New Style info

Important site info
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Still using Mozilla Firefox. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:49 am Bez, the more i have been writing stuff on the forum the more i have noticed some massive imput lag when writing a reply like this. It is super annoying that the typing isn't instant that is lagging 1-2 seconds behind.

I think it could be the emotes / smilies to the right that is causing the imput lag as the ALL the damn smilies is constantly refreshing themselves.

It makes for an annoying typing experience, and if i where a new user on the forum i probably would not bother writhing anything.

But it the nice style with the dark theme does look nice, but there is still some issues, eg. the placement of uploaded images is very dark blue and you can hardly see it, if at all if you wasn't actively looking for it.
Hi mate, I'm using chrome and also have not experienced any of these problems. :o

Why are your smilies refreshing all the time that should not be happening? (and doesn't happen to me)

This sounds like something you have running in the background, i had a similar thing happen a few years back when i was using a program that remembered all of my passwords for different websites and would auto-enter them when i was on the site (just needed one master password to work it) the downside was as it was constantly checking sites wile i was on linec so it was sowing everything down wile i was typeing and surfing the web.
The placement of uploaded images is very dark blue and you can hardly see it, if at all if you wasn't actively looking for it.
I am aware of this issue and looking into changing it.
I also don't like how the icons are displayed above the post box and am looking at that also. ;)

Plus many other little things that still need sorting out but that dosnt mean i dont want members to point things out, quite the opposite i need things like this brought to my attention so i can fix them. :mrgreen:

The main problem i face is time, not enough hours in the day as on top of all this i have now been asked to design a website for the firm i work for as a go-to place for technical help on design and installing Spam and on top of that guess who has been asked to provide all of the photos and advice for the site. :roll:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Ah that blows being overloaded like that at work, hopefully no super tight deadlines, but other then that just one thing at a time.

I'll try to test out could be causing the inputlag, but as i'm writhing this now, there is no problems at all, which is odd, as i had been having lag while writing for so long, i have no idea what could have changed. I did close a website tab, but i don't know if another tab could interfere with another browser tab to make it suffer input lag, i'll try to monitor it when it happens again.

For all i know it could be Adblocker messing with these, but i whitelisted the forum so it should even run on it. :?
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:54 pm Ah that blows being overloaded like that at work, hopefully no super tight deadlines, but other then that just one thing at a time.

I'll try to test out could be causing the inputlag, but as i'm writhing this now, there is no problems at all, which is odd, as i had been having lag while writing for so long, i have no idea what could have changed. I did close a website tab, but i don't know if another tab could interfere with another browser tab to make it suffer input lag, i'll try to monitor it when it happens again.

For all i know it could be Adblocker messing with these, but i whitelisted the forum so it should even run on it. :?
Ok thanks for the feedback, let me know if the problem continues and i will try to help with a solution.

Any other issues dont hesitate to let me know (must be some i am missing :twisted: )
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:10 pmOk thanks for the feedback, let me know if the problem continues and i will try to help with a solution.

Any other issues dont hesitate to let me know (must be some i am missing :twisted: )
So like the shortcut for "Active topics" in the forum "board index bar", i have been wanting since for ever ? :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If i want to make a list, there is no [*]
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:34 pm
Bezrider wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:10 pmOk thanks for the feedback, let me know if the problem continues and i will try to help with a solution.

So like the shortcut for "Active topics" in the forum "board index bar", i have been wanting since for ever ? :mrgreen:
It is in the dropdown list under Forum on the Nav Bar, also a list of new topics are shown on the sidebar what more do you need. :o
MadManCK wrote:If i want to make a list, there is no [*]
That's an easy fix i will put it on the to-do list. ;)
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:37 pm
Beardroid91 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:34 pm

I'm lazy by nature, so i think it is stupid to have to go through a drop down menu to find an essential part of the forum.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:31 pm If i want to make a list, there is no [*]
I forgot to say, yes it is already on the post box tabs.
list.PNG
Use like this:

Code: Select all

[list]
[*]apples
[*]oranges
[*]pears
[/list]
gives you
  • apples
  • oranges
  • pears
and

[list=1]
[*]one
[*]two
[*]three
[/list]
gives
  1. one
  2. two
  3. three
or

[list=a]
[*]fisrt
[*]second
[*]third
[/list]
gives
  1. fisrt
  2. second
  3. third
;)
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I did made a list, but had to manually insert [*].

Maybe it is easier to just select part of a text and use the list function to instantly create a list, without further action.
I do know that this sometimes leads to wrong numbering etc. But it is easier to adjust that.

I see the snowflake now. :D
It must have snowed here so hard, that i missed the one up there :oops:

;)

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”