PC Water Cooling

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

JayZ2Cents gets a Nvidia RTX2080Ti treat. :party:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm i also only used destilled water to clean it, hmm have fun with that Mad :mrgreen:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The green fluid i tapped from the system when i drained it, has discolored in the bottle over time. Bottle was clean and the fluid was only filtered. :eeek:
So maybe that EK pre mixed solution was not as good as they let you think. I have 2 more bottles of the same stuff. Meant to replace or refill when needed. But i might be better off with another brand or different type of cooling fuid solution. I did flush components individually with destilled water before mounting and also the whole waterloop system has ran without issues. I doubt the double (coffee) filtering had any impact on the fluid. That was only done to prevent small particles from entering the fluid. Funnel was cleaned before use as well. The color of the drained fluid was also the same when i put it in the bottle.

I have heard a lot of frustrating stories from people with discoloration of their loops. But if the fluid itself is not color proof, there is little you can do about that. A bit dissappointing TBH.
Maybe the reason why they switched their cool fluids recently on the site. :o

I do have the new MSI Mobo here, but the real issue is the vertical mounting position i'm forced to work with now. It is virtually impossible to exchange the motherboards this way. This is the main reason why i have not bothered to work on my new rig for a while. But i hate unfinished work.

So i will have to find a way to place the case on its side with everything from the loop mounted as it is. And then try to remove the faulty ASUS board. It will be even harder to squeeze the new board in there with all the tubing and wiring in its way.

Normally the motherboard is the first thing you mount, when starting a new build. And so i proceeded normally with this.
But now i'm confronted with something that is more like a heart transplant.

And there is still the possibility that the CPU is not good.
If that is the case i will have to replace the whole motherboard mumbo again.

But than i also will never buy AMD again. :angry-banghead:

The new 9 series 8 core (non hyperthreaded) looks very good to me. :mrgreen:

Maybe i should save myself a lot of hassle and go for a complete new Intel setup. EK has new enlarged waterblocks now for Intel.

But for some reason i might give my current AMD rig a nother chance. It would be a waste of 1.000€ not to try to use it. :party:

For now i still need to create space to work with. Too many boxes and containers clogging my office. :smoking:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lay it down on the side on a bed and regularly touch some metal to ground yourself, works for me.

And jeez i thought you would atleast have had it running by now, time to cut down on playing The Crew 2 and just get it done, there probably only 5-6 hours left in the build.

But lol the build is already outdated now so.... could just build the new Intel, but the new Intel is crazy expensive.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I did have it running but the CPU/Mobo did not work. All the difficult stuff worked like a charm, but the normally easy operations failed for some reason. And it might just have been related to the early release versions of the components.

Never buy a new released line up directly when it becomes available. Better to wait for a few iterations later. More stable, better drivers and better overall support. :ugeek:

I do not have a testlab over here, like many Youtubers have. So i need to work with what i have. So far i never had these issues before. AMD has most certainly rushed the release.

The system would never boot up. I did order a new motherboard from MSI. But so far could not find the time or energy to start the build again.
Placing it on a bed is not an option, it has to be done over here in my office. I can try to carefully tilt it on its side. Will be tricky though.

If i had it operational, i would have posted pictures long time ago. :D

TBH i'm fed up with AMD. And Intel is milking it as usual. If they are not, the online shops will. :roll:

I can leave everything into place, radiators, pump, part of the tubing and part of the wiring.
And it will take me more like 5 days than hours to get it right. Time i simply do not have right now.

So for now, i'm considering my options. And Intel might be expensive, but never have let me down like AMD has.
Add to that, that they were aware of the initial issues with their new CPU generation. The sucessor was released after just one year. So was the new chipset. So, out dated a bit indeed. But my previous system did run for 10Y with some upgrades. And that was Intel's 2700K. And it can still run most games and programs today.

Maybe i should have never disassembled that one and left it operational for the time, while working on a completely new rig. But than again, my case, the PSU, some HDD and SSD can all be re-used within the new system. Replacing everything with similar quality would be a dent in my wallet right now. And with all the construction hassle around my house going on, it was all really bad timing.

Most has been done now and i can finally focus on other things. Like finishing my build. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Oh man, the watercooling bug is back, as of reasently i can't stop thinking about doing a hardline build in my little Meshify C case, and looking on Ebay for deals on a now rare EK GTX 1080 FTW black for my card. But my bank wallet is not going to like this one bit but the brain wants it badly.
Waterloop idea for Meshify C v3.png
This what i had in mind, but don't know yet. Also i'm thinking DDC pump as D5's are still nutty expensive.

Anyway Madman how is your watercooling build doing?

I blame this guy for doing this build in his Define C.

But this hobby gets expensive very fast, so i'm not at all sure i want to do it all again.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Hardline builds look cool, but you really need a place where you can work on your bending, like a garage or outdoor shed. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Thinking of it more closely then hardline is just adding more difficulty for little gain and hardline is also more risky and the fittings for hardline leak easily so not sure it is worth doing it.

Do you think going with 1,5 USD China 16/10mm compression fittings would be worth getting, it seems to be a cheap alternative to playing 5 times price of them for a single EK grade fitting. I am considering doing a budget build going with cheap no name parts for fittings as they are non moving parts and wouldn't leak per say. But that said i would be getting a bag of 50 Bitspower O-rings and remove the China O-rings as i would have no fate in them.

Blocks would be Alphacool as they are the best of the budget watercooling blocks, and EK discontinued my GTX 1070 FTW block last year and now they are impossible to get, while Alphacool has the GPX block for it still for 55 euros or so.

Currently the most expensive parts are the radiators as it would be a 240 with multiports and 280 X-flow and those are not cheap.

Pump is another issue i am finding as i could get a DDC clone with a "listed" flowrate of 800 L/h for 25 euros, comes with a heatsink and clear plex top and is even PWM controllable.

And at the end of the day i might just save the money for new pc upgrade and get for the next gen Ryzen or Intel if they figure out a cheap'ish mainstream CPU, but anyway just my cluttered thoughts and ideas of a watercooled system.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe some of the so called "high end" brands manufacture parts in China as well :think:

Talking about EKWB, i received an interesting mail about a new device they have developed.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-loop-conne ... 2020-02-21

Maybe i will get one of these. Most MB have only limited RGB and fan connectors, even the enthusiast ones.
This smart little toy solves a lot of problems at once and as a bonus is developed by one of the leading watercooling companies in the World. Very tempting indeed :mrgreen:

And FYI;
Designed and engineered by EK Water Blocks in Slovenia - Europe

Made in China

Return to “PC”