Favourite Car by Class

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
Xlthuathopec
Rookie
Rookie

This was a good one from the old forums before they got wiped, list your favourite car(s) by class!

A1
Ariel Atom 300
Ariel Atom 500
Ascari A10 - 2
Aston Martin One-77 - 1
Bugatti Veyron 16.4/Grand Sport
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Sang Bleu
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Centenaire
Bugatti Veyron SS - 2
Ferrari 599XX - 1
Ferrari 599 GTO
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari FXX Evoluzione - 2
Gumpert Apollo S
Koenigsegg CCXR
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren Stirling Moss
Pagani Zonda F/Roadster
Pagani Zonda Cinque - 3
Pagani Zonda Tricolore
RUF Rt12 - 2

A2
Ascari KZ1R
Aston Martin V12 Vantage/Carbon Black - 1
Audi R8 V10 5.2 FSI - 1
Audi R8 V10 5.2 FSI Spyder
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 - 1
Dodge Viper SRT-10
Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR - 1
Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano/China Edition
Ferrari F430 Scuderia
Ferrari F430 Scuderia Spyder 16M
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ginetta F400
Mercedes Benz 722 SLR Roadster
Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG Black - 2
Mercedes Benz SLS AMG
Nissan GT-R - 1
Pagani Zonda C12S Roadster - 3
RUF RGT - 1
RUF Rturbo - 2
Spyker C12 Zagato -1
TVR Sagaris

A3

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione Spyder
Aston Martin DBS/Carbon Black - 1
Caterham CSR 260 - 2
Ferrari 612 Scaglietti/Sessenta
Ferrari California - 3
Lotus 2-11
Mercedes Benz CLK 63 AMG Black - 1
RUF RK Spyder - 1
Spyker C8 Aileron Spyder - 4

A4

Aston Martin DB9
Aston Martin DB9 Volante
Aston Martin V8 Vantage - 1
Audi RS6 Avant - 2
Caterham Superlight R500 - 2
Chevrolet Camaro 2SS - 1
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 - 1
Jaguar XKR/Speed & Black Pack - 2
Wiesmann MF3 Roadster - 1

A5

Audi RS5 Coupe - 5
Audi S5 Coupe - 2
Audi TT RS Roadster
Dodge Charger SRT8
Ford Mustang GT
Lotus Evora
Mercedes Benz SLK 55 AMG - 2

A6

Audi S3 -2
Audi TTs Coupe - 1
Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
Chevrolet Camaro Synergy Edition - 2
Nissan 370z/Optional - 1
Subaru Impreza WRX STi - 4

A7

Alfa Romeo Brera Italia - 2
Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde - 4
Volkswagen Golf GTI - 2

B2

Buggy V8 - 1
Lancia Stratos Groupe 4 - 5

B3

Audi Q7 V12 TDI/Inuit - 2
Mercedes Benz ML63 AMG -3
Spyker D8 Peking to Paris - 3

B4

Hummer H1
Ranger Rover Sport HSE - 5
Volkswagen Tourag V10 TDI - 3

C1

Ferrari F40 - 4

C2

AC Cobra 427 - 1
Ferrari 250GTO - 1
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe - 3

C3

Chevrolet Corvette C1 - 1
Dodge Charger RT 1957 - 1
Ferrari 308 GTS Quattrovalvole - 4
Ferrari Dino 246 GTS - 1
Jaguar D-Type - 2
Jaguar E-Type Coupe
Mercedes Benz 300 SL Gullwing - 1

C4

Citroen 2CV - 1
Ford Mustang Fastback 302CiD
Lancia Delta Coupe - 6
Lotus Esprit S3 - 1
Volkswagen Beetle - 2

For me, it goes like this.

A1 - Pagani Zonda Cinique - This thing is perfect! It sounds excellent, looks the buisness, and has the agility of a cat, with grip to match. 249mph is seen off remarkably quick too, and for good measure the handling is sublime.

RUF Rt12 - It's growing on me. Based on a Porsche, so it looks brilliant, suitably speedy for an A1, takes a while to go from 220 to the top speed though. (234) With that said, provided you're careful with it it's very good to drive, takes corners nicely, and if the back end threatens to kick out, you can snuff it out. Unlike the RGT, which is an insane homicidal maniac of a car.

Ascari A10 - I used this a LOT before I found the world of the Zondas, and I still have it today. 248mph, gets there very rapidly, and turns quite well. Not as good as the Zonda, but still pretty good.

A2 - RUF RGT - It's a tricky beast to handle, but in my opinion it's the fastest. 218mph is a good average for the A2's, but it's the way the RGT takes corners that wins me over. You can easily spin it if you're not careful, but it rewards you with a turn of speed through the corners at least, akin to that of an A1.

