Things We Do NOT Want in TDU3

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Things We Do NOT Want in TDU3

Made this on request of Dpuff. 8-)

Can be very useful, as some dev teams clearly are in the dark about what the digital driving community really wants, And that is a fair assessment.

What i really do not like is an unbalanced controller setup, where all leader boards are dominated by keyboard players.
Wheel users should have the edge, as it is a driving game and they made the investment in their setup. That should be rewarded and not punished by some foolish "Lyon School" algorithm that favors keyboard controls.

When it comes to car lists, i prefer quality over quantity. TDU has always been good at that and lets hope Kylotonn does an awesome job on exciting cars and bikes.

And avoid a really dumbed down handling model. This is most likely covered by the rally based physics setup they already have in house.

Last one is easy. Nobody wants cheats and hackers. :naughty:
Hard to avoid, but a pro active, E-Sport based approach to dealing with little miscreants would be highly appreciated.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

:rightthumbup: Thanks MadMan!

Another thing I thought of is, I don't want cars locked from customizing because of licensing issues. For example, the Nissan GTR in tdu2, we couldn't customize it in terms of adding stickers. All we could do was change the paint color. Either have the full license or don't add the car to the game at all! :twocents-02cents:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Licensing is not what it used to be.

Car manufacturers legal teams can be a real nightmare for game developers.
One of the many reasons why a large chunk of the development budget goes to licensing and other legal issues.

It can take up to 3 months to get permission for a single model with damage, modifications, sticker and paint options.
Some manufacturers are cooler than others. RUF is known to be very cooperative. And therefore his cars are popular in any driving game :mrgreen:

Ferrari allows only factory paint and Mercedes sometimes does not want stickers on their cars or certain models.

A fully unlimited customizable game can only be achieved by modding it, i'm afraid.

And TBH some cars should not be riced IMO.
But than again, that should be the players choice.

The moment Lawyers entered the car game development realm, was the moment when things went south quickly. They all want to prove themselves somehow, or justify their ridiculous legal fees. It is what it is, i suppose.
For certain brands, like Ferrari it makes sense to protect the brand and keep it pure.

There are workarounds, like tuner cars as Novitec Rosso, for example. But than you will need 2 licenses.... :angry-banghead:

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Another thing is the connection to other players through a P2P system.
That should be avoided at all cost. It works really badly in other games and ruins a good driving experience with friends or in races.

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Traffic that's just there to ANOY the sh*t out of ya
like in The Crew 2 and now in NFS HEAT !!!
keep traffic as it was in TDU1 & 2
its still a GAME its supposed to be FUN not super realistic, safe that for SIM racers :twocents-02cents:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

TDU & TDU2 traffic was also annoying, but completely passive and therefore relative predictable.
Crew1 traffic was OK but Crew2 is the worst traffic i have experienced in any racing video game.
It is partly interactive but only programmed to annoy you even more. Traffic behavior like that is no fun and should be avoided at all cost.
Maybe some of the devs at IT were bullied at High School and take this opportunity to get even with the rest of the World :loll:

Best is to make traffic, weather and time of day options selectable with sliders for events and races. But also for cruises with friends or clubs. This can easily be achieved by allowing some kind of race lobby environment in free drive.

Most important is a consistent and fair environment for competitive events. Both for custom events and races as well the default game races.

:twocents-02cents:

DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

simple and easy:
- no boring kids- and casualhandling
- no nonsense, useless, only timeextending grinding like in TC2
- no stupid RNG-stuff
- no macro-clutch advantage for any device
- no back on track nonsense
- no dirty-driving advantage
- no traffic in races
- no random weather in races
- NO COPS!!!
Cruising is not a crime
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

DonnieBrasco wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:38 pm - NO COPS!!!
:angry-tappingfoot:

Cop races can be fun, if implemented well. :law-policered:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

no boring kids
Not sure thats an option. :loll:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

No grind
No greed
No grudge

Avoid favorite cars. All cars & bikes should be useful in races. Not the same but similar in performance.
Avoid top tier cars being driveable by n00bs from the start. This messed up TDU2 big time with bug-a-boogattis ramming everyone and everything in the game.

PS Police chases only in a race lobby type of environment. This will avoid cruisers having to deal with disturbing the peace and killing the mood.

Return to “Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown”