The Crew 2 Chat

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Another comparison video. Crew1 vs Crew Wild Run vs Crew2. IMO Wild Run has the best visuals in these examples. :shock:
Maybe Crew2 has better lighting, but because of that it is sometimes hard to see where to go and the overall orientation is less than Wild Run. Also because of a different choice in road side objects and dumbing down on unique buildings, statues and some textures.

Wild Run with Crew2 lighting and water would be the bomb, but probably too heavy for the consoles. :twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well Icon grinders are spotted already some dip.... making reverse donuts on the saltflats hours without end. Btw some very strange parts behavior some brakes give certain cars 220 hp extra want those irl ....
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

SpeedFreak.be wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:52 pm Btw some very strange parts behavior some brakes give certain cars 220 hp extra want those irl ....
Maybe they have some kind of kers system on brake calipers :woot:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Must be those magical parts Renault is missing in their F1 engines :whistle:

Only thing really bad about Crew2 is the slow reaction speed of control input. Serious lagging there.
I like swift, smooth, direct response, to get the most out of my games. And for wheel support that is crucial as well.
It appears they made the same basic mistake as in Crew1, where controller input was very good during testing, but was ruined before release. Dumbed down without the option to create a nice setting to your liking.
When the base is not good, all the tweak settings do not really matter. IMO they should remove the stupid filter over the MS controller input. Without it, it is 10x better to drive and much more enjoyable.

:twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

don't get the controller settings either I mean how hard can it be it's not that xbox controllers are rare or something.

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

wow not good the crew scored 63/100 on metacritic http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-crew-2

seen this is ubisoft such a low score could have consequences for support .... it wouldn't be the first time, but we'll see

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Based on 13 critics..

Worse is the 5.2 rating from 72 users. Not every user is voting of course and those who do, might be a little more critical than others, who just play and enjoy the game.

Crew2 is enjoyable, but could be much more.

Biggest mistake is the lack of real multiplayer content in a multiplayer game at release. :shock:
Deadly and game breaking. Also plain stupid from a content perspective. Maybe they got their priorities wrong there.

I will continue to enjoy the Crew2, but not on a daily base. And i only play casual as both control input and game mechanics do not allow for more serious gaming. Lagging input kills it for me and the lack of proper wheel support only confirms their priority. Add tot that the same mistakes as in Crew1 with wall riding and back on track advantage and you can see why the more serious gamers are scared away from The Crew2.

They got all the ingredients, but they need a "Gordon Ramsey" character to wake them up.
I won't be that person anymore. But here a few hints;
Overcooked, overdone, sloppy mistakes, avoidable mistakes, too much control freaks (no challenge editor or real control customizing), no real social factor in a social game, no team play, broken game mechanics (loot) and selling under the table (DLC on release disc is still considered lame by a lot of gamers).

I do hope they will get it right eventually, but i'm afraid it will take more than 6 months to fix. And i doubt the community has that much patience. Especially with competitors lurking around the corner to take over the fortress.

Add to that the new community manager with an attitude problem, who focuses too much on questionable Youtubers and forgets about the "real" community. :roll:

Rants are great for stress relief management :twocents-02cents:

BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:53 pm Add to that the new community manager with an attitude problem, who focuses too much on questionable Youtubers and forgets about the "real" community. :roll:
Maybe that's their way to listen the comunity, I hope I'm wrong.

I don't see the team that they claim that developed TDU1.
Just like you said earlier, the game at this point is to play it 2 or 3 times peer week or it' ll get you bored with the lack of multiplayer or social content.
And my question is: Should I keep my confidence on this team to finish this game? I have the feel that we are still on technical test phase :(
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

well and if it is 6 months a large player base is gone to forza horizon 4 :twocents-02cents:

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

I have nothing to add to your opinions or better said i can not disagree.

Until they fixed the three major problems, that keep me personal from playing this game at the moment i don't start it again unless a friend asks me to help ingame with something where i do not collide with these three problems.

No. 1 - and most important to me, because with it this game stands and falls to me: Wheelsupport - Yeah i drove a little bit with my old xbox-controller and it was a better feeling to me than driving with the same pad in The Crew. But what do i know about driving with controller. It's something i usually not do, because i can't enjoy the driving with it. It's just not the same as with a wheel to me. But maybe my personal approach is too high in this case. I don't know.

No. 2 - the ginding - I never liked senseless grinding, in fact i hate it. That's why i unlocked all needed performanceparts in TC1 and afterwards i only bought them to upgrade my cars. And everyone who says the grinding in TC2 is less than in TC1 is damn wrong. It might have been the case compared to the times when they introduced the "smart loot system" with Wild Run, but by the time and years it got more userfriendly again.

I remember at the beginning of this year i tested it again, when we had one of our community-challenges here and i decided to drive with my seconds profile. There i needed to upgrade a couple of cars (e. g. Monstertrucks). I did that with a simple jumpskill in around 15 minutes (749 to 1497).

And now i need around 5 to 10 hours to upgrade a streetcar to around 280 and still have only useless greenparts and nearly zero chance to get the good pink parts. In fact i can confirm what Luny motivated to start the thread in the official forum. On saturday i did around 10 races, while i tried again to get some at least driveable wheelsettings. During those 10 races i got only parts that were lower than i got in my most upgraded streetcar - frustration pure. And when i hear that even players who already reached around 200 icon-levels more than me (and have way more perks set for better loot) have the same problem, it demotivates me even more to try again.

No. 3 - the halfbaked stickershop - Yeah you can do some stuff with it, but being really creative is not possible. I planned on spending the time i do not drive at the moment in the stickershop and produce a lot of paintjobs for myself, our club, our friends and the hole community until i they fix the points above. But nope...we can paint a dozen cars out of 200 until we reach the limit. And on top of that we don't even have enough layers to be creative on one car and you do not even earn a dime by sharing the paintjobs. So i do not even start with this, to prevent another deep demotivation.

Beside that you can not really do that much in the game anyway. In fact, if you are ambitious and take it on, you can finish the hole campaigne in less than two days. But thats just a footnote to me and i could arguably live with that, if i would be able to drive like i'm usually able to. I would spend hours and hours to hunt some records or just go for a smooth cruise with my friends...but enough, before i never stop writing.

...what did Madman wrote above? "Rants are great for stress relief management" ...confirmed! ;)

...oh and yeah... just my :twocents-02cents:
Cruising is not a crime

Return to “The Crew 2”