PC Water Cooling

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:42 pm EK has shipped the new gasket with express shipping. I will have it before the weekend. :2thumbsup:

And thanks to Bear, i will soon® have enough matrerial to create a second loop for another project. :party:
Nice, hopefully that is what is keeping the PC from booting :D

Hard tubing for the next build ? :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Already got my new EKWB rubber gasket. DHL express delivery FTW :2thumbsup:

Now i will have a busy weekend, trying to fix my build and make some miles in Crew2 for the focus test. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nice, that was fast, EK customer service is very good :D
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is. :2thumbsup:
The new gasket is thinner and made of silicon, a different material.
I will try to replace it, while leaving the loop intact. But that will be tricky, especially as i have to replace the thermal paste as well. A good opportunity to use Gelid there too. It appears that they have teamed up with EK.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just received the package from Denmark. All seems to be there and unharmed. Postman did throw it into my hallway.. :roll:
He was gone before i reached the door. But deliveries are quick this week.

:party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol that was fast :D They said 4-10 days not 3 :lol:

Hope you get some good use out of it, is the next build hardline tubing ?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I won't do hardline or glass tubing, as i have no working space at the moment.

Today i unmounted the CPU water block and replaced the silicon gasket for the one EKWB has sent me. I removed the thermal grizzly. What is that stuff made of anyway? Looked rubberized. So i used Gelid instead for the re-mount.

PC does boot but still goes into error code 8 after AO. The motherboard lights up, fans are spinning, RGB lights are working but still no normal post sequence. :(

I have no other means to test this motherboard. All non essential stuff is working flawless, but the actual boot up does not happen. I will look into it some more when i have more time later this week.

From what i can see, is that this motherboard is really thin. It bends easily and that can also be the culprit. If it bends around the cpu too much. Despite compatibility and good reviews, i think the quality of this motherboard is not that good TBH.

:geek:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Argh that's annoying, had hoped it would have worked, maybe the motherboard is bad or even the CPU.

Did you try different ram yet, or less modules in?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Different ram no, less modules yes.

Code 8 refers to the CPU not working properly.

Either the CPU is dead, the motherboard socket is bust or something else.
It was kinda weird, that the thing does light up after exchanging the gasket. So it has to be related to the mount. Too tight, not tight enough or micro fractures becaue of the easy bending of this board.

I don't think it is either an AMD or EKWB problem, but this board. :angry-tappingfoot:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea it must be the socket then, some Threadrippers had the same socket tension problems aswell.

Return to “PC”