December Update "Demolition Derby" - First Look

DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Here are my videos, i will add videos from the other PitCrew-members later.

Part 1 – Update-Highlights

Part 2 – Livebattle PvP Streetrace

Part 3 – Livebattle PvP Demolition Derby

Part 4 – Demolition Derby PvE (all missions)

Part 5 – Bugatti Chiron Presentation (Tuning, Sound- & Topspeed-Check and Racetest Latrell 2)

Part 6 – Bugatti Chiron Presentation (Cinematic)

Part 7 – Ferrari 812 Superfast Presentation (Tuning, Soundcheck and Racetest Latrell 2)

Part 8 – Ferrari 812 Superfast Presentation (Cinematic)

Part 9 – Drifting the Fender (Cinematic)

Part 10 – AlphaGP new Track and Red Bull RB14 Disruption Edtion (w/ Paragleiber)
Cruising is not a crime
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

this is what i get after the update :doh:
The Crew 2 Screenshot 2018.12.05 - 14.46.42.47.png
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Must be those "Gilets Jaunes", now blocking the digital roads in The Crew as well. :loll:

Or my trained Hamsters did a demolition derby in their server room :twisted:

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:15 pm Must be those "Gilets Jaunes", now blocking the digital roads in The Crew as well. :loll:

Or my trained Hamsters did a demolition derby in their server room :twisted:

:character-blues:
Damn, your hamster were faster than my trained swarm of hornets :doh:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

OK after my initial run today;

The Good;
  • Graphics are a bit simplified now, reducing the massive amount of lighting effects. Maybe a bit less eye candy, but much better for racing
  • PVP mode has wallriding fix. All those n00bs got stuck in the wall. :2thumbsup:
  • Demolition Derby is a fun new game mode
  • For some reason the controller input appears to be more direct now. Maybe less stress on the PC? Feels more optimized somehow
The Bad;
  • GFX looks more like Crew1 now.
  • PVP runs on the same tracks but with far less reward money :?
  • In Demolition Derby your car gets destroyed way too fast to be real.
  • Text box still bugged and you need to press "T" for every sentence now :o
Overall it feels like an improvement.

PS There is a Bugatti Chiron now.... :eeek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

I'm very surprised from this PvP, at least it's faster between races and the lobbies are usually full with 7 players (apart from yourself) :2thumbsup: Another thing I like so much is the Demo Derby PvP.
The street racing pvp is good in some parts and not so on others.
The good part is the encourage of precision driving instead of wallriding and wallbouncing. The bad part of this street pvp is the dominance of one car (Lambo Huracan) and some bikes.
That is killing the pvp for me, I don't call any kind of nerf to the bikes because if they do that, then we have the Huracan Cup on street race.
On hypercar races we have a bunch of players using the Agera R but I can keep them up with my Ford GT, I haven't tried other HC cars so tell me your experience.
I agree about the non collision mode allways on but I would add a fade effect to the nearby cars instead of have ghosts allways on.
Also I saw a player (well known from the competitive aspect from TC1) who was using a gamepad but with wheel like steering, I mean with no limits or understeer. I didn't know that you could use that system like in TC1.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

and now ya can make any full stickerjob int chrome or metalic etc.
and there's a new plane klass: Extreme

PvP is ok BUT not only the tuning is standard, the PRO settings are gone also
i first tryed the Nissan GTR i alway's use for streetraces
i spend day's on perfecting the PRO settings to my drivingstyle
and in PvP it turned back to a undrivable tailhappy RWD feel

Demo derby is fun for 5 min but gets boring soon after
DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Lunytrickz wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:31 pm and now ya can make any full stickerjob int chrome or metalic etc.
In this case they listened to the community, but did it again just the half way. Why don't we just get all the colors for individual stickers. That can not be that hard to execute.
Lunytrickz wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:31 pm PvP is ok BUT not only the tuning is standard, the PRO settings are gone also
i first tryed the Nissan GTR i alway's use for streetraces
i spend day's on perfecting the PRO settings to my drivingstyle
and in PvP it turned back to a undrivable tailhappy RWD feel
You have the same feeling too? Yesterday i throw this question into the TPC-discord-room because as everyone knows we already cannot use our grinded parts, and Gaidheal answered that we keep our personal pro-settings. But today after driving two PvP-races myself i had the same feeling. My Huracan has a trainlike competetive pro-setting and today it began to overstear again. I still won this race because a Huracan is a Huracan and as long there is no prodriver on a bike or the same car it stays an "OP"-car, but i'm very sure that these are not my personal pro-settings. With them i basicly would have destroyed them. :D
Cruising is not a crime
BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

Regarding pro-settings I think that it work on mixed races (where collision are on) because I had 2 races with the Red bull RB14 (the halo one) with default settings, it had a lot of understeer and by tweaking the pro-settings I made to have more steering on fast corners and I noticed that on pvp lobbies.
I think that street race lobbies with collision off, pro-settings are disabled and stock for everyone.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

PVP Huracan is more tail happy than a puppy dog. :animals-dogrun:

Only real issue i see in PVP is that the devs made the same mistake as in Crew1, by making the Bikes overpowered.
For those who prefer not to use bikes in races a very annoying situation. Same goes for dominating cars.
These are also avoidable mistakes, making the dev team more stupid than Donkeys, as a Donkey does not hit the same rock twice. :roll:

Better is to avoid Bike vs Cars, as it will never lead to a satisfying solution.
More dedicated bike races would be fun. Also focused to cruise bikes or race bikes (grouped)
Forced (classic car) races or limited choice to a small group of similar performing cars would already be 10x better. Like starter car races, sport car races, hot hatch races, muscle car races or saloon car races. Just to name a few that can be grouped.
The few old muscle car races either let you only pick one (Papa John) or race them with a modern supercar, which makes no sense and kills immersion.

Another option is to force 1st view in PVP. (Cockpit, bumper, helmet or hood).
That would scare away most of the 3rd view Bike players for sure. :P

There are so many ways to avoid everybody picking the same rides for every race. But for some reason they do not seem to understand.

One of my own solutions would be to add a race type where they force every race to use 8 different (random or focused) cars.
And give the highest ranked players the least favorable ones :twisted:
That would force players to use more different cars and to learn their ropes. It would also make every race less predictable and more interesting to play, with a more varied field.

And it is better for the contributing car manufacturers as well. After all they want to have their machines displayed in the game to tease potential future buyers or build their brand. If nobody picks their cars, why even bother handing out a license to IT at all?

:twocents-02cents:

Return to “The Crew 2”