Le Mans 24Hr

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have followed this years LM24 with half an eye.
As usual only the GT class is really worth following with close battles between different brands going on.

Next year will be epic with the Hypercar class.*
Unfortunately only starting in September, so after 2020LM24

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This years starting field and some useful links

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans

https://www.fiawec.com/en/lmp1/27

And another (directed?) victory for the Toyota from Fernando Alonso. 8-)
If next year fails to deliver another serious contender, Toyota will succeed 3x in a row.

IMO the LM organisation should scrap LMP1 and go straight for the new Hypercars. If not possible only run LMP2 and GTE cars in 2020. LMP1 is boring.

:twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Glickenhaus has made a Proto but i do not see the new class of Hypercars. Maybe postponed untill next year?

:smoking:

dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I'm currently watching the whole race on Motortrend. I'm kinda bummed out that there are no Mercedes, Lambo, Audi, Honda NSX, BMW or Bentley cars for the GTE Pro and AM classes. :( Needs more variety with 61 cars on the grid.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, LM24 has lost some of its appeal. Most coverage was of the LMP2 class, where the real battles were. It also appears they try to "balance" the GTE classes, resulting in some teams reverting to sandbagging to avoid penalty weight or air restrictors.
Corvette did the best job avoiding the scrutineering eyes of the regulators. But the LM24 organisation is also known to favor certain teams. Ford vs Ferrari anniversary resulted in those two teams being a lot faster than the rest, lol.

Next year will become more interesting as the LMP1 will end. No big loss there, as Toyota has no real competition.
Alpine had its maiden run and Glickenhaus can only be congratulated on bringing 2 cars to the finish in 4th and 5th.

The LMP1 will be replaced by the new Hypercar class. Looking forward to that. :party:

The real Le Mans for me is always the GT classes. Cars that come close to their road going counterparts. Close racing, 24 hours long and faster on the straight than the LMP2 class :mrgreen:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Looking forward to the new Hypercar class. But IMO they look like prototypes :?

:auto-swerve:

https://www.youtube.com/live/HOtO4tQhgVM?feature=share

dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:21 pm Looking forward to the new Hypercar class. But IMO they look like prototypes :?

:auto-swerve:

https://www.youtube.com/live/HOtO4tQhgVM?feature=share
Im watching right now. Honestly can't tell the difference, they all look like LMP1-2
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Forza Ferrari (51) :2thumbsup:
They managed to break the Toyota streak, after Audi had gone.

Great stuff and new legends are born. :smoking:
Also very good result from Cadillac (3rd)

More Hypercar teams will join, so finally a class where more manufacturers are competing. :party:

Return to “The Showroom”