Fulysic's PC build

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:
Prepsi wrote:I'm on a 2008 era CPU, 8gb of ram and a GTX 760 :(
Everything Core i7 or even the Q6600 (OC) and Q9550 combined with a good graphics card can run most modern games without much effort. I have been thinking about the same CPU as Fulysic, but only use for the hexa-core for me is a little faster video rendering, so i will wait for the Skylake. Besides, like i just mentioned, the Core i7 2700K i run now is more than adequate for all my purposes.

The extra Vram will only become useful when "tiled resources" and large textures within DX12 become common in games. In addition to that, all the game devs will have to make games that run on 2G Vram GFX cards, as that is what most still have in their system. I can run everything at max on 2x780Ti with "just" 3G Vram. So the 6G of the 980Ti is more than enough. And the price difference with the Titan X is huge and completely not justifiable. The EVGA GTX980Ti come standard overclocked and have a very good cooler on it as well.

I think the system Fulysic has mentioned is optimized for price/performance very well. It will rock everything. :music-rockout:

PS I used to work 80H a week. That is where most of the money comes from. Put in the effort and be rewarded. :woot:
Could not running out of vram be that [no offense] you don't, to my knowledge atleast, own many triple a titles besdies crew and pcars? Far Cry 4 uses up about 4gb of Vram with everything on with 4xAA at 1080p alone. Also I've been trying to find a job but all the places I've applied haven't returned my calls :(
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Prepsi wrote:Could not running out of vram be that [no offense] you don't, to my knowledge atleast, own many triple a titles besdies crew and pcars? Far Cry 4 uses up about 4gb of Vram with everything on with 4xAA at 1080p alone. Also I've been trying to find a job but all the places I've applied haven't returned my calls :(
Only game i know of that uses 6gig, is Shadow of Mordor. My über-modded Skyrim uses about 2-3 gig from the 4 gig available on my GTX970CU Mini in the HTPC.
I do have a lot of triple A games, but not all the recent ones. And i play only racing games on this rig. ;)

OT: The job thing is indeed an issue. With many large corps more firing than hiring the unemployment rates have gone up a lot. Maybe even more in the US than over here. You can try to start your own business. Sometimes simple things can make you a lot of money. A friend of mine started to sell ice cubes to café's and restaurants. He now makes about 10K a month with selling frozen water :shock:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

yeah it's a big build probably will be my last for quite a while im hoping to just build on it in the future like adding water cooling maybe if intel don't change socklet for a while would be nice.

I have been saving all year for my dream PC each week money goes into an account called Fulysic PC fund, most of the hold up is how long it takes for PC parts to be released here in Australia after reading and watching lots of videos those were best cards for my triple monitor setup.

I like skylake but Australia probably won't see that until 2020 :loll:

two 6GB cards will be plenty for my setup and 12 GB card is over kill and results are not really fantastic on 12 GB cards

Just to give you all ball park figure the cost is around $6000 to $7000 AUD

Also to be honest Im scared about build day :techie-hiding:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Fulysic wrote:Also to be honest Im scared about build day :techie-hiding:
The expensive parts doesn't really change from the normal midrange gear, but as a precaution you should invest in a anti-static whistband, as it suck to have any part in that price range die of electric shock - But you could also touch a big lump of metal like a room radiator (or the PSU casing) as that will ground you, and lastly avoid working on a carpet.

But other than that if you have doubts about it, then watch some how-to videos on Youtube to get up to speed, but it is dead simple to do, the but set a good 2-3 hours of to build it as you don't want to rush anything when handling electronic part like that.

If you need help we'll be here to help you along the build, but it is watercooling that is the biggest challenge the rest is easy ;)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

A bit late to the party on this thread due to holidays but looking forward to see a build from another member. :2thumbsup:
Also don't worry about the build I'm sure you will get lots of help from the guys on here, I did when I did my re-build . :D
And don't forget..............
:text-worthless:
As you go along. :D
:party:
Image Image
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yes plenty of pics to come of me building the PC and the sim rig, girlfriend took camera on her holidays but she will be back in time for build to commence

Ok below is final build purchase list prices included sorry its little messy, only thing to change maybe power supply meant to be platinum still talking with company they have no platniums left changed it without asking

Yes you will notice the list changed below why i want to try it out and if they bring out black edition CPU i can always upgrade if chipset stays the same

