TDU2 Connection Setup

Need Help with TDU2 Ask Here
Ekythump
New Starter
New Starter

Hey guys.

I've been googling for days and can't find anything, and as people know the TDU2 forums are down so out of luck there and I ran into this site so hoping some guru here can help :)

I've been playing TDU2 from release myself and have recently bought the game for my kids so we can all drive around and they can enjoy themselves ramming daddy off the road. The problem I have is that when one person is logged on they can play fine online, no issues. The moment another person connects it'll kick the first player off the servers, can't remember the message it gives you when it does, something along the lines of TDU2 could not find the servers.

Anyone got any ideas. I remember this being an issue a while ago on the TDU2 forums but can't remember what people suggested to do to fix the issue.

Thanks
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Hi welcome :D

First what platform are you playing it on.

I've also read about this problem in the past, I think it's something to do with the fact your both connecting with the same IP address or something along those lines.

I used to play online with two people who conected from two PCs at the same house so it can be done, will look into it unless someone gets back first with an answer. :auto-swerve:
Image Image
Ekythump
New Starter
New Starter

Sorry ..should have mentioned it.

All on PCs.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This has to do with playing from the same address and connection. TDU2 is very bandwidth hungry and this issue has been addressed many times to the devs and Atari. But no fix. I tried this myself too a couple of times. With 2 separate licenses from different PC's. Only time i got it working the other car was bouncing all over the screen. But usually you wont even connect to the others at all. Only way to make this work is to play from a different location and IP. Unfortunately there is no LAN or direct PC option in this game so you can not connect to the others directly.

Mattlab has promised to look into it, but that was a long time ago and with Atari running out of steam i wouldn't expect this to be fixed.

:character-blues:

PS Unless you have a fast corporate network or fiber connection. Than you probably will get it to work.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok I've checked around a bit and I think it's like MadManCK says it cant be done unless you have 2 Internet lines, that must of been the way my 2 friends played ( although they live in South Africa, might of had a different set ) :(

Unless someone knows better :?:
Image Image
Ekythump
New Starter
New Starter

Sucks a bit that.

Kind of defeats some of the purpose of the game.
foldschool
New Starter
New Starter

In normal m.o.o.r multi, best is; open router ports 8889main, 3478uplaunch and you get 'Open fullcone'.
But for between 2 pc's same location Lan play; go to router firewall rules page and uncheck the 8889main for both pc's
leave 3478uplaunch checked for both. Now you get 'Port restricted moderate' and can play lan okay.
hope this helps you.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

foldschool wrote:In normal m.o.o.r multi, best is; open router ports 8889main, 3478uplaunch and you get 'Open fullcone'.
But for between 2 pc's same location Lan play; go to router firewall rules page and uncheck the 8889main for both pc's
leave 3478uplaunch checked for both. Now you get 'Port restricted moderate' and can play lan okay.
hope this helps you.
Thanks for that I will pass it on :text-+1:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

foldschool wrote:In normal m.o.o.r multi, best is; open router ports 8889main, 3478uplaunch and you get 'Open fullcone'.
hope this helps you.
Only time i got it to work was with one account with the 8889 open and the other was unavailable anyway (cant use both pcs with the same port on this modem). But you still need a fast connection to make it work and switch off all other internet activity.
I don't think i ever tried with both accounts port 8889 disabled. I will give that a go for sure. This is one of the few games where you will need to manually configure your ports to make it work online, lol. Eden Logic, what else :loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Ekythump
New Starter
New Starter

I'm going to give it a go today. And I have a pretty fast cable connection so hopefuly won't be to bad.

Return to “General TDU2 Help”