Mechanic

didn't show much 😐
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

dpuff wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:08 pm didn't show much 😐
Game has been knocked back again till who knows when, this is not an AAA company and they are trying to produce what most are expecting to be a AAA game so i think they are taking it slowly so as not to get hammered if it isn't up to people's expectations.

I was watching it on Allex's channel and afterwards a lot of chat was not happy because it still hasn't gotten a release date. :roll:

I don't mind the wait but i just hope it will be worth it. :gaming:

Scan me

:D
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It looks good and we see the return of the wrecked car finds.
Also the driving physics look a lot better than before.
And i like the car sounds.

The bar will be raised and another TDU2 rushed release is not the road to go. But they do test our patience.

The previous play tests were obviously not representative for the final product.
To start with a steady FPS and feel for the car and interactions. And i'm a nitpicker for car control. :mrgreen:

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

For some reason NACON had time to devlop a Taxi simulator. Might be fun if you want to explore Barcelona but all that development time and energy could have been used on a more prancing matter, like TDU.SC

:twocents-02cents:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:22 am For some reason NACON had time to devlop a Taxi simulator. Might be fun if you want to explore Barcelona but all that development time and energy could have been used on a more prancing matter, like TDU.SC

:twocents-02cents:
Nacon own many game development company's, Taxi simulator is made by Simteract as far as i know they have nothing to do with the development of Testdrive Unlimited Solar Crown.

On the other hand they did develop this "Traffic AI™" so maybe they have had some input in the game. :think:
https://simteract.com/projects/traffic-ai/
Traffic AI™ is an external library which after integration with a simulator or video game, places cars on virtual roads that behave like in the real world. The system was used for teaching intelligent driving algorithms intended to control real, autonomous vehicles. We use Traffic AI™ in both professional simulators (training of ADAS driver assistance systems) and simulation games we create.
https://simteract.com/app/uploads/2021/ ... mbined.mp4
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, obviously, but Ubisoft, for example, used 7 of their in house game development studios to help finish the original Crew project. :ugeek:
Maybe Nacon is doing the same thing. And having realistic traffic would be a great bonus. We have had enough from indolent, unrealistic and attacking traffic, that behaves the exact opposite from real life.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

The company behind Taxi sim may or may not have some input into the development of TDUSC but one thing for sure is KT Racing is developing another game along with Testdrive Unlimited Solar Crown called Endurance Motorsport Series.

So that has got to impact the development of TDUSC. :(

Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown
third playtest is about to start!

Playtest #3 introduces exclusive content never before experienced in previous playtests and is now open worldwide.

dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I signed up again with the same credentials. 💁‍♂️
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I have also signed up for this test, looking forward to it, hoping to get the chance to be part of it.

Return to “Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown”