TDU2 Hacker noob!

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Prepsi wrote:This has become the bash RamteamJax thread, :back to topic:
Not really. RamteamJax is pretty good in bashing himself. Lets say everybody has a right to his own truth. But some truths are more true than others.

I say it is on topic.
This topic pretty much shows different viewpoints on what hacking is all about and what is harmful or not. IMO all hacking leads to the use of other hacks. It is like an addiction. Especially when they can try something new. And unlike some quotes above i think it is always harmful to the game.

Hackers don't care about the game experience of others. And from what i read in this thread there is always a twisted way to justify it. You can fool yourself, not us.
Fact also remains that a lot of players hack the game. Partly because Atari hasn't done anything about it, except for the last few months and partly because there are always players who are not willing to play the game like it is or just like to piss off other players. Almost a reflection of the real world.

Maybe if Atari would have taken action from the start and Eden kept supporting the game it would have been slightly different. But probably not much as they always seem to find a way to justify their actions somehow.

And FYI illegally unlocking certain files, like DLC is a criminal offense, punishable by Law.
Maybe one day Atari will allow modding, like they did with TDU1. As long as they keep supporting the game i suggest to stay away from any files that can interfere with your (online) game experience. If not for yourself, than think about other players too. :twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Oh brother and I thought I've seen the last thread about this topic with the end of the official forums
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

SpeedFreak.be wrote:Oh brother and I thought I've seen the last thread about this topic with the end of the official forums
It has always been a hot topic on the old forum.
A little squabbling between different viewpoints can't hurt. But as soon as it gets too ugly :teasing-nutkick: i will put a lid on it. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

So, ok .. enough about the bashing and slashing, who's fault it is doesn't matter.

What I want to know, is who is removing lots of my posts all the time.
Like 20% (a rough estimate) of my posts get deleted.. Even those with just normal answers.

I'm getting kind of pissed about it. Quite unfair.
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:Apart from a bit of money in the early days when I got frustrated at how long it took to earn the stuff I have never hacked the game.
But I am not against people using none standard stickers on cars as I think this actually enhances the game and should of been included in the first place, instead of the crappy stickers shop we have now :twocents-02cents:
:angry-cussingblack: I hate when people use sticker mods! Just because it should have been included doesn't justify modification! And anyway, it really puts down the people who work hard on their cars that end up being worse than a modder's two minute sticker job!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

RamteamJax wrote:So, ok .. enough about the bashing and slashing, who's fault it is doesn't matter.

What I want to know, is who is removing lots of my posts all the time.
Like 20% (a rough estimate) of my posts get deleted.. Even those with just normal answers.

I'm getting kind of pissed about it. Quite unfair.
Just checked the logs and none of your posts have been deleted. Maybe you are confused with another forum?

Be careful before you make false accusations like that. You have been warned.

RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

grooks10 wrote:
Bezrider wrote:Apart from a bit of money in the early days when I got frustrated at how long it took to earn the stuff I have never hacked the game.
But I am not against people using none standard stickers on cars as I think this actually enhances the game and should of been included in the first place, instead of the crappy stickers shop we have now :twocents-02cents:
:angry-cussingblack: I hate when people use sticker mods! Just because it should have been included doesn't justify modification! And anyway, it really puts down the people who work hard on their cars that end up being worse than a modder's two minute sticker job!

Actually, I am quite jealous about those with extreme nice sticked cars which they sticked in like HOURS in the stickershop.
So I think you should have more respect for your own creations and don't mind about the custom sticker users ;)
Psysim
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

grooks10 wrote:
I've always been 100% with you when it comes to the sticker mod. I spent hours working on a design, then some guy see's it before its complete and says 'done that already' and presents me with a mod. It makes your time in the sticker shop seem so worthless, its actually soul destroying for those who play the game properly.
<?php
if ($indoubt) { echo "do nowt" ; }
else { echo "Execute the bar-steward" ; }
?>
Opps, there slips Atari.
Prepsi

MadManCK wrote:
Prepsi wrote:This has become the bash RamteamJax thread, :back to topic:
Not really. RamteamJax is pretty good in bashing himself. Lets say everybody has a right to his own truth. But some truths are more true than others.

I say it is on topic.
This topic pretty much shows different viewpoints on what hacking is all about and what is harmful or not. IMO all hacking leads to the use of other hacks. It is like an addiction. Especially when they can try something new. And unlike some quotes above i think it is always harmful to the game.

Hackers don't care about the game experience of others. And from what i read in this thread there is always a twisted way to justify it. You can fool yourself, not us.
Fact also remains that a lot of players hack the game. Partly because Atari hasn't done anything about it, except for the last few months and partly because there are always players who are not willing to play the game like it is or just like to piss off other players. Almost a reflection of the real world.

Maybe if Atari would have taken action from the start and Eden kept supporting the game it would have been slightly different. But probably not much as they always seem to find a way to justify their actions somehow.

And FYI illegally unlocking certain files, like DLC is a criminal offense, punishable by Law.
Maybe one day Atari will allow modding, like they did with TDU1. As long as they keep supporting the game i suggest to stay away from any files that can interfere with your (online) game experience. If not for yourself, than think about other players too. :twocents-02cents:
They never said modding was banned, they said it was not going to be officialy supported.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Prepsi wrote:They never said modding was banned, they said it was not going to be officialy supported.
Actually they did confirm modding was a bannable offense. But they also stated certain mods were no priority. IMO they focused on illegally unlocked games and DLC, Basically anything that would harm resources and revenues for Atari. They cleaned up leaderboards in the ORC once, but needed a patch to do it.

Any alteration of game files can lead to a ban. But lately there seems to be nobody actually playing sheriff anymore.

Modding can also bring a lot of fun to a game. Just take a look at what Steam does with the workshops.

Anything that modifies performance figures or unlocks content is more hacking than modding IMO. Sometimes it is hard to see the difference.

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”