Well, its time for the bad news.... You'll wan't to know.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
Rockdo-do423
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

This isn't the thing I wanted to hear....I just bought my girlfriend a PS3 and her mic just got delivered yesterday and we were looking to get her a copy so we could play....I feel really upset honestly...over a game too...
PSN= Rockdo-do423 or Rockdodo

Steam = Rockdodo
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

it makes sense now. we alway felt like TDU2 was half finished. i think now it really is half done. when Atari knew they were going under, they told the devs to throw together what they had and release it, to minimize cost and get revenue as fast as possible. once out you fire everyone except a skeleton crew to meet contractual obligations.

they probably had the plans and the means to finish, so whoever gets the spoils of the former Atari might be able to finish it.
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

lol if EA does buy its Assets, we might see lambos in the game :D Unless they make it free2play and each dlc car will cost $20, just like nfsw.
Flipnoz
New Starter
New Starter

Regardless of the news, I will still play this game religiously. It's dead, sure, but I love it. Besides, the servers time may be numbered, and when it's gone I don't want to have any regrets on not playing it.

Hopefully EA or Ubisoft can buy Test Drive. I actually don't care who buys it as long as they keep the game alive, or confirmTDU3.
DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

How long is the average EA game online for? Isn't it like 1.5 years? I know it is shorter than the average console game. Like I said earlier, if someone does buy the TDU IP, I hope it's not EA or Activision, that would be a horrible fit for the series imo.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

DDastardly00 wrote:How long is the average EA game online for? Isn't it like 1.5 years? I know it is shorter than the average console game. Like I said earlier, if someone does buy the TDU IP, I hope it's not EA or Activision, that would be a horrible fit for the series imo.
Yes, EA keeps the servers up a year after release. And they only release pre-cooked DLC and then go to the next Title. Quantity over quality

At least Atari has kept TDU1 and TDU2 a lot longer on the air than most companies would. Don't know about Ubisoft as they are rumored to work on an open world racer themselves.

There are a few other options as well. All we know is that the servers are still online. Thats all what counts anyway

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
CaptainTNT
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I hope Polyphony Digital gets the TDU series. Just imagine a thousand and counting cars in the game. Then the problems TDU2 had were fixed.
:flags-australia: Mate.
I been playing Team Fortress 2 since the 24th of September 2007.
I played Gran Turismo 5 since 24th of November 2010.
I played Test Drive Unlimited 2 since the 9th of February 2011
I play Forza Horizon 3 .
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

If your looking for the next open world racer keep an eye on this company Ivory Tower

Also check out the job vacancies on the site, nuff said :shhh:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:If your looking for the next open world racer keep an eye on this company Ivory Tower

Thats the UbiSoft project i was refering to. They have a lot of former TDU1 devs, including the one responsible for the driving dynamics. Definitely something to look forward to.

:occasion-snowman:

PS That CFO character looks like somebody not to be messed with :eeek: :loll: :auto-swerve:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote:
Bezrider wrote:If your looking for the next open world racer keep an eye on this company Ivory Tower

Thats the UbiSoft project i was refering to. They have a lot of former TDU1 devs, including the one responsible for the driving dynamics. Definitely something to look forward to.

:occasion-snowman:

PS That CFO character looks like somebody not to be messed with :eeek: :loll: :auto-swerve:
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure keep an eye on that project.

One of the aspects of TDU and TDU2 that I love is that indie feel that both games have. No, Ubisoft is not an indie developer but they sure aren't as a bad as EA or Activision with (like you said) pre-cooked DLC and I will add Cookie cutter graphics and sound effects to the list. I also love the fact that the servers are still up and running and I can still jump on and play.

Right now I'm taking a break from TDU2 but that's only because I just bought Skyrim and it's owning my gaming time (atm), but I will be back to TDU2 soon enough. Actually, I might jump on tonight to play poker with some friends and perhaps some Co-driving.

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”