Nissan GT-R - Grip, grip, grip! This this is a car with claws, and a twin-turbo V6 to power it along to 204-218. Even better in the wet, where it leaves much more powerful cars sliding into the trees.

A3 - Ferrari California - It doesn't really suit my driving style as much as the DBS, but it sounds and looks ten times better, and will still hit 200mph.

A4 - Jaguar XKR - Looks excellent, sounds pretty good and grips like its namesake. I just wish it had a higher top speed. It's a supercharged 5L V8, surely 190 should be reachable at full tune. :I
Aston Martin V8 Vantage. Can we just take a minute. This thing will get to 201mph at full tune. It's an A4. And A4 will get to 201. I know the DB9's can too, but this is much lighter and better in twisty corners.

A5 - Mercedes Benz SLK 55 AMG - Drifting into the realms of indifference here. 170+ isn't too bad for an A5, and it gets there reasonably quick.

A6 - Subaru Impreza WRX STi - I used this thing everywhere for my first 200 hours of gameplay, exploring roads both asphalt and dirt, all to the delightfully large spoiler and bright cyan tribal stickers. Will also do 170mph.

A7 - Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde - Used it for A7 races. Not much else to say.

B2 - Lancia Stratos - Yes, the Buggy is faster, but this is so much more fun!

B3 - Audi Q7 V12 TDI - Used it for the championships, not too loud, nice and weighty through the off-road corners, and will still surpass 155mph.

B4 - Volkswagen Tourag V10 TDI - Used for championships, sold afterwards.

C1 - N/A

C2 -Shelby Daytone Coupe - 218mph, that is all.

C3 - Ferrari 308 GTS - If you're going to have a C3, get one of these. It's a Ferrari. It's fast. (For a classic)

C4 - Lancia Delta Integrale - Speedy both on and off road, still only used for championship and sold thereafter.
Last edited by Xlthuathopec on Sat May 25, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 10 times in total.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

A1:

1. Ferrari FXX
2. Pagani Zonda Cinque
3. Ariel Atom 500 V8

These cars have the best handling of the lot. Off course there is the immense power of the Bugatti Veyron. Cool drive as well, but sliding way too much.

A2:

1. RUF RTurbo
2. Pagani Zonda S
3. Dodge Viper ACR

The reason there is no Ferrari in this list is the simple fact that because you can't tune it, it becomes obsolete in most races. Also the reason why the RUF is on top. One of the best cars to win races with in A2. Handling of the Pagani is far more enjoyable than the RUF and is also quicker on fast tracks. Dodge is just brutal. I like the RGT too, takes some skill to master. The Ferrari 458 Italia is the best handling car in the A2 class.

A3:

1. Spyker Aileron Spyder
2. Ferrari California
3. Caterham 260

Sound and handling of the Aileron are the best in A3 imo. The DBS is best in a lot of races. I chose the California because i drove most miles with it during the Beta and i can still win battles with it. The Caterham is fastest on the tricky curvy tracks. Not the best looking A3 though, thats the Alfa Romeo 8C. That car looks stunning.

A4:

1. Caterham 500
2. Jaguar Speedpack and Blackpack

The Caterham is clearly placed in the wrong class. This was my pre-order bonus and i have won many instant challenges with it, including from A1 cars, lol.

A5:

Audi RS5

A6:

Subaru Impreza

Makes the rest obsolete in races. Good off roader as well

A7:

Alfa Romeo Mito

Nice little car. Still take it for a spin on occasion

B2:

Lancia Stratos

Tricky but fun to drive. Hard to master

B3:

Spyker Peking to Paris

One of my favorite cars in TDU. Did a lot of exploring and races with it.

B4:

Range Rover Sport

Covered most roads in Ibiza with this one. Relaxed cruiser as well.

C1:

Ferrari F40

Devs never released the other C1 class cars, which is ashame really. F40 is one of the few cars that actually drives well in TDU2.

C2:

Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe

Simply the best in its class. The Ferrari 250 GTO looks gorgeous and the Cobra 427 is a cool cruiser and fun ride.

C3:

Ferrari 308 GTS Quattrovalvole

Perfect match for Oahu. Not only because of Magnum PI

C4:

Lancia Delta Integrale

My starter car and still used on a regular base.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Xlthuathopec wrote: C2 - Jaguar D-Type - I use C-classes very rarely, C2's even less so. But the D-Type grips very well, just a shame that its top speed is a lie.
It shows, as the Jaguar is a C3 :loll:
And its top speed is indeed a lie. Something that was more common in those days.

