TDU 3 Wishlist

Cycohead
New Starter
New Starter

I hope, they will include the snapshot-tasks again, it was always fun to find the locations...
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Cycohead wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:26 am I hope, they will include the snapshot-tasks again, it was always fun to find the locations...
The Photographer missions can be taken to the next level. :party:
Next to finding specific spots you can think of;
  • Group Photos
  • Club rewards
  • Very specific car/location/time of day etc. Photos
  • Catch the cheater photo :mrgreen:
  • Other P.I. missions*
  • Find a car photo
  • Paparazzi missions
  • Very hard to reach locations missions
  • Private Photo missions for decorative purposes
  • A photo editing studio in your house with upgrade system
  • Option to use photos as wall art, posters or textures
  • Multiple difficulty and various rewards for pictures
  • level upgrades and unlockables
:smoking:

*PI Missions can include, various tail mission, from cheating husbands to finding stolen cars or stalking models. TDU2 had this originally planned, but it was nerfed to just the cheater following.
It would be cool to give it a twist; when you are not careful and get made, you become the target and have to escape. :mrgreen:
If you succeed certain specific photo mission, you get noticed by the P.I. Agency for more interesting work. Could be a cool additional way to progress in the game and unlock some merch.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I posted this in the Crew2 Forum, as an attempt to make that game more fun. But they seem to be reluctant to add a level editor or route planner.
TDU3 devs will see the benefits of community created content and will most generously share their Dev tools with us :woot:

Level Editor
  • Up to 99 Checkpoints
  • Route based on type of vehicle
  • Create loops
  • Number of laps
  • Reversed course races
  • Customize for type of vehicle (Hot Hatch, Classic only, GT only etc)
  • Limit to class or group of classes
  • Select groups (Harley and Indian bikes only etc)
  • Limit to single brands or group of brands (Ford vs Ferrari for example)
  • Select weather options; default, dry and sunny, weather type, intensity, variation, duration.
  • Select time of day; default, night, noon, dusk, dawn, time speed.
  • Customize traffic options; on/off, intensity, variation, duration, aggression
  • Select Ai opponents; on/off, level, erratic behavior, mood, skill

Level editor can be used to create cruises, races and (club) events. So a scoreboard, with car type and number of attempts will be nice as well.

In addition to a fully customizable level editor, an option to use existing events to modify for custom races and events.

Custom Races
  • Use existing tracks and races
  • Create from scratch
  • Add or remove extra checkpoints
  • Reversed track options
  • Adapt for other classes of vehicles
  • Manage time of day and weather options as mentioned above
  • Customize traffic Ai
  • With or without Ai opponents ( when in a group)
  • Crew vs Crew races
  • Equalizer races (Best player gets least favorite cars)
  • Knockout Race
  • Qualifying race; 1 lap, no traffic or Ai
  • Point to point races
  • Catch the Boss races
  • Random checkpoint races (based on type of selected vehicle)
  • Speed trap races
  • Estafette races (Crew event)
  • Stunt races (bonus points for stunts)
  • Eliminator
  • Limit to car bands
  • Limit to groups of cars or bikes
  • Single brands or groups of brands
  • Select Classic, GT, Hot Hatch, Sports Sedan, Hypercar and so on
  • Allow different type of classes and adapt strength accordingly
  • Add penalty for leaving the track on Circuits
  • Limit BOT to 3
  • Add increasing time penalty for BOT and crashcam (ab)use.

And as a bonus

Create LIVE events, by combining multiple races and events 2,3,4 or even more
Create Custom Skill Runs; Slalom, Escape, etc
Create events with custom tuning and car settings (Loaner cars or limited owned cars and bikes)
Cars with promotional liveries for club or race team events or to show off skillz (Loaner cars)
Share (or limit) custom (club) events through a community racing center, added next to PvP and Summit. in the menu
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Nice list. :D

Wile the crew is missing a lot of things that we had in TDU 2 i sort of understand why they are reluctant to introduce them into the crew.

The Crew is The Crew and not TDU 2 so they want it to be original and not a copy and past of TDU 2, I just hope Kylotonn take note of that and don't totally abandon the base concept of the TDU franchise. :shock:

I'm all for new ideas but not at the expense of the TDU style and content. :naughty:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lots of things that were in the game files of TDU1 & 2 never made it to the final game due to various reasons.
But they do show some of the ideas the Eden Games Devs had when they were developing Test Drive Unlimited.

Things like F1 and Rally cars, Dragsters and even a real Private Investigation Office were all in the files.

They never anticipated it to become a cruising game, where players just drive around and meet with their friends.

Things like customizing, whether it is cars, bikes, avatar, player homes, garages, clubs, races or events should become a central focus point in the new TDU.
This in addition to the traditional racing and TDU fun Dev created content. Multiple championships and different race leagues come to mind, as well as various goals for each individual play style.

But i trust them to be true to the original vibe and feel of TDU, including the slightly saturated "happy" colors, that already take you on a new adventure every time you log into the game.

:party:

NEDBAT77
New Starter
New Starter

The most important thing is to make an adequate physical model of the car's behavior. Have
The Crew made a huge location, stuffed planes, boats, and the like, but no sense. If you drive a car with such physics, there is no desire and pleasure from the word AT ALL !!!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Kylotonn also makes the WRC games with good physics. They will use that model as a base for TDU SC :party:

:spy:

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

This would be 1 of the race types i'd like :auto-swerve:
BUT make it so the cleanest driver wins, NOT the fastest (then rammers would ruin the drivemode)
btw: NO COPS :mrgreen:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

That looks super fun. :2thumbsup:
Image Image

Return to “Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown”