its just the second level after rookie > Popular
wich give ya acces to Drift, Touring, Jetboat and Motorcross
no GP, Raceplane, Rallycross or Monstertruck
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The Grand Prize is a real life Harley and only for US Citizens. That makes more sense. Even if i'm not amused about other countries not getting a big prize opportunity.
Play the Open Beta and reach at least fame level 2 for your chance to win a
real life Harley Davidson® Iron 883™!
The Open Beta starts June 21, 1 AM PST until June 25 1 AM PST.
Eligibility: US citizens 18 years or older
No Purchase or Participation Necessary to enter. Void where prohibited.
https://static2.cdn.ubi.com/thecrew2/ob ... 060718.pdf

:spy:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

I will keep my energy for the final game to which i get access to one day after the open beta ends.

I maybe think twice about downloading it and starting it at least once, because you never know what they come up with afterwards when it comes to "you get this or that because you played the open beta" (as i'm a collector). But i won't spend hours again in playing a "demoversion" and giving again feedback about wrong and/or missing stuff which gets overlooked.

They did not even change or impliment the smallest things we talked about in Lyon. (e. g. When they asked us what has to be in the game at release or what has to be changed at release, one of the two things i said was i'd like to have the Hellcat Challenger with 6-speed-transmission and not this shitty 8-gears-crap - and they said fine/ok. I do not see this ever being changed.)
Cruising is not a crime
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

all Open BETA players will get the gold helmet :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :whistle:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

DonnieBrasco wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:08 pm one of the two things i said was i'd like to have the Hellcat Challenger with 6-speed-transmission and not this shitty 8-gears-crap - and they said fine/ok. I do not see this ever being changed.)
`

This might be related to the way the car manufacturer wants their car represented in the game. The 8 speed automatic is hot in the US. Even if the dev team makes requests for changes, based on feedback from influencers or even the press, they can not always execute the proposed modifications. That is, if they even asked for or considered it of course ;)

So, all testers will get a golden helmet? But no chance for a Harley outside the USA. :think:
I might try all opening races again. But i will save my energy for the 26th, when the full game gets released. 8-)

PS It is a good thing they did listen to complaints about the lack of content in previous alpha and beta tests.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

well I pre-ordered a physical de luxe edition for xbox (gold edition was sold out) and I guess if needed I can buy a season pass afterwards. Why not on pc?, because I've still doubts and they don't sell pc physical copies.
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:04 am This might be related to the way the car manufacturer wants their car represented in the game. The 8 speed automatic is hot in the US. Even if the dev team makes requests for changes, based on feedback from influencers or even the press, they can not always execute the proposed modifications. That is, if they even asked for or considered it of course ;)
But then they could have said "No, we can't change that" because of this or that. I'm pretty sure this is just lack of knowledge. Another thing which i unfortunately can not speak out loud here (NDA TTS) proves that. (I say only "Regera", maybe you remember.) It was probably only changed because a majority of testers complaint. I know that the 8-gear-transmission exists RL and it's probably hot on a normal road, but it is not the regular transmission for that beast and in an arcadegame it's the worst possible thing you can do. They honestly can not expect everyone driving f'in automatic transmission.

I was so hyped the first time i saw the Hellcat and the Liberty Walk-like tuning you have for the car, but when i actually drove it i was so deeply disappointed. This could have been easily one of my maincars in the game, but definitely not with 8 gears. I will most likely only buy it, tune it, paint it and then let it collect dust in the garage. Pretty sad, all i can say.
Cruising is not a crime
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have this shifter in my rig, but even with the T8RS, you come one gear short :lol:

Sometimes realism conflicts with gaming reality. Not a lot of players will have an 8 speed manual. :eeek:
It would be best to re-introduce the way TDU1 handled the gearbox. It selected automatic, sequential or manual, depending on how the real world car was configured. That was awesome and added to the immersion as well.

For now, the only option to drive the Hellcat, is to switch to automatic in the options, which is very easy to do, but still not what you want. It is a workaround.

The other option the dev team can consider, is to make automatic or manual an option when you buy the car. With 6 speed manual as a maximum. :idea:

DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

My problem isn't really that i can't shift with the car. With sequential shifting you can drive it.

But it's a pain in the arse to shift up and down 8 gears and you can't really drift with it, because you are either constantly in the rev-limiter or you are in way too low revs. With the 6-gear-version you can go for 3rd or 4th gear and go for the best drifts (in theory ;) ) and i would not be forced to use sequential shifting. (up to 7 gears i can use the h-shifter, since i configed it from 2nd to 7th gear and put the first on a button)
Cruising is not a crime
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Open Beta starts today.

Good luck everybody :2thumbsup:

:auto-swerve:

Return to “The Crew 2”