Test Drive Solar Crown Talk

DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Forza Horizon 5 will not come this year. Probably more the next Forza Motorsport. The competetor will be TC2. They are planing to come up with a lot of new stuff this year, which isn't officially revealed yet. But until there is no official confirmation for TDU3 i just read and wait.
Cruising is not a crime
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

DonnieBrasco wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:45 pm The competetor will be TC2.
Nope :naughty:

For the following reasons;
  • Not social enough :snooty:
  • Buoyancy in car handling, really :doh:
  • Still no level editor to create custom events :angry-banghead:
Crew2 is a cool game but never had the TDU vibe, despite some of the core dev team originating from Eden games.

:smoking:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

I see it the same way when it comes to the content of the game(s) and hopefully TDU3 will be more like what we expect and want compared to TDU/TDU2 as TC1/TC2 will ever be like that. Indeed the games from the Ivorytower never generated the same "highlife"-feeling both TDU-games had.

But in generell both games are (or will be) multiplatform-openworld-racinggames, so thats why they will be competetors in some way. I don't count Forza Horizon to it because it's more or less Xbox-only. (Yeah i know you can play it on PC via WinX too.)

btw what do you mean with "Buoyancy in car handling"? Overall i consider the handling in TC2 quite good for an arcadegame. It can not compete with the H-mode in TDU, but it is definitely better than the shoebox-handling of TDU2 and the floaty handling of TC1.

The equivalent to the CRC is missing in TC2 that is for sure and hopefully they will one day listen to the players who request that ever since the first tech-test, but at the moment (as far as i know) there is nothing like this planned.
Cruising is not a crime
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

DonnieBrasco wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:04 pm The equivalent to the CRC is missing in TC2 that is for sure and hopefully they will one day listen to the players who request that ever since the first tech-test, but at the moment (as far as i know) there is nothing like this planned.
THe CRC and clubs are two of the biggest things for me along with a good paint shop.

Yes i was excited when i saw the new paint shop in the Crew 2 but with out the CRC and clubs it wasn't for me and to be honest if they are not in TDU 3 i will probably feel the same. :(
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

O/T Bouyancy in car handling (TC2) is noticeable with some "after effect", partly because of the over active auto correction and partly because of general physics tweaks that affect tire models of existing cars in a bad way. Sometimes it is like driving on skippy balls, instead of tires. Add to that the pre-programmed erratic movements, especially magnetic trees and guard rails (were in TDU too) or deviating to the other side you are steering towards. Even uphill, which totally makes no sense. Not to mention the bad landings that can send cars completely in the wrong direction and feel unnatural and wrong.

I think there is a new physics team at work there now, who have no clue what they are doing. Turning the few good driving cars into nightmares as well, including the Lamborghini Veneno. So maybe good for an Arcade based game, but they can do a better job. A much better job than they do now. And i know about the disputes between Fergus and Tixier.... :mrgreen:

Rant over

Back O/T

TDU3 will most likely have the WRC handling model, which is awesome. Rally physics can be easily tuned and tweaked for road and race cars alike. And already have the various different surfaces and road bump interactions embedded.

I really hope there will be multiple locations, either at launch or through DLC. And maybe one of them will be Oahu. For some reason that always appealed to many and should be a TDU classic destination. :twocents-02cents:

This "leak" was the first time Brasil was mentioned. South America is a great continent to explore and so far not so often used in Racing Games. An island like Cuba would be more obvious. Brasil is still covered for a large part with rain forests.
Big maps require massive amounts of content and events. Maybe size does not always matter, or does it?
If it turns into a contest who has the bigger one between IT and Kylotonn, Lyon might become a small town quickly.

I do believe these devs talk with their colleagues. But as a project manager, i would not be too happy with too many leaks. Developers have an even more rigid NDA than you might think and can be fired on the spot for spilling too many beans.
On the other hand, it can be a part of a deliberate creation of rumors. To feed the community and throw us some bones.

Where there is smoke, there is fire :angry-extinguishflame:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
AlexVII
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

AlexVII
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I think we have to be a little sceptical about pictures like this, wile textures like this may end up in the game we have got to remember guys like this post textures like this all the time as a way of showing what they can do, it's his job.

But thanks for the post and welcome to the forum. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
AlexVII
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Bez wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:07 am I think we have to be a little sceptical about pictures like this, wile textures like this may end up in the game we have got to remember guys like this post textures like this all the time as a way of showing what they can do, it's his job.

But thanks for the post and welcome to the forum. :rightthumbup:
Yeah true, I said that in the video. It still could be a pretty high chance as I doubt him designing a beach for fun (considering TDU3 is exotic) would just be something for personal use or be used towards something for personal use! It still shows the level of detail he is capable of!

Also thanks for the welcome :)
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Return to “Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown”