No votes

Total votes: 0
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The Crew, The Patch

Discussion topic about the latest patch, fixes and non fixes and expectations for future patches.

Some good improvements:

- Friends on a mission countdown is fixed
- You can enter a Faction mission by driving there and not just from the map
- Some balancing
- New modes and missions

Some patch plastical surgery gone wrong:

- HC mode feels less HC than before
- Wallriding not fixed enough
- Cars being nerfed based on users feedback who cant drive and refuse to learn.
- Cheater scores not removed.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

- Trophies are still not fixed for PS4. One in particular, if you had the stat glitch for all landmarks the trophy still hasn't popped. (a friend has this issue).

- Want to sent friends on a faction mission when they are not on the crew? Well now you can't because when they are offline they are all level 0. This means they give a 0% chance of winning the mission.

Was hoping this patch fixed the game. There were a lot of changes, but unfortunately it still wasn't enough to make me play it again.
Club: Tdu2 legends UK [PS3] (Club president) & Lunys Fair Freinds [PC]
Best car= pagani zonda.
PSN: B0xx0ut3 PC: Boxxout3
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Here a copy of the patch notes
MadManCK wrote:A modified copy from the Ubi Site.

The Crew Patch Notes

02/05/2015 12:00

Our team has been working on several changes and updates to tune and fix major gameplay elements. We’d like to give you a look at the main changes that will be applied to The Crew in our next major patch, coming February 12.

New Content

New PvP mode
  • The new PvP mode is an elimination race with 10 new tracks available.
New faction missions
  • Four new faction missions will be released with the patch on Thursday, February 12.

Fixes and Updates

• The quick co-op feature has been improved, and several bugs related to joining sessions have been fixed.
PvP lobby improvements
  • Enabled browsing of players after selecting cars.
PvP session improvements
  • Matchmaking should now allow players to find more players quicker.

Statistics
  • Fixed the issue that was causing statistics to display incorrect data and/or simply reset the data.
  • Previous data will not be restored, but new statistics should not be lost anymore.

Awards
  • Fixed an issue related to unlocking and tracking the progress of certain awards.

Challenges
  • Fixed an issue related to progression on challenges.

Frame rate
  • Improved frame rate in cockpit view.

UI
  • Fixed an issue when applying certain parts.

Friends
  • Fixed an issue related to a friend’s presence in game – their status will be set to offline when they quit the game.

Cars

Improvements and tweaking of several cars’ handling and speed.
  • Buggy’s grip has been improved in order for it to be able to climb hills as other Raid cars.
Fixed a bug where some cars were able to reach an extreme off-road top speed in reverse gear for:
  • Bentley Continental GT
  • Cadillac Escalade
  • Abarth 500
  • Alfa Romeo 4C
  • Hummer H1 Alpha

MINI Cooper S in Circuit Spec:
    • Toned down the nitro and grip for MINI Cooper S.
    Lamborghini Murcielago in Circuit Spec:
    • Grip slightly improved when using nitro.

Missions
    • AI behavior in some missions improved.
    • AI and police car behavior in chase missions improved:
      Opponent cars are now less aggressive, and they try more to follow players instead of taking them down.

Gameplay
    • Modifications applied to the friction on side barriers in order to avoid wall-riding exploit.
Lots of fixes in the list.

I think everybody has different expectations to begin with. These are a lot of fixes. Unfortunately not always the ones most have anticipated and in some cases unwanted or unneeded modifications.

I had never real issues with escaping Police for example, nobody i know had. But they "fixed" it anyway.
Makes you wonder what the target audience really is. At least they do not drive with 100mph around a 90 degree corner without losing speed anymore.

But i don't want the unfunded negative vibe from the UbiForum over here. It is clear some work is done on The Crew.
Some things need to be fixed pronto. Hot fixes and obvious patch mistakes should always be corrected and not left for the next round, like the Faction Mission counter last month.

The new cars, missions and game modes are cool and there are more positive things from this patch.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There are a lot more things fixed.

The drivehub now displays all skill challenges that have been beaten by friends around the map. Way too many, lol :lol:

And the stats seem to update as supposed.

Unfortunately i experienced my first freeze after the patch. Happened when i accessed the map.

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:
Friends
  • Fixed an issue related to a friend’s presence in game – their status will be set to offline when they quit the game.
Noted in another thread about this and maybe it will take time to adjust. States "after they quit the game" so maybe they need to play first then quit. Have to see who I see on map when I notice they are playing and if their map icon is still there after they quit.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Fixed a bug where some cars were able to reach an extreme off-road top speed in reverse gear for:
  • Bentley Continental GT
  • Cadillac Escalade
  • Abarth 500
  • Alfa Romeo 4C
  • Hummer H1 Alpha.
heh?
is the a Caddy Escalade in the game???
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Whoamus wrote: Noted in another thread about this and maybe it will take time to adjust. States "after they quit the game" so maybe they need to play first then quit. Have to see who I see on map when I notice they are playing and if their map icon is still there after they quit.
The friends popup at the start has already significantly become shorter. So maybe yes, they first have to play and quit the game for the patch to become effective.

@Luny, yes the Escalade will make an appearance later. Mentioning it in these patch notes was a little slip or just a teaser. ;)

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Just started the game and checked. All of you who I know played do not show on map anymore. So that is how it works. I guess if after a week or two only those who have quit for good would show.
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why can't they reset everyones status to offline after restarting the server? It's so obvious... but apparently too hard for IT?
So people who will never play the game anymore will keep showing up...

I'm getting TDU2 patch deja vu's with all these fixes for non-problems and no fixes for real problems. And that's not a joke but a sad truth :(
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

blehz wrote:Why can't they reset everyones status to offline after restarting the server? It's so obvious... but apparently too hard for IT?
So people who will never play the game anymore will keep showing up...

I'm getting TDU2 patch deja vu's with all these fixes for non-problems and no fixes for real problems. And that's not a joke but a sad truth :(
Probably could not be done. Assume friends on your list are yours and not a global issue. Have to go through each players file to remove.

If after a few weeks I still see the same friends in the same spot, I will just un...friend since most likely they will not be playing. In many cases friends were added on the fly for sending on missions or for achievements. Only have about 15 left showing now out of over 50.

Return to “The Crew Game”