The Crew 2 - Beta Testing

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nothing new again, i feel extremely bored with this game.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:02 pm Nothing new again, i feel extremely bored with this game.
This Open Beta has extended content. Drift events for example. Also a lot more races than during alpha and closed beta events.
The full game has a lot more content as well.

I played 1 hour and unlocked all base events and starter vehicles. I think it is the most clever way to approach this game. With each event unlocked, you level up a lot faster. Also new modes and classes will become available.

The full game will probably take one full weekend to unlock all events. Including the Live events where you switch vehicle types during the race.

From single player POV it is certainly not boring at all. Multiplayer probably a little, as not all content is ready yet. PVP and Challenge editor are badly needed and a lot of testers have addressed their concerns over the lack of multiplayer options.
Like Crew1, The Crew2 is less social than TDU. Still only 4 man Crews and a way too complicated chat box.
For me the absence of a challenge editor is a real letdown. Especially with our DT-Racing challenges in mind.

Right now your only opponent is yourself and the leaderboard. And i have seen some "unrealistic" scores already... :roll:

Next week the full game will be released and the real verdict can be given. I think it will be entertaining enough to spend some hours and keep the adrenalin levels at defcon 1.

I still have not used a steering wheel at all. 4Y old MS X360, slightly worn still does the job during these betas. Flying shows its age as the plane can make silly moves due to inconsistency.

Maybe i will grab a brand new controller for this game. But with races i'm mediocre with a controller. But i do not feel the need to setup my bucket seat every time i start Crew2.

As paintwork can not be saved to the real game, i do not waste my time creating custom stickers yet. I will wait until the full game gets released, so you can save your progress, cars and artwork.

These beta tests can be used to try a lot of different vehicles to see which ones are best at various disciplines. But remember with higher tuning levels, things change quickly and other cars boats and planes will become favorites.

Best street racer starter car is probably the Audi, but i keep taking the Mustang :P
Only other discipline where you can choose is drifting. RX7 remains king. Tuning has not always the wanted effect.

And the default setting for controllers is not good for drifting. Again. Too slow indirect reactions kill immersion and fun.
You should not have to alter base setitngs to be able to do simple drifts. For entry street and off road racing the basic controller setting is good enough out of the box. Same for flying and boating :mrgreen:

If any of you have tested multiple cars, boats and planes and want to share your favorites, please be my guest and spill the beans. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:rightthumbup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmmm okay, guess there is something to do after all.
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Just tried the xbox version must say runs well somehow I have the feel some races are easier maybe because 30 fps?

edit get the impression they've nerved the difficulty in general somewhat
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:27 pm From single player POV it is certainly not boring at all. Multiplayer probably a little, as not all content is ready yet. PVP and Challenge editor are badly needed and a lot of testers have addressed their concerns over the lack of multiplayer options.
Like Crew1, The Crew2 is less social than TDU. Still only 4 man Crews and a way too complicated chat box.
Yeah that is my biggest concern since we talked about the game with the devs in Lyon. They really underestimated the importance of some things. At least it looked like we tought them some stuff and they learned. How much it really was, we will see until the end of the year.
MadManCK wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:27 pm ...For me the absence of a challenge editor is a real letdown. Especially with our DT-Racing challenges in mind...
...Right now your only opponent is yourself and the leaderboard. And i have seen some "unrealistic" scores already...
Maybe to get the ball rolling again we can take some storymissions at the beginning for the DT-challenges. The AI should not really be that much of a disturbing factor. With a fully upgraded car they stand no chance anyway.
MadManCK wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:27 pm I still have not used a steering wheel at all. 4Y old MS X360, slightly worn still does the job during these betas. Flying shows its age as the plane can make silly moves due to inconsistency. Maybe i will grab a brand new controller for this game.
Of which controller are you thinking? I have also only a several years old 360-controller that feels as sloppy as most of the driftcars in TC1. :D For instance i have big problems to fly the planes precise enough. During the 8 times i played the tutorials in the TTS, alphas and betas i had more than once a problem to to a looping with it (as most memorable example).