ASUS Z170-Deluxe LGA 1151 Motherboard ----- $529.00 $529.00
Intel Core i7 6700K Quad Core LGA 1151 4.0 GHz Unlocked CPU Processor ---- $529.00 $529.00
Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB 2.5" SATA SSD SHSS37A/240G ------ $155.00 $155.00
Kingston HyperX Savage 480GB 2.5" SATA SSD SHSS37A/480G ----- $349.00 $349.00
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ 6GB Video Card ----- $1,119.00 $2,238.00
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x 8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 Memory CMD32GX4M4A2400C14 ------ $846.98 $846.98
NZXT Phantom 820 Full Tower Case - Gun Metal ----- $309.00 $309.00
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G2 80+ Gold Full Modular Power Supply --------- $279.00 $279.00
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit OEM DVD ------ $229.00 $229.00
ASUS DRW-24D3ST 24x Internal OEM DVD Burner Drive ------- $19.99 $19.99
Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Liquid CPU Cooler ------ $218.99 $218.99
NZXT HUE RGB LED Controller 5.25" Case Lighting System ----- $49.00 $49.00
Arctic Silver ArctiClean (60ml Kit) ----------- $11.99 $11.99
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 12 Gram Tube ------ $25.00 $25.00
WD WD4003FZEX 4TB Black 3.5” 7200RPM SATA3 Hard Drive ------ $325.99 $325.99
Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler ------ $189.00 $189.00
Intel Gaming Bundle Offer

Total of Invoice Inc GST $6,529.84
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

First off nice list 8-)

And hah lol you are building MadMan's next pc upgrade, he also want a Intel i7 6700K :lol:

But why do you have 2 CPU coolers on that list, the Corsair H110i GT is more than enough to keep your i7 6700K happy, i would skip on the Fractal Kelvin S36.

Btw, Skylake is might have some proplems as it is a brand new platform, but it should be okay if you regularly update the motherboards BIOS ;)

Also i think you could go for some higher clocked RAM, as 2400 is very entry to DDR4 as it can running at 3800 mhz on some boards :p But i would maybe if you could pick up this kit (C. Dominator Plat. 32 gig at 3000 mhz) instead of the one you have chosen now. http://www.corsair.com/se-fi/dominator- ... m4b3000c15

You would benefit from having faster ram if you are to be running heavy editing software that eats a ton of ram, if that is what you are going to use the rig for ;)

btw. the EVGA Supernova G2 is a good PSU, i have the G2 750w myself :)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Corsair Dominator can easily run at higher speeds. And from what i see are the mem modules insanely expensive Down Under

Nice list. No need for 2x CPU cooler, unless you need to cool another build as well. :o
You can pick Gelid or Noctua Thermal Paste. Arctic 5 used to be the best, but there are better options now. :geek:
If you got the space for it, grab a 360 radiator. More cooling surface and you can run the fans at a lower speed for a more quiet operation. ;)

Also, change the DVD burner for a BluRay burner. Will probably be the same price or 10$ more. I use BluRays for back-ups.

Skylake might indeed be the smart choice. Lots of performance for less bucks.

:rightthumbup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Cheers guys it was really weird i placed the order for the first list and a few days later Skylake was released so the nice guys reset my order so i could get skylake :2thumbsup:

yeah its alot of money to spend even for me, in Australia price's are higher for some reason, for Corsair memory it is double the price of say G-skill and currently in Australia 2666mhz is highest i could find in corsair range so just went with 2400 mhz until we get better stuff :rightthumbup:

I got two CPU coolers in case of any fitment issues because one has 360mm radiator which should fit my case but have heard its tight fit for that case rather be over prepared

The thermal paste is just personal preference im old school sort stick with what i used in past lol

Yeah looking forward to build day everything is ordered should roughly be here this time next week hopefully

I hoping i can build on this platform later down the road :rightthumbup:

Thankyou for the help
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

A Skylake certified 32G DDR4 2400/2666 kit from Kingston costs about 245/255€ over here.
https://www.alternate.nl/html/product/i ... e=hardware

Just make sure the mem modules you pick are Skylake certified.
There have been some issues with motherboards and memory modules combined with Skylake.

Price tagging in Australia is a rip off. :lol:

But good luck picking the parts and have fun with the build. You will.
Sometimes you have to make small modifications to fit a larger radiator. But it is best to pick the largest you can place.

Looking forward to the pics.
Have a first aid kit around to be sure ;)

Return to “PC”