Well, its time for the bad news.... You'll wan't to know.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

you think it would be too-wishful of thinking to wish that Ivory Tower could buy the remains of TDU2 and finish it?. if those are alot of the TDU1 devs it would be the ideal team to finish TDU2.
top250

i heard that THQ going bye bye to :/
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Karu62 wrote:you think it would be too-wishful of thinking to wish that Ivory Tower could buy the remains of TDU2 and finish it?. if those are alot of the TDU1 devs it would be the ideal team to finish TDU2.
They would. A lot of devs left Eden after TDU1, TDU2 was developed with a much smaller team (80 instead of 300) and probably less talented too. It also explains the many short cuts and the terrible execution of the driving dynamics.

To give you an answer, just keep in mind this dev team is working on their own open world racing project, rumored to take place in an exotic location. Add to that the experienced physics and FFB developers and very talented graphics artists and you can see why i'm really looking forward to that title.

In addition to that there are rumors about TDU3 and SMS. But they are unconfirmed and can be just that, rumors.

:occasion-snowman:
:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
sfy
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

would be interesting to see SMS develop TDU3. maybe they could do it WMD style, as they are with PCars.

of course, rumors and speculation.
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well I would buy a tdu3 IF there was any chance in getting an (better) overall support (dlc, patches, ban hackers/cheaters, etc)
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Now, Atari is seeking to sell its American operations through what is known as a 363 sale, allowing a buyer to gain control of the company’s core assets free of any liabilities.
If they can manage to do just that, there is still hope for TDU. Strange how so many news bulletins have different explanations or interpretations of the same procedures.
“In light of the current situation with BlueBay, we have decided to take what we think is the best decision to protect the company and its shareholders,” Jim Wilson, Atari S.A.’s chief executive, said in a statement. “Through these ongoing procedures, and especially the auction process in the U.S., we will seek to maximize the proceeds in the best interest of the company and all of its shareholders.”
Quote J. Wilson

For those interested in this procedure.

The case is In re Atari Inc., 13-bk-10176, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York (Manhattan).
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
DzoniDev
New Starter
New Starter

I read this a few weeks ago, it was clear form the stat when Atari shut down Eden that Atari is sinking fast.

What would be nice though is if they release the server software and make it open source, so people could use it to host games and possibly modify it and improve it.

I doubt they will shut down all servers, when THQ entered chapter 11 a few months back, some company bought their game servers which they now maintain.

TDU 3 is probably never gone come, maybe someone buys the copyright for the game. Maybe there will be a fan-made game?
Atari you kinda suck!

TDU2: DzoniDev
SteamID: DzoniDev
Twitter:DzoniDev

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”