GeForce GTX 980 Ti

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes i think you're right about the lower TDP, but we won't know until the real benchmarks and specs gets out ;)

It is a indeed a GTX 780 Ti successor, also in the price department :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Price still rumored to be 699$ at release.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Haha lol those whole bought a Titan X will be pretty pissed at the benchmark scores, but lol won't upgrade my GTX 970 anytime soon :P

Btw my GTX 970 with the daily OC i run on it scores the same as a baseclock GTX 980 which is pretty damn good, so if i run my run like that and avoid using over 3,5 GB vram then it is the best 'value' high-end GPU on the marked :mrgreen:

But i'll wait for the GTX 980 Ti benchmarks from more credible sites or reviews of it, before i completely believe it to be that close to the Titan X.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

TitanX will still have some benefits for triple screen users or 4K gamers. And those who have bought that card for 1200$ simply want the best and do not care. Because for that money you can buy a complete Game PC and a good one too.
Having said that, the 980Ti is very close in performance, but so is an overclocked 980.

The 980Ti has the same chip as the TitanX and is basically a simplified version of that card for high end gamers. If i did not have my 2x780Ti i would surely buy the 980Ti now. It will offer similar performance for half the watts. And 6gig of Vram is plenty. There are no games using that now.

:mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Heh yea true ;)

Lol haven't you heard of LOTR Shadows of Mordor :lol: But yes no sane game title uses more that 4'ish GB vram.

Mad those 780 Ti's sell for a pretty good amount, though anyone considering getting one have gotten a GTX 970 by now. :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

17.000 points in 3DMark's Firestrike perf. is really good, quite abit higher than the GTX 980 did, lets hope the price won't be as sky high :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They say 699-749$. Same level as the 780Ti was at the time of release.

The Firestrike score of 14000 makes it almost as powerful as my 2x780ti together. Same performance for half the watts. But i won't upgrade now. Skylake might be a good moment and also next year, as i can play everything at full right now.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Owh .. i can't to see the mega clash of the 390(x) and this when they hit the marked :D
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

More and more pictures are all over the internet now, showing the upcoming GTX980Ti and special versions of it.

The bad news is that Ngreedia has bumped the expected 699$ retail price up to 799$ for the base versions. This means that you will probably have to pay 850$ to get one with a special cooler and higher clock rates. And that comes very close to the greedy 999$ retail price of the TitanX. So not only the performance is close to the Titan :roll:

Anyway, this is the card to have for the hardcore gamers. Let's see if team red has a Cassius Clay shuffle surprise up their sleeves.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/more-g ... hotos.html

http://videocardz.com/55670/nvidia-gefo ... ti-roundup

There are OC versions that come with a base clock of over 1250 out of the box. That is a massive 25% OC compared to the 1000 base clock of the Nvidia reference boards. :shock:

I especially like that Zotac cooler, that also appeared on the TitanX earlier. And EVGA comes with a version with EKWB. 8-)

Return to “PC”