TDU1 Platinum Project

TestDrive Archives
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

TDU1 Platinum Project

For a while now, a modders initiative, lead by Milli, is trying to gather all TDU1 mods and bring them together under the Platinum project. With TDU2 servers down, the TDU1 community might get a boost again. They even try to improve the physics. But TBH that was never an issue in the original TDU. Physics were simple but good.

Link to tDuck thread;
https://forum.turboduck.net/threads/w-i ... num.35193/

Time to re-discover the island of Oahu.
TDU Platinum pursue the objective to be more than a collection of many different mods in a pack, the objective is to deliver a whole new experience, a whole new way to play with endless possibilities to choose at your own demand, ready to go.

The work being done is beyond the gathering of different vehicles, sounds and gauges from different online websites and packing them together, it goes further to new physics, brand new weather, compatible with HDiR, new world textures and also new music for background and radio statios.

New Physics
Over 850 vehicles
Correct color names
Dedicated camera for each vehicle
New weather - HDiR compatible
New map textures
New radio stations
Easily moddable
Easy installation

► Show Spoiler
This might be interesting to try, while we wait for TDU3. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some handling test videos.

This makes me wonder if there will be wheel support for the more modern wheels in TDU Platinum.
I know it rocked for G25, but will Fanatec CSW V1, V2, V2.5, Trhustmaster T300, T500 and the newer Logitech G29 be supported? :think:

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just this week i was considering selling my old G25 but this thread has made me think again :think:

Maybe i might hang onto it but at the moment it is just gathering dust. :gaming:
Image Image
neongod666
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

So it says over 850 cars but only shows 411, any ideas what the rest are, also how does it work with buying these cars and storing them ie garage space?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Those are the maximum amount of filled slots, i presume. The others are replacement or swappable cars.

Over 400 is still more than twice as much as the default game ever had :D

PS I did read that they will not replace the traffic vehicles, something i did in the past with Djey's 70's overhaul.
TDU1 can run of older PC and i'm under the impression that some of the Platinum project modders do not have very powerful hardware.

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

There's now a Platinum version available

BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

Lunytrickz wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:05 pm There's now a Platinum version available

Awesome news ! :2thumbsup:

If you still have TDU installed (like me) here's the link for the turboduck forum post with download

https://turboduck.net/forums/topic/3584 ... -platinum/

Edit: it's about 6GB of mod size :woot:
neongod666
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

So I've always played TDU on Xbox 360, I've got a PC copy ordered specially for platinum.
I'm looking to get a laptop to play on as my windows 10 won't run it, will 3gb of ram do the job on a Windows 7 laptop?
neongod666
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Also does anyone have a list of the hidden cars which I understand you unlock by tuning the other cars I think.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Does W10 not have a compatibility mode for that?
TDU1 was meant to run on older hardware, so 3Gig should be enough. However more RAM is always better :party:

Return to “TDU1”