Paint's Faded, Hasn't It

No votes

Total votes: 0
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I need my race fix now and then, but I don't play long sessions anymore.
I think we all want the same from this game. It just isn't the so-called MMO they tell us it is. An MMO stays interesting, this doesn't, especially with the lack of actually making people do things together.

And some may curse the 'social' things in TDU2, but it actually made the game live.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

blehz wrote:
And some may curse the 'social' things in TDU2, but it actually made the game live.
Yea, for all it's faults it did have some good social aspects like the clubs and designing races for you and your mates to compete against each other. :D
These are the things that are missing from this game. :(
Image Image
Alvin
Rookie
Rookie

I just open it. Drive my skyline for less than 5 mins and close it. Been like prolly a month since i launched it.

ALSO. +1 To MadMans suggestion.
If only you were able to draw,customize,edit your decals. :( Importing stickers is a must.
Ivory Tower please take some of our sugestions.
Even people with DLC cars get bored.
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:Yea, for all it's faults it did have some good social aspects like the clubs and designing races for you and your mates to compete against each other. :D
These are the things that are missing from this game. :(
Just being able to walk around and make a more face-to-face connection people with the avatar system in TDU2 was great for making new friends! And being able to set up car shows in multiplayer lobbies, having cooperative game modes rather than just competitive modes (i.e. Follow the Leader and Keep Your Distance), and having a proper sticker editor made it a proper social experience where everyone was truly an individual! Now in this game, everyone is too uniform, and I would never have a reason to engage with anyone new. :cry:
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Arsinoe
Rookie
Rookie

Must be something in the air...

I still enjoy the game but also have become somewhat bored. I started up a new game of Skyrim last Sunday and played it instead. I enjoyed just cruising in TDU2 but for some reason, simply driving in the Crew isn't enough. It might because of that bearded guy who keeps sitting in my car, or maybe it's because there is nothing to buy but automobiles. I kind of like buying clothes in TDU. It would be nice to be in a club again too rather than these disposable crews.
Favorite car: Whichever one I'm currently driving? * YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FollyOfArsinoe
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, The Crew needs more Love than a few Valentine stickers ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Arsinoe
Rookie
Rookie

One thing I have noticed--very few people use the free ride chat option. In TDU2, you would see various conversations. Even when the text was annoying, it gave you a sense that someone else was playing. If you're driving alone in The Crew, it is mostly empty of any conversation at all.

Plus, I noticed that when I do see other players in their cars, they all look EXACTLY THE SAME!
Favorite car: Whichever one I'm currently driving? * YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FollyOfArsinoe
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Will play when the next pack is released, Spyker looks nice. May wax the paint a little. Have any bugs been worked on? Mileage show yet? Stats working yet? Have not played for a few weeks but this stuff still wasn't working then.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just drove around for an hour or so. Switched to manual stick and clutch, grabbed the Alfa 4C, drove it to the Perf tuner and tuned it to L1299 and had a blast driving with it. Almost equaled a slalom skill with it. Nice little ride. But Alone.
And that is where The Crew falls a bit short. There were other drivers around me. Some tried to ram or just follow. Maybe they were just bored. When you drive around at a modest pace you admire the amount of work and detail that went into modeling this game.
But it for sure lacks the social factor they advertise. You feel connected to the game world but disconnected to other players. It even reminded me of the Ai drivers of TDU2. But nobody accepted the instant challenge when i flashed my lights...

Maybe instant challenges are a nice one too to add to the game.
And i always liked follow the leader as well. TDU2 had a lot of quirky features that made the game more social than The Crew.
Arsinoe wrote:One thing I have noticed--very few people use the free ride chat option
This is one of the flaws that can simply be fixed by activating F7 by default. Most don't use it and the Voice Chat is not something for me.
I like the option to isolate your crew in the chat options, but it should be "on" for everybody by default.
Text chat was added on community request, but maybe they complicated it too much.

What is badly needed is 8 player crews for cruising and session management.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Yes I feel the same, it's like you are driving around in a bubble :| you know other players are around but you feel disconnected from them. :(

In TDU you always felt other players where around you even if you couldn't see then, until this game gets some extra features like 8 player sessions and the ability to design challenges for your friends (one of the biggest things that make you want to get back into the game in my opinion) it will struggle.

At the moment this is fantastic cruising game (could be an epic cruising game with 8 players) but not much else. :(
Image Image

Return to “The Crew Game”