lol, my first attempt to watch a webisode at Syfy.com

Drop in and chat about anything
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

it looked like it would be fun to watch. that is untill i found out it runs 20 second commercials every 3 minutes!!!

needless to say i wont ever be going to SyFy.com after that
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Karu62 wrote:it looked like it would be fun to watch. that is untill i found out it runs 20 second commercials every 3 minutes!!!

needless to say i wont ever be going to SyFy.com after that
Lol just when you thought it couldn't get worse. They even smuggled commercials in my Youtube gaming vids. :loll:
But can you watch episodes on Syfy that have not been aired yet?

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Prepsi

adblockplusadblockplusadblockplusadblockplus
medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

MadManCK wrote: Lol just when you thought it couldn't get worse. They even smuggled commercials in my Youtube gaming vids. :loll:
You can opt out of the advertisements on your Youtube vids.

Some music company agent filed a DCMA take-down notice with Google for the music in a video I shot once. It happened to be royalty-free music I purchased from Smartsound, not the music company's music, though it was for private use, not a commercial license. While my video was non-commercial I went ahead and opted out of Google's advertizing (didn't even know it was there) just in case that was the problem, then sent them a link to my music on Smartsound. The take-down notice was withdrawn.
Steam name: McDave
Grid 2 playername: Boss 429
TDU2 playername: Medcave, Texican, Boss 429 (current)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

medcave wrote:
MadManCK wrote: Lol just when you thought it couldn't get worse. They even smuggled commercials in my Youtube gaming vids. :loll:
You can opt out of the advertisements on your Youtube vids.

Some music company agent filed a DCMA take-down notice with Google for the music in a video I shot once. It happened to be royalty-free music I purchased from Smartsound, not the music company's music, though it was for private use, not a commercial license. While my video was non-commercial I went ahead and opted out of Google's advertizing (didn't even know it was there) just in case that was the problem, then sent them a link to my music on Smartsound. The take-down notice was withdrawn.
I know about the advertizement option, lol.

It seems that some overachievers at Sony etc. make a lot of claims just to justify their existence.
The added link with a place to buy the music is a cool thing IMO. I found some music that way i didn't know of. Bought some as well.

I can not watch Webisodes over here BTW. It is all region restricted. Even if most shows do Air here shortly after the US (with ugly subs).

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Ha, I knew about the ad option too, just didn't realize they had automatically applied them to my older videos. (Hey! Where's my revenue check?) :loll:

Yeah I've always been careful not to upload videos with copyrighted music. My favorite one of the bunch was set to a George Strait song, so had to settle for just including it on the dvd given out to friends. Smartsound has some pretty cool tunes. You would be surprised how many TV shows use their music... the commercial versions of course. ;) Always fun to hear some show picked the same tune you had.
Steam name: McDave
Grid 2 playername: Boss 429
TDU2 playername: Medcave, Texican, Boss 429 (current)

Return to “The Lay-by”