AMD Radeon 300 Series

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm we got a release date now, 16-6-2015 and another pointless teaser video :P

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

This the core die of Radeon Fiji aka "Fury", it looks massive, and you can clearly see the 4 HBM modules, also there is alot of speak that the Fiji isn't the 390(x) but is in fact a stand alone card hits the Fury name, but we wont know for sure until June 16th.

But that core die is just so huge :o

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Indeed. The 390X is a rebranded 290X with 8 gig of Vram and higher clocks, according to those who were at the press conference at AMD. That card will probably be as fast as a GTX980 non Ti.

Only the HBM powered card will be a real new player. Still looking forward to that one.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Indeed. The 390X is a rebranded 290X with 8 gig of Vram and higher clocks, according to those who were at the press conference at AMD. That card will probably be as fast as a GTX980 non Ti.

Only the HBM powered card will be a real new player. Still looking forward to that one.
Great job AMD! :clap:
I'm sure the new card will dominate but it's not looking good for AMD. Outdated CPU's and now outdated GPU's. You have to remember that the 380x and the 370x will be rebranded 280x's and 270x's, which in turn are rebranded 7970's and 7870's! LOL
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

Prepsi wrote:
MadManCK wrote:Indeed. The 390X is a rebranded 290X with 8 gig of Vram and higher clocks, according to those who were at the press conference at AMD. That card will probably be as fast as a GTX980 non Ti.

Great job AMD! :clap:
I'm sure the new card will dominate but it's not looking good for AMD. Outdated CPU's and now outdated GPU's. You have to remember that the 380x and the 370x will be rebranded 280x's and 270x's, which in turn are rebranded 7970's and 7870's! LOL
Forget to mention the power consumption will probably be quite bad ( usual of AMD )
nathan is a mexican!!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

snake250 wrote:Forget to mention the power consumption will probably be quite bad ( usual of AMD )
I mentioned the 300W max TDP in another post. Previous page ;)

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... =10#p35773

It seems that the 390X with 8Gb will be set at 499$. That is aggressive. They will sell some cards for that price for sure, as it is rumored to be faster than a GTX980 (550$) but slower than a 980Ti (650$)
Lots of gunpower for 500$ can gain them some ground on Nvidia.

We know more in two weeks time. Also if the new HBM Fury will be a Titan contender. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

XFX has shortly placed the R9 390X on their site.
It will be bundled with Dirt Rally. Logical as AMD has worked together with Codies, but at the same time not a very acessible game. It is not a Arcade Rally game like Dirt3. No gymkhana either.

1070Mhz, 8 gig of Vram, so it will be a fast card. Even if it is a possible rebrand or next stepping of the 290X.

http://videocardz.com/56145/xfx-radeon-r9-390x-pictured

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:XFX has shortly placed the R9 390X on their site.
It will be bundled with Dirt Rally. Logical as AMD has worked together with Codies, but at the same time not a very acessible game. It is not a Arcade Rally game like Dirt3. No gymkhana either.

1070Mhz, 8 gig of Vram, so it will be a fast card. Even if it is a possible rebrand or next stepping of the 290X.

http://videocardz.com/56145/xfx-radeon-r9-390x-pictured

I know the general consensus around here is that AMD is the good company wheras Nvidia are the greedy scammers, but you have to wonder if AMD is going to use the rebrands as an excuse to take the 200 series off the market and charge the same price as the 200 series when they were new, huh?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

A "normal" price for a new "top" GFX has always been around 350 and up to 500 with fancy after-market coolers and waterblocks. Nvidia tries to set new price-tag benchmarks with every new card release. There are TitanX versions with pre-fitted waterblocks available at around 1400$. I call that greedy yes.
They made a slight change in that policy with the 980ti release. 650$ in the US is 100 dollars less than anticipated.

But they are greedy and can be without some competition. One of the reasons why i hope ATI will succeed.
The 500$ of the 390X with 8Gb is very competitive. Still expensive, but a much better deal. Positioned against the GTX980 (non ti)
If they want Fury to be succesful, it has to be priced around the 980Ti mark. And not the predicted 850$.

More about the upcoming new AMD cards, with benchmarks. All these benches have to be confirmed. Next week we will know for sure if ATI can bring a new heavyweight to the ring.
But in this comparison Fiji (Fury) brings the fight to the TitanX, despite the "only" 4Gb HBM.

http://videocardz.com/56225/amd-radeon- ... erformance

:party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That a promising card, i think if they do as they do and under cut Nvidia than alot of gamers are going to Nvidia with pitchforks and torches demanding overnight price drops :twisted:

So i'm all for Radeon kicking Nvidia in the balls :teasing-nutkick:

But time will tell if this really is the same monster as in the hype about.

Return to “PC”