A few small updates to the forum.

Important site info
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Over the next few days, weeks, months (depending on free time i will be introducing some small twerks to the look of the forum. :ugeek:

From now all new members that do not have an Avatar will be assigned a random one automatically (can then be changed by the user in the UCP)

Extra Avatars have now been added to various places around the forum including the index page showing who posted first and last in each topic.

Also ever since i updated the forum to the new version we are using now the Rank and Member badges have not worked as they should, and do not show up in the post view :(

This means the only way to see the members rank/badge is by clicking on the profile and it is not obvious at a glance who is an Admin or Moderator or supporter etc...

This is down to how the new theme works and is not compatible with the old badges so i am working on a new way to do this but it means i can't use the old badges as they are to large for the now smaller display area shown in red.

This means i will have to re-design all of the icons to represent each RANK and as they will now be quite small i can't fit words like Admin or Supporter on the icons as it will be unreadable so i will have to come up with a small icon that will represent each of these different things Admin, Moderator, Supporter etc.... not sure how i am going to to that yet but am working on it (maybe just a red A icon for admin) :mrgreen:

I also had icons for post ranks depending on how many posts you have so will nee something for that too. :doh:

I also need to find a better way of showing what forums are read and un-read as this does not show very well with this theme, i will probably just add a green dot to each forum icon to show the member that the forum has un-read post in it for him/her.

This sounds like an easy fix but in reality it means having to re-do every forum icon (over 64 i think not including the dark sub forum icons) so still a lot of work. :o

This will all get done just not sure how long it will take i tend to do a few hours at a time then take a rest and jump into a game for a wile this way it doesn't get boring. :)

Depending on how TDU 3 pans out i have lots of other things planed. ;)
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Adding new Badges and ranks to the forum so you might get a notification you have a new badge/rank even though you already had it before. :o

This is because the system thinks theses are new awards. :mrgreen:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yoohoo, i got badged :woot:

:smoking:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

:loll:
Will be adding some more stuff soon....... :mrgreen:

Go here to see more.
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Re-designed the forum icons so they are all looking the same style. :D

Also forums with un-read posts, the icons will have an outer green glow. :sci-fi-beamup:

Still got some sub-forum icons to update but main ones done. :ugeek:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just did an update to the newest version of phpBB and one of the extensions is not compatible so some of your links to the forum might need updating like bookmarks, quick links etc...

Sorry for the inconvenience. :oops:
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Just an FYI for you. If I click on the TDUDT logo at the top of the page, I get the following message. Your server is running PHP version 5.4.45 but WordPress 5.4.2 requires at least 5.6.20.

Edit: Also seen if I click on the DT-News link.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Thanks mate, :rightthumbup:

I already know about these but thanks anyway as i might not have. ;)

It's on my to do list today along with sorting out stuff for the Prize Draw and setting things up ready for the club system also hoping to get some gaming in as well but that depends on how things go or if i get sick of looking at code. :ugeek:

EDIT: fixed. :D
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just a small update, you can now post Twitch videos. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Been doing a few more updates to the forum and still a few more to do so things may not be working as they should sometimes. :mrgreen:

Working on it inbetween real life, work, web designing, promoting the forum on twitter, and playing Divinity Original sin 2 . :mrgreen:
But will get it done, just takes a bit longer. :ugeek:
Image Image

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”