General disappointment with The Crew!

No votes

Total votes: 0
davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

I bought the Crew in about November last year, I was involved with the beta but only got to play it a couple of times and was disappointed with the lack of mirrors but thought I could live with that and now that I have had longer to play the game it actually bothers me that there are no working mirrors on the cars and to be honest the game just looks dull and lifeless and there is something about it that I can't explain that doesn't inspire and encourage me to play it so in general I am disappointed! :roll:
SORRY! - Signature currently unavailable - Please try again later!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

All we know about the rear view mirrors, is that they are still been worked on.

But they can just release them for the PC version and forget the platform parity. Just like Codies did with GridAS. With mirrors it is so much better. Especially in races. But also because cockpit view without them just looks stupid. Same for working huds and other cockpit stuff. But i would like mirrors also for hood view and bumper cam. It simple belongs in any modern driving game.

The Crew has somehow not the appeal TDU had. Some comments about that are in the "Paint has faded" thread.

The three mayor flaws of The Crew:
  • Indirect and unresponsive controls makes the driving less pleasant than it can be and is also the source of many "handling sux" comments.
  • You feel unconnected to other players. @Always Drive Alone
  • Not enough individualization options
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Have to agree. I played today after not playing for a few weeks. Stats may or may not work now but for all the time I put in, game shows I played only a few hours and most of the others seem incorrect. Odometer has mileage and may be working but I know I put a lot more miles on the cars then what it states. Drove around in the Spyker for a bit, underwhelming. Two Corvettes in the vintage pack vs three different cars is odd.

So, I took a spin and then took my wheel down and flightstick is back.I guess I may cruise in the game at some point but my cruising is now played out in space which i find more interesting even though it is a lot emptier then The Crew. Simple things like stats should have never been a problem. Mirrors were on the wishlist and we all knew that but still would be nice to have. The fact that the basic things in the game do not work correctly leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Disappointed that I bought the season pass now but live and learn. I have a feeling that there will be very few meaningful releases for the remainder of the season pass, time will tell.

So I will keep popping in here to see what, if anything, is addressed in the game. Maybe play in another few weeks. Maybe something will change for the better but certainly not putting money on it.
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

All the many reasons posted already made me not buying the Season Pass yet. I'd love to drive the Stingray, but not in a game in this state.

@Always Drive Alone is well said. This is not only when driving, but in the whole setup of the game itself. The only time you feel a 'little' connected is when playing PvP. But PvP always leaves me with a sour taste.
Mainly due to lag in controls because others are lagging. How does that actually work? Bad design?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Off Topic
Everybody is connected to the servers at Ivory Tower, but the connections between players are P2P. So with bad connections of some players, a whole racelobby or Crew can become a hassle with warping cars. But it has been improved a lot since The Crew went live. And just remember how TDU2 was released. Most online functions did not even work at the start.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “The Crew Game”