first impression full game

DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

good: grapics look a bit better than in the last tests
bad: and this is way more important - the game is unplayable with wheel at the moment

I turned the game instantly off after absolving the tutorials and seeing nothing was changed. Tomorrow i will try out some more adjustments, playing a little bit around with the profiler and the few useless ingamesettings, but if i do not find some settings that can be considered playable i wont touch it again until they improved the wheelsupport like it should be.

I don't know why they did not just port the wheelsupport-data from TC1. That's a thing i just don't get into my head. It was fine in TC1, you were able to adjust the wheel pretty precise and now it looks like wheelusers are the unwanted stepchildren. (it has the taste of "we throw the dog a bone, but we don't want to know if it tastes good or not")
Cruising is not a crime
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

and there's a chance you'll have to wait for a fix till the official release. :doh:
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The Crew2 is more a controller game anyway IMO.

I played for about 1 Hour, unlocked all the base events and am now proud owner of about 33 vehicles :woot:

It was fun to play for most of the time. There are some seriously good cars there to do the post opening races, but Ai does adapt a bit to your performance.

Most disappointing so far is that the headlights are not fixed. Racing in the dark is totally pointless, as you have no clue where to go most of the time. That should be fixed and has been addressed multiple times during the test phases of this game.
:angry-banghead:

For the rest the graphics looked good and it appears that the recent Open Beta was based on some early alpha game and was only to stress test servers.

Basic controller setup is OK. The real test will be to drift with it.

Thanks to the massive amount of cars, i can virtually do about every event in the game at once. So my buying tactics will be different this time.
Among the cars are some of the best in their class cars, like the Focus Rallye Cross and the Mazda RX7 drift car.

Maybe this bonus content was a bit over the top, but unlocking all Crew2 cars by doing Crew1 achievements certainly paid off. In addition to that are the pre order bonus cars and the Gold Edition content.

The exclusive house is located in LA, but the interior seems similar to the Miami house. Maybe some different textures. I like the location though.

The final Ai tweaks are also good IMO. They do give you a run for your money and mistakes are punished. For some reason they do hold back in lap 2 of the Rookie races. Maybe to give everybody a chance to win these events in the early stages of Crew2.

I have not tried any customization yet, only performance parts. And i had to quit the game due to night time being a waste of time. I did some flying events at night, but eventually quit.

The lack of proper wheel support is a slap in the face of the more serious racers. Eventually they will get that right, but it should have been functional during the test phases of this game.

For some reasons the sounds appeared to have less "character" than before. Where they where bragging about using real recordings, i could not recognize the true sounds of some of the cars i have been driving. Incl Porsche 360 Turbo, Mercedes AMG GTR. Only the introduction GT3 sounded like a real Porsche to me. And i did not change any sound settings.
Maybe they had to apply a filter to avoid hearing damage during longer runs with certain cars, but i prefer more realism with car sounds. I had the feeling being in some Barber Shop at times... :roll:

The whole game ran smooth and there were no hickups zooming in and out on the map, like in certain tests.
Crew2 appears to run stable at release. At least i had no CTD or serious bugs. So kudos for that.

And now fix those damn headlights. :angry-tappingfoot:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Moominpappa
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

At start feelings was same than Bonnie - playing with wheel was absolutely impossible. No FF in middle and no touch for driving. Then game crashed and when started again my G29 works well and I could enjoy playing.

The game seems run nice even my PC is under minimum (both CPU and GPU). Well two crash today, first one was during free drive and second when I was just started MB offroad race.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Moominpappa wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 am feelings was same than Bonnie
I think last time Donnie was called Bonnie, was when he was dressed up as a girl and tried to escape the lawmen with Clyde.
:loll:

So the wheel fail has been confirmed. :roll:

I have to make some space to setup my bucket seat, but will only do if i know i can use my wheel. For now, leveling up will be good with a controller. Serious racing can only be done when all have the same tuning levels. This means everybody needs max tuning. It is what it is.

These CTD's can be because of the amount of RAM needed. Considering the Crew2 runs on XB1 (early editions as well) most decent game PC's should handle it. Adding some more RAM is the easy and cheap fix. But a better GFX is always advisable.

What are your specs now?
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Moominpappa wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 am feelings was same than Bonnie
MadManCK wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:52 am I think last time Donnie was called Bonnie, was when he was dressed up as a girl and tried to escape the lawmen with Clyde.
:loll:
:2thumbsup: Yap...i was an OG-girl and reincarnated as an FBI-agent to infiltrate the mob. :loll: Good one, puts a big smile on my face after the disappointing start last night. :rightthumbup:
MadManCK wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:52 am So the wheel fail has been confirmed. :roll:
I'm going to test some more settingchanges later on, but if that shows no noticable change i'm out until they fixed it...unfortunately. I have no intention to start playing again with pad or controller. The weird thing is that they seem to support the Thrustmater-wheels pretty well. Dog and Ash had no noticable issues, they said.
Cruising is not a crime
Moominpappa
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Oh Bonnie Donnie :loll: Sorry about that.

Seems that my game crash every time when there is ghost. No mater what I am doing jump skill or some time attack - crash after few seconds from start. This makes my playing much more hard.
Moominpappa
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

MadManCK wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:52 am These CTD's can be because of the amount of RAM needed. Considering the Crew2 runs on XB1 (early editions as well) most decent game PC's should handle it. Adding some more RAM is the easy and cheap fix. But a better GFX is always advisable.

What are your specs now?
My CPU is i3-3220 3.30GHz
and GPU is Radeon HD 7800 series (perhaps 7850) 850 MHz and 2GB memory
8GB RAM

I am now played few hours and typical fps is between 30 - 40 :o Video settings seems to be mid (I am not changed any of them) and resolution is 1920x1080 full screen (LG Flatron E2711)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Sounds like it is a good release then, for controller users anyway.

Any of you regret buying the Gold version and now not having anything to grind?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:49 pm

Any of you regret buying the Gold version and now not having anything to grind?
I do not regret getting the gold edition, despite the lame Season Pass bonus content so far.
The amount of cars, boats and planes in my garage, is simply enough to play the game without having to buy anything. Maybe an F1 car or a faster street racer at some point.
Needless to say i have not bought a single vehicle so far in the game. :lol:

But it is a strange way to start a new game for sure. :mrgreen:

Return to “The Crew 2”