Ferrari GTC4Lusso '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
Darren Moss wrote:The facelifted Ferrari FF has been revealed ahead of its global debut at the Geneva motor show, sporting a new name and upgrades inside and out.

The updated car now takes the GTC4Lusso name and gets subtle styling upgrades to mark it out from its predecessor. Aerodynamic improvements include a new front grille with integrated air intakes, new air vents on the rear wing, a roof-mounted rear spoiler and a new diffuser. Ferrari says the result is a drag coefficient that is “substantially lower” than that of the FF.

Interestingly, Ferrari says the GTC4Lusso will be aimed at a younger audience than the brand has traditionally been used to. Owners of the FF, on average, drove more miles than owners of other Ferraris, suggesting that the GTC4Lusso will become the grand tourer of choice in the company’s range.

Powering the GTC4Lusso is the same 6.2-litre V12 engine already fitted to the FF, but with power raised from 651bhp to 680bhp. Maximum power is reached at 8000rpm, while torque is rated at 514lb ft at 5750rpm, with 80% of torque available from 1750rpm. As before, drive is channelled through a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. Ferrari says the car’s engine note is “rich and powerful in performance driving and discreet yet harmonious in the city.”

Armed with more power, the GTC4Lusso can reach 62mph from a standing start in 3.4sec - 0.3sec faster than the FF - while its top speed is unchanged at 208mph. When specified with optional lightweight components, the GTC4Lusso has a dry weight of 1790kg, which matches the FF. Ferrari has yet to reveal whether the GTC4Lusso will improve on the FF’s fuel economy or CO2 emissions figures, which currently stand at a claimed 18.3mpg and 360g/km respectively.

As with its predecessor, the GTC4Lusso has four-wheel drive but gets rear-wheel steering for the first time. The new, improved system, dubbed 4RM-S, features Ferrari’s Slip Side Control setup, and works with the car’s electronic differential and dampers. Ferrari says the result means drivers can “effortlessly handle the GTC4Lusso’s extraordinary torque even on snow-covered, wet or low-grip roads.”

Among the significant interior changes to the four-seat cabin is a new infotainment system which has been developed by Delphi, but remains compatible with Apple CarPlay.

The 10.25in screen is much larger than the one in the FF and Ferrari claims that its upgraded usability will put the GTC4Lusso among the class leaders. Ferrari’s dual cockpit display, which allows passengers to see speed and engine information from their side of the cabin, now appears to show a g-force meter – a first in a Ferrari.

The smaller steering wheel – made possible due to a more compact airbag – features “more ergonomic” controls, such as a redesigned Manettino control and new buttons for the hands-free telephone system.

The GTC4Lusso also gets a recess between the seats specifically to hold the key during driving; a feature the FF did not have.

Ferrari says the GTC4Lusso has been designed “for clients wanting to experience the pleasure of driving a Ferrari anywhere, anytime, be it on short spins or long journeys, snowy mountain roads or city streets, alone or in the company of three lucky passengers. Drivers who demand exceptional power but refuse to compromise on in-car comfort, sporty elegance and impeccable detailing.”

Pricing and availability for the GTC4Lusso won’t be revealed until closer to the car’s launch in Geneva, but we’d expect prices to rise from the £226,023 of the FF.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
legacybear
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

A much better looking car than the FF was, I love that rear-end.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That rear looks epic, reminds of a 550 Maranello rear-end :D

But i think the front is to much F12
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Why am I laughin' so much at both "bears" commentin' about the same part of the car? :loll:

But yea, that rear really reminds me of the 575M Maranello, which is my favourite Ferrari. :)
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

This was supposed to be that facelifted FF Ferrari was teasing up?

It looks live a very nice evolution, I really like the sharp edges and that retro vibe from the rear design of the car.
RUF is better than Porsche!

TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good thing they renamed the car to GTC4Lusso. Now Jensen can reclaim the FF name. :P
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

TheLuigi907 wrote:Good thing they renamed the car to GTC4Lusso.
I think that's a kinda stupid name. Like if Ferrari made a typo and forgot to put a space in between GTC4 and Lusso.

Still a very nice looking car despite the front reminding me too much of the F12 Berlinetta.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

So they managed to make the most ugly Family member better appealing with plastic surgery. In this case job well done. 8-)

Those fancy a hot hatch can now get a Fezza :loll:

Since Ferrari parted with Pininfarina, the designs have become better. When good old Sergio was still designing the cars himself, they looked gorgeous. But Ferrari now has a very talented in-house design division that rocks.

The name is still what confusing. With a GTC4 badge you would expect a Racing version of a standard model. Lusso reminds of famous Ferrari's of the 60's. But it makes more sense than FF (Fast 'n Furious ?, Fat Fail?, Full Force?) that was a bit pointless and uninspired.
Just GT Lusso would have been much better.

I think i like this strange family member.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:So they managed to make the most ugly Family member better appealing with plastic surgery. In this case job well done. 8-)
The FF was never ugly, how can you call a hothatch with a V12 ugly, i believe i have see some more ugly Fezza's before they found their recent design way, for me it is the Ferrari 612 was much worse, but the redesign is a nice upgrade over the stock ;)
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

I love these double circular tail lights. :)

I hope their future models will have them too.

Return to “The Showroom”