PC Water Cooling

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hey Mad, just to let you know, EKWB is have a BlackFriday sale on watercooling parts so you might want to score some good deals for your build ;)

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/black-friday-deals
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It seems like they have sale the whole week. But pumps were yesterday..... :(

I'll check it out tomorrow, but i highly doubt an EK full coverblock for the Titan XP will be sold with discount. You never know though ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Well you never know what they'll do on Black Friday if they'll discount the who shop, so then grab the parts you need while you can save on them ;)

I think the week day deals just a taster of what is to come.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:It seems like they have sale the whole week. But pumps were yesterday..... :(

I'll check it out tomorrow, but i highly doubt an EK full coverblock for the Titan XP will be sold with discount. You never know though ;)
MAD it is happening, EK is discounting the block, fittings, fans, rads and pumps you name it... hurry and grab the parts you need before you have to pay the premium for them again.

I saw the Titan XP block at -18% and the mono block you wanted at -20% too, and -10% on pumps, basically all the deals during the week is on this BlackFriday sale. 8-)

I could grab the FTW waterblock but... i doubt i'll keep my 1070 FTW much longer after Vega comes out, and then i'll watercool the new "RX 490" i really want ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The "new" 490 will be 2x480 on a single card. CF support is not always best in every game. Just like SLI.
Just grab the waterblock for the GTX1070. :twocents-02cents:

I will check out the shop today for a waterblock for my Titan. The fullcover block will have to wait untill the Kaby Lake 270Z boards become available.
So for now i will probably stick to the GFX block and maybe a pump, reservoir and some tubing. :party:

Another option is to opt for a more universal CPU waterblock. But i like these full cover solutions. ;)

:occasion-snowman:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Ok, i just checked and only the plexi, nickel plated copper version is for sale. And the backplate is a whopping 40€ for the Nickel plated version.

I have a parts list now with pump, extender, bracket mount, some fittings, the new Duraclear tube (10/16), ball valve, t-splitter, plugs and fill port for 500€ +

And maybe the black friday discount is 40€ :lol:
Still better than nothing.

The rest of the parts will have to wait until spring, when the new Kaby Lake stuff is released. And i also need 2 radiators. One 240/60 and one 240/30. Expensive hobby, watercooling is. ;)

Edit: rofl, i ordered twice the amount of fittings i actually need, due to the way the update configurator works. It just adds and does not change the amount. I have asked them to add a CPU block. The full cover will only fit one specific board and i can use the Evo Supremacy on about every CPU there is.

Dang, forgot the fans :o

I guess i will have to contact them later today :lol:

EDIT2: They are pretty fast with CS. They have changed my order, added the 4 Vardar fans and the CPU block and removed the excessive fittings :lol:
Order will most likely exceed 600€ now. :shock:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Rolf well the discount is massive when considering EK's normal prices, lol I hope you can get your order updated but I think they might be to busy today.

edit.
Lol i thought the RX490 would be the first VEGA card, but guess i'll have to wait and see, as Pascal just annoys my, as Nvidia still haven't fixed the DSR issues that change the desktop browser window, or maybe it is Windows that messed up again.

PS. i won't buy a 107 euro block for a card i don't see myself owning for more that a year, also i want to support AMD again as Nvidia sucks big time and is only messing up more often.
Last edited by Beardroid91 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They already updated the order to my wishes. They must be used to it, as it is easy to forget things when ordering parts.

Now i only need 2 radiators and some other smaller stuff.

I think it is smart to buy the EVO block. It is universal and can be fitted on about every CPU on the market.
The full coverblock is a nice option that i might be doing later anyway.

Not everybody does Black Friday sales, unfortunately. Or they sell things you don't need. ;)

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nice did you saved big on your build, hopefully you can get it started soon ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I saved about 50€ at EK webshop, not too bad. And another 5€ at HighFlow 8-)

I ordered 3 radiators from HW Labs.

1x 140 Nemesis GTS (optional for placing before the outlet fan at the rear)
1x 240 Nemesis GTS (in the top)
1x 240 Black Ice GT Extreme (for in the belly)

And pre mixed EK coolant Lime Green :mrgreen:

Also some mounting stuff and replacement parts for other watercool stuff. :party:

PS I can only start the build, as soon® as the Kaby Lake is released. The 7700K is probably the best option for my rig right now. As the socket has the same dimensions, i can use the EVO on it.

Return to “PC”