TDU2 Graphics

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

This is probably a stupid question, but does TDU2 look better graphically on the PS3 than it does on the Xbox 360?

I don't use my PS3 enough (other than for a few exclusives) but I'm thinking about getting back into the system and I thought about buying TDU2 for it. I'm sure the game is pretty cheap buy now and I would be able to get the 458 Italia. If the graphics are better than it just may be worth it.
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

DDastardly00 wrote:This is probably a stupid question, but does TDU2 look better graphically on the PS3 than it does on the Xbox 360?
They are about the same. If there is a difference, it is very slight, and the only way you would notice is if you were trying to see a difference.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If you want the best graphics quality, get the PC version :twocents-02cents:

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:If you want the best graphics quality, get the PC version :twocents-02cents:

I've got all 3 versions and it's about the same however you have a graphics menu in the pc version in the console version are those 2 absent. Also on very high the pc version looks better ... on high it's almost the same.
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:If you want the best graphics quality, most server downtime, and the most hackers, get the PC version :twocents-02cents:
Why yes, very true Madman ;)
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

eaustinn36 wrote:
MadManCK wrote:If you want the best graphics quality, most server downtime, and the most hackers, get the PC version :twocents-02cents:
Why yes, very true Madman ;)
Did i say all of that? :think: :o

There are hackers on the consoles as well, but on PC it is ridiculous, i agree with myself there.

But the image quality is much better IMO, especially if you use 16xAF and 16xAA like i do. Combined with the Vsync at 60FPS i have a stable and smooth image quality that beats any console. Maybe the new ones will have a similar quality. We'll see.

Server downtime, or partial downtime has been low for a while but has turned up again the last few weeks. At least they are still maintained.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks guys, that answers my question. I would get TDU2 on PC but I would have to buy a new one, that's not in the cards right now because I'm in the process of finding and hopefully buying a new house. I already own a PS3, so it would be easy just to pick the game up for it. The other factor is I have a Logitech Driving Force Pro Wheel for the PS3 that I could use with TDU2, I do not own a wheel for the 360, but it sounds like graphics won't be a reason to buy it on PS3.
Grumpy
New Starter
New Starter

DDastardly00 wrote:Thanks guys, that answers my question. I would get TDU2 on PC but I would have to buy a new one, that's not in the cards right now because I'm in the process of finding and hopefully buying a new house. I already own a PS3, so it would be easy just to pick the game up for it. The other factor is I have a Logitech Driving Force Pro Wheel for the PS3 that I could use with TDU2, I do not own a wheel for the 360, but it sounds like graphics won't be a reason to buy it on PS3.
Unfortunately they do, you have more framerate issues on PS3, you have more session problems on PS3 and also the loading times on PS3 are ridiculous compared to Xbox 360. PS3 is by far the worst plattform for TDU 2 when it comes to framerate, graphics in general and also loadingtimes. The only advantage is that there is not as many hackers on the PS3. So far i have only seen the usual moneyhackers but i only have about 400h on the PS3.

On the other hand i have maybe 300h on the Xbox but there you see speedhackers, hacked cars.........every time you play. Sure there are a lot of hackers on the PC aswell but i must say the Xbox is close if not worse.

I don't regret buying it for the PS3 because i found a really great club and met some really good friends. Although the session issues have made it so we can almost never cruise we have to do it in Multiplayer races. Also the framerate issues makes you "sick". The framerate issues are present on the Xbox aswell but not even close to as bad as they are on the PS3.

Loadingtimes Xbox vs PS3.
[youtube]q7GU9oBGoAM[/youtube]
RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do a search for something called SweetFX for TDU2 and install that ! You might want to do that.
After that, you will never want to go back to the old version of TDU2. It's not a hack, it's a modification for the color bnk's.

I think Voodoo posted his version of the TDU2 SFX on TurboDuck.
My version was custom made ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Looks good. But the basic TDU2 graphics are already very good imo

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”