TDU 2 Large Map Project

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I know, but it was kinda clever to use the google maps thing. Not that accurate and also made the Eden devs some liberties in adding roads or leaving them away.
But if you are looking for locations, it might come in handy.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

yeah I know what you mean, could be handy the only problem is when you compare the two, the Google one is just a ruff estimate of the actual position on the map.
I may ask for volunteers to help with updating the map but don't know if anyone would be interested. :think:
I used Photoshop (I was lucky got a cheap copy off eBay) I don't expect many "if any" of the members on here have a copy :o

But an alternative would be to use Gimp as its free and uses layers like Photoshop. The idea would be to give each person a copy of the map, create a new layer on it then add the parts they have been given to do.
I would then add all these layers to the main map to create an updated image, that way more than one person can work on the map at the same time. :D
Braking the work up like this would greatly reduce the amount of work needed by each person.
I would recommend a decent PC to work on with plenty of storage and as much memory as possible.
If anyone is interested let me know and I will test it out with Gimp and see if it's feasible. :geek:
Image Image

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”