Slow PC

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just an update on this in case anyone else has similar problems. :ugeek:

When i posted a few weeks ago that this was now back to normal i soon realized a few hours later that it was not and everything was as before. :facepalm:

so over the past few weeks after trying all of the above suggestions i tried the only options left. :geek:

First one was to use the option to re-install Win 10 with the new built-in feature, it stated that all of my settings would stay in place and gave me a list of about 5 programs that would have to be uninstalled in the process so i thought ok no big deal i can just reinstall them later if need be so i hit the continue button. :party:

The procedure took a little time to complete but eventually up popped my desktop again, but then to my horror up popped a list of programs that had been removed (over 100) :eeek:

The strange thing is it didnt even bother removing half of the desktop icons they just dont link to anything anymore. :facepalm:

And to top it off the PC was still the same. :angry-screaming:
DO NOT USE THIS TOOL IT TELLS LIES AND WILL MESS UP YOUR PC :angry-tappingfoot:

Next I tried swapping out the hard drives, cloned the content and replaced them. (a lot of work :roll: ) this did not solve the problem. :doh:

One last option remained, Back up everything including my Steam games (that alone took over 6 hours) and do a completely new install of windows.
I decided to go ahead and when done i waited for the desktop to appear, installed Steam and clicked run and the PC was still SLOW................ :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

By now i was convinced it was a hardware problem as nothing else was left and thought it was time to bite the bullet and buy a new motherboard as i must of damaged it when installing the new water cooler as that was when the problems started. :cry:

So i pulled up the online manual for my motherboard to see what to look for in a new one and a few pages down i noticed this. :eeek:
Capture1.PNG
I must have knocked the switch when installing the water cooler as it was not in the correct position and the PC was running in slow mode, i must admit i never even knew this switch existed before this. :o

Needless to say it is now back in the correct position and yhe PC now runs as it did before :D
I only wish i had known about it weeks ago. :doh: :mrgreen:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

LN2 bootup? Sounds ambitious :mrgreen:

:auto-nx:

Glad you found the issue. Not a thing you would get mentioned from a helpdesk answer.

Game on :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

:mrgreen:
i told Mad resently: i'll never go watercooled
i even prefere my (most of) aicooled 8-)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Damn, who would have thonk it, never would have thought of a switch mode causing you so much grief...

Also yea Luny, watercooling is nice, but you are just gambling with you system and the leaking you know is coming to ruin your system, i was terrified to turn on my PC after i had not been running for a while, and at the end i just took it all out and sold it and went aircooled again, might go watercooled again but it is so much effort to keep it running well, but then again so is dust cleaning.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

At least i have learned something :mrgreen:

And i still think Water cooling is the way to go for gaming. :geek:
Image Image

Return to “PC”