I like Classics. At least they drive like cars in TDU. I prefer to cruise in them above the modern supercars 8-)

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Xlthuathopec
Rookie
Rookie

Full list is up there, shoot me a PM if I missed any :o

I've also added some A1/2's :D
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

**Note: Excluding "non-solar crown" classes.

A1 Racing: Bugatti Veyron SS - car has gotten a lot of negative rep based on the rammers who drive them, but if you know what you're doing, it can be a deadly weapon, and my choice car for A1 racing.

A1 Cruise: RUF RT-12 - Not competitive on the track, but a beautiful car, and fun to cruise with or do anything non-competitive racing with. Closest thing to a Porsche i'm gunna get.

A2 Racing: RUF RTurbo - I will argue until the ends of the earth that this is by far the best A2 car, as it ill destroy anything. On top of that, I love the car, performance or not, so it is a win - win. Only thing it kind of loses on is upper end acceleration, but ONLY to the Mercedes SLR and Audi R8, in which can't take corners nearly as well, so I can live with that. I have more miles on this car than any other.

A2 Cruise: Audi R8 - Love to cruise in it, even though it is also racing competitive. If not the R8 though, definitely the RTurbo. They are both my most used A2 cars.

A3 Racing: Mercedes Benz CLK 63 AMG Black - Not the best, but still competitive. When not using this, it is the RK Spyder.

A3 Cruise: RUF RK Spyder - Fun to cruise in. Overall tbh, I don't touch the A3 class that much.

A4 Racing: Audi RS6 Avant - By far the best. Being the only WD of A4, it will beat anything from 0-100mph, and easily outdoes anything in a corner. I will admit it lacks in top speed, but unless you are racing me in a track with nothing but straights, you have no chance.

A4 Cruise: Audi RS6 Avant - Reason it is the same, is that literally, this is the only A4 car I care for, and don't like any of the others. Hard to say I cruise much in it though.

A5 Racing: Audi RS5 Coupe - Best of the best on the track, enough said.

A5 Cruise: Audi S5 Coupe - It is a notch down from the "R" version, but far better to cruise in, if not my favorite cruising car.

A6 Racing: Audi TTs Coupe - For A6 i'll either drive this or the Audi A3. This is better.

A6 Cruise: Audi A3 - Don't cruise much in it, but if I used the A6 class more, this would be it.

A7 Racing: Volkswagen Golf - Been with it since the beginning, and still competitive.

A7 Cruise: Volkswagen Golf - Only A7 you will see me driving, ever.

B3 Cruise/Racing: Mercedes Benz ML63 AMG - The best off-roading B3 car. Same acceleration as the Spyker, lower top speed, better handling: considering it is an offroad vehicle, handling and corner ability is more important than an ~10mph faster than 179mph (which is rarely reached while offroad anyways.

B4 Cruise/Racing: Volkswagen Tourag V10 TDI - Hummer is garbage, and Range Rover I can't stand. Haven't used the B4 class in like a year though, so it is hard to truly call it a "favorite".

C4 Cruise: Volkswagen Beetle - There is something about it I keep coming back to.

C4 Racing: Lancia Delta - Best for C4, no further comment.

C3 Cruise/Racing: Mercedes Benz 300 SL Gullwing - I'll admit it is tough to keep up with cars like the Ferrari 308, but I manage.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, only German Cars, except the Delta Integrale :lol:

eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

Didn't create the German Auto Club (GAC) just for fun ;)

I will admit though that I do drive the Koenigsegg often as well; have a soft spot for Sweden.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
Xlthuathopec
Rookie
Rookie

Any reason you don't have a single British/Japanese/American/Italian car there?
Flipnoz
New Starter
New Starter

A1 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
A2 Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG Black
A3 Ferrari California
A4 Camaro 2SS
A5 Audi RS5 Coupe
A6 Camaro Synergy
A7 MiTo

B3 Spyker Peking to Paris
B4 Range Rover

C3 Ferrari 308
C4 Lancia Delta

Never used the special cars
sfy
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

A7- Alfa Romeo Brera Italia
A6- Audi S3 and the WRX
A5- Audi RS5
A4- Audi RS6 and the Jag Speed Pack
A3- Spyker C8 Aileron Spyder and the DBS
A2- ZR-1 and the Pagani C12S
A1- Pagani Cinque, Ascari A10, and the One-77

B2- Buggy. made most of early money with it using golf courses to hit 10K
B3- Spyker D8 Peking to Paris
B4- Range Rover, though i hate the entire class.

C3- 57 Vette, Charger, 308. loved the Dino in TDU1, but it sucked in TDU2
C4- Lancia Delta Coupe and the Citroen 2CV with the Beetle following close behind

when i look at my garage inventory, these are the cars with the most miles on them. every car in the A list has at least 1000 miles, with some others that have that many miles not making this list (4 Bugattis)

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”