Steam splash screen

Talk about all things Steam related.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I have a small question?

When i start Steam as well as the normal screen showing up i also get a small splash screen showing up advertising some game or other.

I used to have a setting somewhere that disabled it from showing at startup but now i can't find it any more has it been removed or am i looking in the wrong place. :?
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

A lot of upgrades and updates include the removal of features, rather than adding more customer convenience.

All for drawing your attention to stuff you can purchase. :roll:

And even if some settings still exist, they are harder to find.
Welcome to the age, where Ai and programmers try to think for you.

The age of algorithms. :mrgreen:
Call Gabe, maybe he can turn that into a game too. One you can purchase on Steam, of course :o

PS Steam still beats Crew2, where you can buy fancy neons for 55K CC, while daily contracts usually are worth 1500CC, so many are tempted to buy CC for in-game purchases to lighten up their rides with cosmetic eye candy :loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

This is what i mean (see photo) we used to have a box you could un-tick to stop it from popping up when Steam loads up but i can't find it any more. :angry-banghead:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I knew that, but it is a general plague with updates that functionality gets removed and not added.
Sometimes this leads eventually to a premium account option, where you will have more customizing options and can enjoy the full experience.

And maybe than you will get your favorite options back :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:56 am Sometimes this leads eventually to a premium account option, where you will have more customizing options and can enjoy the full experience.
Never going to happen :D i already pump enough money into Steam as it is. :angry-tappingfoot:
Image Image

Return to “Steam”