR topic

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 414#p27414" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:back to topic:

Return to “The Crew Game”