Nvidia RTX 20x0 Turing (Ampere)

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Need to change the name of this thread to RTX 20x0 Turing.

Mad how does your wallet feel now, has the credit card gone into hiding, are you getting a a new RTX card when they hit ?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

RTX 20X0 Turing, yes. But is is based on the Ampere Chip.

I do not feel the need for a new GFX now. I have a GTX1070 in my HTPC and a Titan Xp for my gaming rig. I wanted to exchange the HTPC one with a GTX1080Ti Mini, but prices are still above launch, even if they have dropped significantly since februari this year. Maybe i will wait for a RTX 2080 mini, as it will perform similar or better*. For now the GTX1070 works fine.

*According to Nvidia, the Turing is 6x faster than the Pascal. But i take that with a grain of salt. So far every next gen of Nvidia cards was comparible with the previous gen in SLi. We will see the benches and tests. But it should have no problems with 4K 60fps and HDR.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just got an offer from Nvidia to pre-order their top tier cards directly from the factory.
RTX 2080Ti, RTX2080 or RTX2070.

1.200$, 800$ and 500$. These are different numbers than previously announced.... :eeek:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/20-series/

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The RTX2080 is about 40% faster in 3DMk Time Spy than the GTX1080. More or less the promised 50% Nvidia claimed earlier. More test results will be revealed after 14th September, when the embargo is lifted. Better optimized games and drivers will also boost performance.

JayZTwoCents gives his 2 cents about the launch, pricing and expected performance boost.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some IGN gameplay from Battlefield. This was how Rotterdam looked, before it was completely levelled.
The reflections in puddles and pools, as well as in windows feel more natural with Ray Tracing enabled.

And unlike earlier samples, this was 1080p60fps footage.

It also shows why i do not like mouse and keyboard play style, with the shocking movement and unnatural feel to it. But it is great footage, showing the potential of the new RTX2080Ti.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It does look very good on RTX 2080 8-)

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

RTX is pretty awesome, but it will take a few years before it will be fully implemented in most new titles. By than, the next gen RTX will be able to do this in 4K and 60 fps or better.
For now, a GTX1080ti still rules the RTX2080 in most common games. So unless you want to be a pioneer with RTX and some Vulcan optimizations, you can grab the previous gen top model and be fine for the next 3 or 4 years.

Prices have gone up again for the GTX1080ti. They were under 700$ for a short while but the so called overstock is now sold at a premium again. RTX2080 is underwhelming in game performance. RTX2080ti is the new performance king, but way too steeply priced. Ngreedia has a rep to uphold, i guess. :mrgreen:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I doubt i'll see a need to upgrade until maybe next RTX21x0 series or something, and that's a big maybe, as my GTX 1070 can handle everything at 2560x1440 i need it to, so and plus i kind of want a 2560x1080 ultrawide as my next screen as i want more space on the screen, but who knows time will tell, but for now i don't care about RTX 20x0 performance much.

Return to “PC”