The Crew, The Patch

No votes

Total votes: 0
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Seeing friends seems to be working. Started playing, Saw MadMan in the launcher and in game. He quit and was no longer on the map. Looked like he was testing the Saleen on a circuit mission. Car is wild in perf spec, have to fight it all the time.

This brings up a question about the handling "fixes". Playing with a wheel is tough to keep this car on the road, almost like a circuit car. Lots of throttle manipulating, shifting, and wheel play to keep it out of the ditch. Anyone here play with a gamepad or maybe both. I would think it would be much harder to keep this or circuit cars stable with a gamepad. Have to assume many more play with gamepads vs wheel. The wheel users here have grumbled about the changes, wondered about gamepad users. Wondering if these nerfs that effect wheel users help gamepad users.
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

I play with the game pad if the cat is sleeping on my lap when im in my rig, to hard sitting in the rig and use wheel and peddles with her on my lap so use game pad in HC mod.

Since beta i have found grip is the biggest thing that has changed the steering is not to bad once you get used to it i don't use it a lot but it has gotten easier with recent patch.

I really like this game just hit 400 hours so i really hope Ivory tower read my letter and take some of the stuff i have written about seriously

:snakes:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I had to get used to the steering input again. FPS does have an influence on The Crew's total operations.

The handling patches do affect some cars more than others. And depending on spec that can be a good thing or not. I still think that Circuit spec should be glued to the road more at high speed as they are high downforce cars. Top speed should be less than perf. That would make more sense to me.

But i do like the adjustments made on raid. If it is due to a higher fps count or some handling adjustments i dont know, but they feel a bit more alive than before.

I played with a controller on HC before. I liked it, but it was hard to keep up with other players who used more assists.

The Crew is like a Chef, trying to create the perfect dish. And giving SC and TC to HC users is like pooring tomato ketchup in a good Marinara sauce. ;)

PS Funny how Fulysic does not disturb the Cat and even adapts by using a controller. Epic :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Unlike the patch notes state, the Stats are still not updating correctly. Skill stats are at 0, even if you just did a couple of them.

Most driver ID functions are working good now. But those stats are annoying.

Just did some drivehub cleaning. A lot less green lights flickering on the map :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Have not used a gamepad for years but thought a wheel and pedal setup would function better, more control.
MadManCK wrote:PS Funny how Fulysic does not disturb the Cat and even adapts by using a controller. Epic :lol:
Off Topic
Our cats, I refer to mine as prince of the house.

Fulysic, my cat likes this video on YouTube, birds on a wall eating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-bEtoNzGHY
mclaren6
Rookie
Rookie

Mixed thoughts.

The fact that stats aren't fixed 3 months in is nothing less than unacceptable

The attempt to balance HC with other driving modes failed rather miserably

Eliminator is FANTASTIC

Unfortunately PvP matchmaking is pants

Faction mission variety is still horrendous, nearly all races with only 8 events that aren't races

AI is still puke worthy

Awards actually work now, good job :lol:

You can no longer remove offline players from your crew for reasons unknown

Game will crash when entering an event from a tuner

Car mileage works at last

A LOT less lag across the board

Bunch of little irritating bugs fixed

CONCLUSION: Game is somewhat playable now. Emphasis on somewhat.
PSN: mclaren6 *Insert picture and/or witty comment here* Why do signatures exist again?
NascarVike
New Starter
New Starter

Regarding the hardcore mode nerfing, does it affect Full Stock as well or just the arcade specs?

Honestly, the experience ended up being stale enough with a wheel that I haven't even plugged it in since early december. Sadly, it's much more fun on the keyboard, probably because the on/off accelerate key makes cars seem more lively. If Full Stock has been dumbed down, I'm thinking of getting back to TDU for playing with the wheel and keeping The Crew for mindless keyboard fun... at least until the vintage Corvettes are released early March.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It does not affect the Full Stock cars as far as i can see. Only drove a couple this morning at a modest speed, enjoying the scenery.

I can adapt to everything they throw at me. But being in control more yourself is much more fun than the helping hand that is provided now sometimes. Too much TC and SC in HC turns it into Softcore. :mrgreen:

NascarVike
New Starter
New Starter

That's very encouraging. It might sound crazy but playing with the keyboard made me really appreciate the different handling models, not just between cars but between specs. I thought IT reps were pushing it when they counted each spec as a different car but I can totally see it now, as opposed to when I was driving with the wheel. I'll have to play around with the gas pedal linearity setting, see if that didn't mute the car's responsiveness.

Now I'm itching to get the wheel out of the closet again... drive The Crew's '13 Viper GTS and TDU's '98 VIper GTS. Then spend a good deal of time with TDU's C3 Corvette so I can get a good comparison when the Vintage pack finally comes out.

Oops, I forgot: I was rereading a bunch of Tixier's posts on the TDU-France forum, and he did mention a few months ago that he had to enable some ABS in hardcore mode, because due to the way they setup the brakes, some cars would have been undriveable without it. Obviously, that was long before launch so they might have changed their outlook.

Return to “The Crew Game”