I was thinking to buy an XBox Elite Controller, because i heard they are the most precise of all. But then i saw they cost about 140 Euro if you buy a new one. That is just too much for a device i'm arguably using only for the planes. Maybe i'm grapping a regular XBoxOne-Controller for around 40 Euro, but i'm not sure that i will get along with it. Especially the stearing with those 360°-turnable sticks is sometimes pretty annoying.
MadManCK wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:27 pm As paintwork can not be saved to the real game, i do not waste my time creating custom stickers yet. I will wait until the full game gets released, so you can save your progress, cars and artwork.

These beta tests can be used to try a lot of different vehicles to see which ones are best at various disciplines. But remember with higher tuning levels, things change quickly and other cars boats and planes will become favorites.
I wont do that much this weekend in the open beta. Most likely i will only start it to grap the golden helmet as i'm an Item-hunter in evey game i play. ;) On tuesday i can play the full game anyway.
MadManCK wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:27 pm Best street racer starter car is probably the Audi, but i keep taking the Mustang :P
Only other discipline where you can choose is drifting. RX7 remains king. Tuning has not always the wanted effect. If any of you have tested multiple cars, boats and planes and want to share your favorites, please be my guest and spill the beans.
For me the Mustang is also the one and only startercar. ;) I know the Audi is the most OP of the three and arugably has the best sound of them, but the driving is not that challenging. Other streetcars i tested so far are the Audi R8 (great car), the Porsches (in every category), the Focus 2016 Street (badass sound) and a couple more. I will most likely go first for the cars that are not in The Crew 1 in the full game, just to test them all. So far i wasn't disappointed with that tactic.

Because of the reward-program, the pre-order-bonuses, the season pass and the free tutorial cars you will have around 30 cars/bikes/boats/planes anyway right at the start of the full game. But one thing is for sure: As "startercar" i will take the '93 Porsche in the full game. ;)
Cruising is not a crime
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I was indeed considering grabbing the XB1 Elite, but have the same concerns about its ridiculous price tag :mrgreen:
And especially the inverted loops end up different than you want in my case. I still enjoy the flying though. And the X360 is virtually indestructible.

The dev team does listen to community feedback and especially to influencers. About 99% of my personal feedback has made it to Crew1 or Crew2 eventually. :shock:
But in the end, they decide what is good for their game and are now also in submission to their Ubi Overlords.

The Porsche 964 is one of the real useful bonus vehicles IMO and will be my Street racing starter car as well.

This Open Beta seems to run well, even if i think they simplified some graphic settings even more to make it run smoother on lower end machines.

My main focus will be on next weeks launch. With the 3 days early access i will have my weapons sharpened before the mainstream posse joins the game.

:party:

PS Using some of the storyline races as a Challenge might be a good suggestion.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

I have an elite controller yes it is a high price, but god it's a good controller

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I might grab one or two of them than. Driving and boating will be best with a wheel anyway.
But for flying, a quick switch to controller might be best. 8-)

And i still have to finish my rig :angry-banghead:

I once had an idea for a sim rig for both flying and racing. Maybe one day i will build a device like that.
Probably based on Vesaro, as they provide the best looking (IMO) sim rig right now. But with a custom Recaro adjustable leather seat :D

https://www.vesaro.com/store/pc/Home.asp

:party:

SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Just reading the open beta forums ... well it seems some are not happy with it.

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The left stick gets damaged super easily when playing racing games so the XB1 Elite nice as it is just be careful as i'm on my second controller and it is also broken and i can not be arsed to get it fixed and the warranty runs out in a few days, so playing with a controller with some play in the left stick before it picks up movement, and the stick has collapsed into the controller so it can be moved up and down, some really shitty quality parts was used on this "Elite controller".

Only controller i have had that has survived is my old wireless XB 360 controller that saw me through TDU2.

But you can play using they paddles under the controller and use them for the gears changes, as IvoryTower moved the gear shifts to the RB1 and LB1 so you can just map the controller to use those keys for the paddles. And it works well, but for heated racing the Autogearbox shifts better as there is so many unforseen turns in The Crew 2 you never really know where the next turn takes you, and on some cars the gearboxes are slow and clunky so it takes a long time to go up and down gears.

Also disappointing that the rumble motors in the triggers doesn't work with the game - yet, if at all.

Return to “The Crew 2”