Well, its time for the bad news.... You'll wan't to know.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
BigDcBiggs
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I think it would b epic if some brave soul at Sony (Gran Turismo series), Microsoft (Forza series), or EA (Need for Speed series) bought the rights to the test drive franchise. Imagine TDU 2 with Forza's driving engine. Or the cops of the first NFS MW instead of the current cops. That would b worth $60. With the rights, "TDU 3" (could b called Forza Horizon 2 or something like that; TDU 2 would b hard to completely revamp) would b what TDU should've been. Also, the new company wouldn't have to redraw the whole island, just a new driving engine, different tuning, proper cops (or none at all), and better wheel control is all the game needs. (if this happens all the roads should come prediscovered). Lastly, all car (and hopefully bike) brands should b in the game, for Forza has just about every brand I've ever heard of. I'm considering fostering this idea to GT, FM, NFS if I can get enough support from the masses. With Atari now bankrupt, these companies could get the rights to this game at a dirt cheap price. EA makes enough money to fix this game (granted they don't listen to their community enough). Thoughts? Comments? Constructive criticism?

EDIT by CK, reason: Dupe post from another thread. Don't do that !
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well Forza hasn't Porsches that is still @ EA Forza 3 has Porsches, for Forza 4 they managed to close a deal with EA as for Horizon the devs already said Porsche won't appear ingame. As for the franchise itself I don't think MS is that interested, because they have Horizon as for Sony I don't know. Btw it would be sublime however the chance is very big it will come out for 1 console only (exclusive) that would me make a kind of said.
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Well I'm going to take the optimistic approach to this news as the press release clearly states "the Companies expect to effectuate a sale of all, or substantially all, of their assets" and goes on to say,
"These assets include not only one of the most widely recognized brand logos, which is familiar to 90% of Americans, according to a recent survey, but also legendary game titles including Pong®, Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Battlezone® and Tempest®. Other recognized brands include Test Drive®, Backyard Sports® and Humongous®.

To me this says they are looking for someone to buy the Test Drive® franchise and this can only be a good thing no matter who buys it, at worst it would stay as it is, at best, well who knows ? I guess a lot will depend on the company that takes over.

Maybe I'm just too optimistic or is it another :teasing-nutkick: only time will tell :) :twocents-02cents:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Atari is running out of time and out of doors :loll:

If you just read the amount of strong brands, it is even more surprising they managed to get themselves in this position.
Do not underestimate the other shareholders. Maybe Namco will grab those brands and franchise rights.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

Worst case scenario:
In all seriousness, this is very sad, indeed :(
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
top250

Gatorbait771 wrote:Worst case scenario:
In all seriousness, this is very sad, indeed :(

LIKE :handgestures-thumbup:
sfy
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

not surprised in any way. the current ceo, jim wilson, is a putz. the people around him are putz's. the entire management and marketing team are morons. and they have bad breath.

seriously, how hard would it have been to make the connection between releasing DLC and consistent income? they say water finds it level, well so does incompetency.

frankly, i dont really care if they shut down or not. done as many laps around oahu and ibiza as i could stomach and have moved on to ETS2 and just started playing Farming Simulator 2013....just to have a "change of pace" game. and with a summer release of Theme Park Simulator due, and an upcoming cruise to Alaska to get ready for.....safe to say atari will be VERY easy to forget.
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

Atari is one of those companies you hate, but can't live without.

What I mean, is that this news worries me more than excites me. I care for TDU2, and want to play it beyond this year and 2014... is all hope for the servers remaining up beyond this year lost? The only game i've put more time into is GTA4, so I would hate to lose everything in TDU2....

Also, if EA ends up buying the rights to TDU2, I quit all gaming.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
top250

eaustinn36 wrote:Atari is one of those companies you hate, but can't live without.

What I mean, is that this news worries me more than excites me. I care for TDU2, and want to play it beyond this year and 2014... is all hope for the servers remaining up beyond this year lost? The only game i've put more time into is GTA4, so I would hate to lose everything in TDU2....

then who do you want to buy tdu2
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

top250 wrote:
eaustinn36 wrote:Atari is one of those companies you hate, but can't live without.

then who do you want to buy tdu2
Tbh idk, just not EA because I hate that company more than pretty much every one in existence. Probably not Turn10 either though, as they would just buy it to destroy it and make room for Horizon 2 (btw, after the "new" effect has worn off, and i've played Horizon somewhat long-term, TDU2 is far better even with its flaws, imo).
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”