Decided to upgrade

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote: Its not as bad as it sounds though as I also backed up all of my game saves onto an external drive
This is so important when you install a new OS on any PC. :geek:

I downloaded all my Steam games and copied them on an external drive. That way i can copy them on any PC and simply run an update on all games. It took me over 2 weeks to download all games. But it saves a tremendous amount of time downloading and installing on different PC's.

Good you got it working now. :rightthumbup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I'm on downloading The Crew now other games will follow later.
still need to update a few things and sort out the Corsair Link software but gaming comes first. :2thumbsup:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Eventually got the PC all set up, the CPU idles at around 28 to 30 degrees so the Corsair water cooler is working well (and that is on one of the quiet modes) :D
CIMG0973.JPG
CPU Temp on motherboard :occasion-snowman:

Also took some photos but the glare off all the lights are making it a little blurred. :banana-rainbow:
CIMG0966.JPG
CIMG0965.JPG
CIMG0974.JPG
Just need to get a few more things installed and I'm good to go. :2thumbsup:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That looks really good installed, but the tubes are really stiff, it's going to be tough for me to mount my H100i GTX in push/pull, but i think it is possible ;)

Is the Corsair-Link software good / easy to used ?

Now we just need some benchmarks :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Great layout of that case as well. Plenty of room in the top to mount both radiator and fans without hitting the MB.
In my Cosmos, that is big enough to house a few refugees, i always have to choose between fans or radiator, because otherwise they will hit the mobo.

Nice clean build btw. If it performs as good as it looks, you will be settled for a while :2thumbsup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:That looks really good installed, but the tubes are really stiff, it's going to be tough for me to mount my H100i GTX in push/pull, but i think it is possible ;)

Is the Corsair-Link software good / easy to used ?

Now we just need some benchmarks :mrgreen:
Yea the tubes are a bit stiff but it seems like a good solid bit of kit so I thing they will take a little bending and still be ok.
Corsair-Link software is very nice and also easy to use although sometimes a bit temperamental as you can set the LED lights to red then the next time you boot up it will reset to default white. :?
I'm still experimenting with it so cant give a full review yet.
Will do some benchmarks later. :party:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:Great layout of that case as well. Plenty of room in the top to mount both radiator and fans without hitting the MB.
In my Cosmos, that is big enough to house a few refugees, i always have to choose between fans or radiator, because otherwise they will hit the mobo.

Nice clean build btw. If it performs as good as it looks, you will be settled for a while :2thumbsup:
Must of posted same time as me :lol:
Yes the case has a lot of room :D I like the Haf X case it also has good cable management around the back.
I don't think I will over clock it as yet as I don't need to but I bought it for its overclocking capability's to give it a longer life span. :ugeek:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

LOL doesn't the I7 4790K run a 4.0 base clock and a 4.4 ghz turbo clock, hardly any reason to overclock it, just leave it be and save some money on the power bill ;)

Have you seen the load temp of it yet ?
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:LOL doesn't the I7 4790K run a 4.0 base clock and a 4.4 ghz turbo clock, hardly any reason to overclock it, just leave it be and save some money on the power bill ;)

Have you seen the load temp of it yet ?
Yea like I say the overclocking is only a fall back to keep it in the running for a wile, as to the load temp haven't tried it yet :mrgreen: but will over the next day or so.
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I installed an extra 1TB hard drive yesterday and ever since then I have been having problems with the system booting. :(
Every time I turn it on it will say "BOOTMGR is missing" and I have to manually restart and go into the bios and tell the system what disk to boot from. :? it then boots ok and all is well. (till the next time I boot up :angry-screaming: )
The bios is updated to the latest version (1.9) and I always save after I make the changes in the bios and this never happened before I installed the new hard disk but now even happens if I remove the new disk. :? :?
the operating system is installed with the UEFI system in the bios and I am beginning to think this is the problem. :think:
I might have to re-install windows. :angry-banghead:
Image Image

Return to “PC”