The Crew 2 Chat

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

! Message from: MadManCK
Everything Crew2 related that does not fit in the Info thread.
Someone named Outlaw, has made a Poll about the Season Pass content.
So far 100% of the voters have voted to be not satisfied with the content.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1 ... eason-pass
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

What a shock we're talking about ubisoft remember ..... well ok you get boats and planes however forza has more cars in the season pass and has a way bigger initial carlist.
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

But all M$ games, including Forza, are optimized to work with XB1 and therefore are very limited in use on PC. Especially with dedicated hardware from different brands. Like wheel/pedal combos.

But real sound recording has found its way to The Crew2 now and that is a major improvement.
Personally i really do not care about a 500 car list. GT on PS4 had many "clones" or lower quality models.
I prefer quality over quantity, when it comes to in game cars and other vehicles.

There is a reason for the limited number of cars. All cars need to be prepared for customizing, including all body modification options, coloring, sticking and wheels and tires.
In addition to that, there are the damage models, deformations, scratches, dents, mud, sand and other dirt textures.

And then there are the sounds, physics, tuning parts, different specs and optimizing processes.

These have all to go through an extensive scrutinizing process with the car manufacturers. Sometimes it takes up to 6 months to complete a single car model for the game. At least that is what the lead car modeler at IT told me.

And you sometimes see the results of the interference from car manufacturers. Like limited sticker or no sticker options, factory paint only, no visible damage in some games etc.

I still think the TDU1 car list and especially the car pack DLC was the best. Compared to the measly 2 cars a month Crew 2 will crank out every month. And no real exclusives for Crew2 Season Pass holders. :roll:

But lets see what they come up with first :party:

I really need to finish my racing rig. :eeek:

:spy:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

The crew 2 gets a hell of competition Just seen the trailer of Forza Horizon 4 .... setting Great Britain, seasons (as in all 4 seasons), bikes, cars, buggies, hovercrafts ......

have a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmQNo8xtcAg
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

I don't think the bikes are something that the player gets to use in Horizon 4. They are probably just for use by the AI in one of their crazy races. But that would be pretty big for Forza if they do have bikes now. Apparently you can buy houses and customize your character in Horizon 4 though.

Horizon was always going to out-sell The Crew 2, but I feel like TC2 might be able to chip away some of Forza's player base with its giant map, more gameplay options, and some good customization tools.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe that discussion can take place in a Forza4 dedicated thread? :think:

;)

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

:think: Not so sure about this one, i was super hyped when it was announced that it was set in Great Britain but after looking at the video i didn't see any recognisable landmarks and very little inner city driving so now not so hyped. :(

I think i need to wait and see more before i make a judgement on this one but at the moment The Crew 2 is ahead. ;)
Moved this to the Horizon 4 forum.
Image Image
BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

I just reserved The Crew 2 Standard Edition. Applying the 20% discount with 100 Uplay points the price lowers to 47,99€. I think it's a good deal
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol sold my old black and white CableMod full cable kit for my EVGA SuperNova G2 750w PSU, and apparently people got into a bidding war and i LIKE IT :mrgreen:

So now i can buy The Crew 2, but the grinding version, i want to grind my cars and have them mean something and not just get everything unlocked.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:25 pm

So now i can buy The Crew 2, but the grinding version
Might be the best option anyway, as most bonus content is just time exclusive and only 3 real vehicles are Gold Edition exclusive. And a season pass can always be bought seperately, if new content proves to be worth it.

As usual i have bitten the bait, Ubi lured before our faces. :mrgreen:

Return to “The Crew 2”