Re: Latest Infomation on The Crew

BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

As some players inuited with "King of Mayhem" title, we have the first demolition derby trailer :party:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Now this could be interesting if done right. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This only confirms that Crew2 is more and more a game for n00bs and rammers. :roll:

Man, i want TDU3 so badly. :violin:

They will never match Wreckfest or other dedicated demolition derby games. It will be another half arsed attempt with weird consensus decisions, that will never lead to an enjoyful game. Just like adding cops to Crew1 ruined the game experience there.

:angry-banghead:

They are like the worst chefs ever. Having all the expensive ingredients, but letting it burn every time. :twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I posted this comment under that YT video. They had it coming. :mrgreen:
This only confirms The Crew has become a game for n00bs and rammers. Too bad really, as it had a lot of potential. The IT dev team has more mood swings than a teenage girl in the spring. They do not know what they want and take a bit of everything to determine who they want to be in the game world.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

It's sad to say but I find Forza Horizon 4 ( FH3 too) the true TDU series successor until TDU3 comes out. I mean, I have FH3 and most of the things on that game brings me back memories from TDU1 and 2.
Now this pseudo TDU dev team only are focused in add new things instead of fix the already disciplines or expand them.
The phrase "Jack of all trades Master of none" applies 100% on this game. We have in spanish some kind of sentence very similar: "Quien mucho abarca, poco aprieta" ("Whoever takes a lot of space, the less he tightens up" Google translator)
Also I find that the only "popular" youtubers on this genre that have balls to blame IT of their strategy are StraightUpHippo and CraptasticJack but IT seems to ignore them.
I'm really thinking to pass to FH4 when winter sales comes up.

My little rant :roll:
MadManCK wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:27 am I posted this comment under that YT video. They had it coming. :mrgreen:
This only confirms The Crew has become a game for n00bs and rammers. Too bad really, as it had a lot of potential. The IT dev team has more mood swings than a teenage girl in the spring. They do not know what they want and take a bit of everything to determine who they want to be in the game world.
I gave a big like to that comment, at least with enough of them we can make it visible to Ubi/IT :party:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

BATA_MANTA wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:35 am
The phrase "Jack of all trades Master of none" applies 100% on this game.
Funny you should say that i posted this on twitter way back in June 2017. :mrgreen: :D
Image Image
DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Vehicle Drop January 2019

Cruising is not a crime
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

DonnieBrasco wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:05 pm Vehicle Drop January 2019

They should really make a bigger effort in releasing cool cars people actually want (vote?).
Only cool Merc SUV is the G wagon IMO. I don't even know what that thing is, but it looks very unappealing to me.
2 cars is already a very poor deal and if that is a reference of what is to come in 2019, i'm unimpressed. :facepalm:

DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

This Mercedes is the aweful policecar you got for free with Calling all Units. The M6 is actually cool, but the wrong spec. For the streetspec it would be better.

Players are already complaining that they bring only european cars with the vehicle drop. No american or asian cars until now (except for the worst vehicle drop so far - the drift-Skyline). I guess IvoryTower has some kind of deal with these manufacturers.
Cruising is not a crime
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

DonnieBrasco wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:14 pm IvoryTower has some kind of deal with these manufacturers.
They do. By default with car licenses. But if a deal like that involves a car maker deciding what car to bring in the game through DLC, it is a very bad one. A brand like Mercedes has so many cool cars in their current line-up and especially from the past. So adding a bad selling model in a game to boost sales is really a bad idea. The influence car makers have on actual content should be minimized.

I always liked the attitude of Alois Ruf, who handed out licenses to his car company for free, as long as his cars were performing good in the game and could compete for wins with others. For him it was free publicity as well.

But US car brands have so many cool classics and tuner cars, it is a waste not to use those. Especially considering this game is situated in the US. And the USA is a big market for UbiSoft as well... :doh:

The other side of the story is that IT actually fixes bugs and releases new content on a regular basis, where others release a game, patch it twice and run with the money.

For now, it appears that the whole approach towards the driving has been changed in favor of racing. PvP has come with a bunch of game tweaks, including better (more real?) physics, better visuals for racing (less real) and measures to avoid wall bouncing and rail riding. This all improves the racing, but why not do that from the start? Many players were already attuned to the NFS type gameplay and are now complaining, lol. Lets hope they won't listen to that type of CS feedback this time.

Bikes vs Cars is a big fail IMO and more dedicated bike races should be made. Matching car and bike physics will never work out with a satisfying result and they IT devs should know that by now.

:twocents-02cents:

Return to “The Crew 2”