PC Water Cooling

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes !! I finally got rid of the last of the expensive watercooling parts, the Black Ice Nemesis 420 GTS and the three EK Vardar F3 140mm fans and EK powered fan splitter. I sold it to a guy who is about to build a delided i7 8700K setup into a new and huge Define R6, it is a nice case for watercooling. So he got the rad and fans, but he also was in need of two 10/13 fittings - so .. my display Supremacy Evo block top is not looking as nice anymore as I had to take the two fittings off, so now I part two clear plexy LED plugs into it. So that was just 67 euros into the bank. :)

But the real and annoying thing is that he had a Meshify C, and he is stealing it for 35 euros less than what I paid for my Meshify C, but oh well, you can win all the good deals everytime. But at the time the Meshify C I bought was a very good deal and it was new so there is that.

Anyway, Mad how is your build coming along, have you shipped out the motherboard and received the new MSI board yet?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:46 pm Anyway, Mad how is your build coming along, have you shipped out the motherboard and received the new MSI board yet?
Good to see you finally got rid of your watercool stuff. 420 rads are indeed not common.

I received a new motherboard from MSI, it is boxed for now. I first have to drain and dissasemble my loop. There is astill a chance the CPU itself is dead. Hope not. I only have limited time to exchange the board.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just drained the system and partially disassembled the system. Thanks to the clever draining system, getting rid of most cooling fluid was a piece of cake.

Now i need to carefully remove the motherboard, without having to remove the reservoir and pump and with the bottom part of the loop still intact.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nice, hopefully it works this time, if not then Intel :twisted:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol i just saw that the guy who bought my Nemesis GTS 420 radiator is already selling it again i guess it didn't fit in his case after all :lol:

Expensive mistake to make, also he is selling it 7 euros cheaper than what he paid for it... xD
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Even when case manufacturers advertize with "watercooling prepared" of designed with watercooling in mind, they are most of the time full of sh@t. You will either need to modify or buy special parts to make it work. Use mediocre parts (thinner rads), or get back to the drawing board.

And i have two spare radiators, that were supposed to cover the case exit fan spot, but did not fit. At least not easy or in a good looking way. So these mistakes are easily made. Even with proper measurements taken.
And he was right to try the biggest possible rad first. Selling that big buster will be a little hassle. Especially if you want your money quick.

I still have to remove the "old" motherboard and switch it for the new MSI one. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So Mad it has been a month, is the build finished or sidelined again? Does it work?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:17 pm So Mad it has been a month, is the build finished or sidelined again? Does it work?
I just received a batch of parts Yesterday, that were obviously in back order.
Now some time and motivation would be welcome. But it has no priority.

I get to it, when i feel like it. And right now, i don't. Going AMD so fast was a mistake. I will try to get it ready before Crew2 launch, but i make no promises.

By the time it is finished, it will have antique value... :character-oldtimer:

:text-lol:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Recently my desktop has been running hot even at idle it will sometimes jump into the mid to high 50's (centigrade)

I know this is still not too high but in the past it almost never got out of the 30's.

I only noticed this in the recent hot weather we had so I put it down to that but the weather has now cooled down and the PC still runs hotter than it used to so i removed the pump and cleaned the plate and applied some new Noctua past, this has made a slight difference in temp but it still is nowhere near what it used to be. :(

Anyone got any ideas?

All fans are working and dust free, water pump must be working ok otherwise CPU would overheat. :shock:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Which CPU cooler, it might be dying or something.

Maybe the block in clocked up with gunk which hurts the cooling performance, but it shouldn't happen to closed loop coolers as they run antifreeze coolent. But either the pump is getting bad or the block is gunked up.

Return to “PC”