Project CARS

The ultimate racing game
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Delayed again. :shock:
"Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project Cars is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all. Despite therefore the game being 99.9 per cent complete, the remaining 0.1 per cent attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate," said studio head Ian Bell.

"We're absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that's what they'll receive.

"There's a high expectancy from racing fans around the world that Project CARS is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one."
Slightly Mad Studios is offering "free content" by way of apology, though it hasn't yet confirmed what the content will actually be.
It's funny that they have announced this now as just today I got an email from them saying.....
We're happy to announce that we are ready to distribute the WMD member copies of Project CARS. Please make sure to read the information below carefully:
:party:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I pre-ordered it today. They waited for that... :angry-banghead:

:loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yeah, I just saw this news too. Hopefully those free goodies (which should probably have been in the game anyway) are worth the wait!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

yeah im blaming MadManCK for the delay this time :woot:

I still hear rumors they don't want it released because it's to close to GTA release

Anyway I will pre-order mine closer to release then you can all blame me :2thumbsup:
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

They just made a cool, new trailer! Although I don't think they used in-game sounds. But still cool!

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lets see if this thread makes it to 10.000 views before they release the goods already :loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Just got it as a belated birthday gift from an IRL friend on steam, gives me a nice sim to play with my G27. It better work damn near flawlessly for all the time it's been delayed though.
Ryzza5
Rookie
Rookie

Made this video last night

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

Some takeaways that aren't obvious from watching the video:
* Being able to feel the grip through the wheel is mindblowing. In iRacing you try to go a little faster and then are suddenly facing the wrong way with a x4 SR penalty. In this I can almost always tell that if I push a tiny bit more, I'll be spinning wheels, and possibly the car as well. Might explain why so many video watchers accuse the game of being too easy/grippy. I accuse many of the others of being unrealistically slippery.

* AI are (usually) amazing imo. Yes you can turn the setting down to overtake them all in one lap ala GT5 if you like, but if you find the right setting that matches your abilities, it's like racing in some online leagues I've been in. In this video I was using KERS to assist with passing (limited to one use per lap) but I still had to fight to gain (and keep) positions. I was quite lucky to not get suspension damage in one or two incidents. Go too rough (with damage enabled, of course) and you'll lose a wheel. To sum up, they're challenging, daring, and sometimes imperfect, which is what keeps me coming back for more. Winning is only important in career mode, but if I'm creating a custom race, I want the fun of racing mid-pack.

Hope you guys enjoy the game. It's been a blast inside WMD and it feels a little strange now. Not everything is perfect, but SMS really have listened to the community to everyone's benefit. Development will continue for ~2 years. New cars/tracks/disciplines and also league tools are among the things planned so far.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice video. Good catch at around 7 min. In other games, like Assetto and iRacing, that would have resulted in a pre-programmed spin without the possibility for recovery.
This gives you more the thrills of real racing from the looks of it.

Looking forward to the release. :party:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Epic video Ryzza5 and some nice driving as well. :D
Image Image

Return to “Project Cars”